Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/9/2012  10:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
TRU wrote:You nay sayers...

Beat the bulls, Indiana back to back, Orlando...

um, this team might be for real.

Been so long since we had a winner around here no one know what one looks like.

We got a Championship center, undefendable closer, lock down rookie defender, a nutty johns starks like streak-shooter, a dead-eye sharpshooter, 3 all-stars, playoff seeding, defensive minded coach...

And we 2 games over .500..........That is the sobering fact that should taper the euphoria just a bit.

Nice win.

fans a bit manic on both directions.

When your live by the 3, you'll die by it more often.

Yesterday we lived by it.

The Knicks had to go 11-3 to get to 2 games over .500 with the current coach. I think you have to look at this group like it is a new team. Linsanity accounted for 7 wins in 42 games. I really think this team needed a different coach, a different voice and a different philosophy on the court. I would judge these guys based on their tenure with Mike Woodson because Mike Woodson is his own man.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/9/2012  10:38 PM
I can see it already the "I told you so crowd" coming out as soon as the Knicks are eliminated from the playoffs. Heck it's happened after each of the 3 losses out of 14 under Woodson. Melo trade was stupid, bring back Gallo & Mozgov, Re-hire Dantoni as offensive coordinator yada yada yada
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2012  10:38 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nobody is putting Melo down, or the Win.

Its just not "scream at the top of your lungs" kind of thing.

It was a win. Bulls are good. they choked, Knicks got hot. It will happen.

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I think the problem is with the title of the thread and the word "euphoria" When none of the "melo lovers/dantoni haters/woodson lovers" are making unrealistic proclamations like beating the Heat as the thread topic suggests

Yeah, it's not the euphoria that's over the top. It's the hypersensitivity to anything remotely critical of Melo.

So we beat chicago and Melo carries the team yet we are still reaching for ways to be critical of Melo? Thats what "the other contingent" doesn't understand

That's the norm for any player who is a superstar. You ever read about how Lebron or Kobe is treated, including after wins? They should stop calling Melo a superstar if they don't want him treated like one.

The odd thing is no one took a shot at Melo on this thread and yet this infestation of rabid defenders spin their own retorts till they reach some critical mass in a feeding frenzy type situation. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

You must have missed blobmans posts in this thread. Also, as Crush pointed out, you are the one with "We are Toast" in your sig....Whatis that supposed ot imply?

Uptown

4/9/2012  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2012  10:41 PM
MarburyAnd1Crossover wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I am. I am putting the win down. I don't even count it as a win.

I mean, if that's how you're gonna win with Melo, I'd rather lose.

Dude, you've already admitted that your not a Knicks fan. So what is the point of you hanging around except to antogonize and troll?

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

4/9/2012  10:41 PM
Silverfuel wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I think the problem is with the title of the thread and the word "euphoria" When none of the "melo lovers/dantoni haters/woodson lovers" are making unrealistic proclamations like beating the Heat as the thread topic suggests

Yeah, it's not the euphoria that's over the top. It's the hypersensitivity to anything remotely critical of Melo.

So we beat chicago and Melo carries the team yet we are still reaching for ways to be critical of Melo? Thats what "the other contingent" doesn't understand

That's the norm for any player who is a superstar. You ever read about how Lebron or Kobe is treated, including after wins? They should stop calling Melo a superstar if they don't want him treated like one.

The odd thing is no one took a shot at Melo on this thread and yet this infestation of rabid defenders spin their own retorts till they reach some critical mass in a feeding frenzy type situation. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

What is fun to watch is people that hate Melo so much that they would not even enjoy a win over a good team.

The prosecution rests.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/9/2012  10:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I dont see anybody being critical everyone seems happy about the win

On second thought, that's true too. Not everyone is euphoric, but I've seen very little if any criticism of Melo (maybe aside from MarburyAnd1) today. The Melo lovers are simply criticizing us for not being euphoric enough!

No one is "euphoric" enough over the victory to expect the team to beat Miami and win a championship. That is why the use of the word euphoric is extreme as others have suggested

This seems a little too picky. Replace the word euphoric with excited if you want; the point still is valid IMO.

So fans are not allowed to be "excited" about their team without the "excited police" reaching for ways to rain on the parade. Why are we here, why are we knicks fans then? Maybe some people miss the 20-30win teams. Maybe we should break up the team and re-hire Isiah as GM and re-hire Dantoni then we can all be happy

Put it this way, then: The insistence that everyone must feel nothing but excitement and not bring up anything remotely critical (or even neutral!) is over the top.

What is there to be critical of when the Knicks beat the best team in the East at full strength with a depleted team?

ChuckBuck
USA
4/9/2012  10:42 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Silverfuel wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

What is fun to watch is people that hate Melo so much that they would not even enjoy a win over a good team.

The prosecution rests.

Your sig says all I need to know about you as a "Knicks Fan".

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/9/2012  10:44 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I dont see anybody being critical everyone seems happy about the win

On second thought, that's true too. Not everyone is euphoric, but I've seen very little if any criticism of Melo (maybe aside from MarburyAnd1) today. The Melo lovers are simply criticizing us for not being euphoric enough!

No one is "euphoric" enough over the victory to expect the team to beat Miami and win a championship. That is why the use of the word euphoric is extreme as others have suggested

This seems a little too picky. Replace the word euphoric with excited if you want; the point still is valid IMO.

So fans are not allowed to be "excited" about their team without the "excited police" reaching for ways to rain on the parade. Why are we here, why are we knicks fans then? Maybe some people miss the 20-30win teams. Maybe we should break up the team and re-hire Isiah as GM and re-hire Dantoni then we can all be happy

Put it this way, then: The insistence that everyone must feel nothing but excitement and not bring up anything remotely critical (or even neutral!) is over the top.

What is there to be critical of when the Knicks beat the best team in the East at full strength with a depleted team?

Nothing; no one that I'm aware of criticized the Knicks' performance in that game.
loweyecue

4/9/2012  10:44 PM
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

You must have missed blobmans posts in this thread. Also, as Crush pointed out, you are the one with "We are Toast" in your sig....Whatis that supposed ot imply?

Don't read what Crush posts had to put him on ignore. Changed my sig to this when Lin and STAT got hurt. Should I have asked for permission first?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
Uptown

4/9/2012  10:45 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I will steal MSG3's quotes from the game thread. Noah and Rose must not be feeling very euphoric with these:

"They can compete," Bulls center Joakim Noah said after the game. "We can't sit here and take that away from them. They're a tougher team than they were before. There's no doubt about that. They play hard every possession. I mean every possession. They're tough. They keep coming. They're showing a lot of heart. And they've got someone to give the ball to when it counts in Melo. I've got to give him credit.

"Actually, they can brag a little bit," said Rose, shockingly. "[The Knicks] know where to get the ball to now. Guys aren't taking many silly shots. Melo's at least touching the ball when they come down the court now. They're running the offense through him and he's making plays. He's hitting tough shots, great shots, making the game easy, and he's getting to the line.

"I've got to take my hat off to Coach Woodson. He's doing a great job of making sure everyone's playing hard and playing team basketball. You've got to give them credit. They're playing hard throughout the whole game. They're a great defensive team now. Especially when they get you playing out of control. But it still comes down to Melo."

Good Stuff. Even Rose and Noah are seeing that we are a much better team now. And we are not even at full strength at the moment. Love how Rose points out how we're a "Great defensive team now" and we are "not taking silly shots on offense." Hubie Brown even called for Melo to touch the ball in post more often....

gunsnewing
USA
4/9/2012  10:47 PM
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Stubborness and refusal to admit that one is wrong and change ones opinion because of a rush to judgement. Therefore leading to a refusal to fully enjoy the 11-3 record. Forget about beating Chicago yesterday. How about indy twice, orlando twice & milwaukee

Uptown

4/9/2012  10:50 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Don't read what Crush posts had to put him on ignore. Changed my sig to this when Lin and STAT got hurt. Should I have asked for permission first?

Not permission, I just asked for clarification. But, since you wrote "We Are Toast" after Stat and Lin were injured, I would think you, especially would be very excited with our victory over the best team in the east while we are short handed. On top of that, we are, I believe 5 or 6-2 since Lin and Stat has gone down. That should call for excitment, no?

gunsnewing
USA
4/9/2012  10:53 PM
loweyecue wrote:

If true I apologize but I know for a fact that you've been critical of Woodson since Dantoni resigned. Criticizing his offensive approach when we're been doing nothing but winning and like Earl pointed out scoring 100pts while allowing 88. You must've not been a fan of Jeff Van Gundy back in the day. Because his offensive approach was certainly not Pat Riley's showtime by an stretch of the imagination.

CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2012  10:54 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I'am I mistaken on the date that you condemned Woodson's style and began trashing Melo? I think it was a pretty immediate reaction and I believe you left because you felt your 'fanhood' was being questioned when you were called on it.
loweyecue

gunsnewing wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Stubborness and refusal to admit that one is wrong and change ones opinion because of a rush to judgement. Therefore leading to a refusal to fully enjoy the 11-3 record. Forget about beating Chicago yesterday. How about indy twice, orlando twice & milwaukee

This is funny, care to clarify exactly what I am supposed to be wrong about?

ChuckBuck
USA
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Not permission, I just asked for clarification. But, since you wrote "We Are Toast" after Stat and Lin were injured, I would think you, especially would be very excited with our victory over the best team in the east while we are short handed. On top of that, we are, I believe 5 or 6-2 since Lin and Stat has gone down. That should call for excitment, no?

It's not enough, we should've been undefeated at this point in this season, ranked #1 in pace, scoring 110 pts/game, playing "beautiful basketball".

CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2012  10:55 PM
loweyecue wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

This is funny, care to clarify exactly what I am supposed to be wrong about?

I could write a thesis but you said that you had me on ignore.
loweyecue

4/9/2012  11:00 PM
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Ok so now I need you tell me how excited I should feel? I asked a question about Woody's offense because i perceived a shortcoming and wanted to discuss it. Instead there are 14 different idiots who took an innocent subject line over analyzed it to death created their own ****ing alternate reality and proceeded to pat each other on the back for weeding out a fake Knicks fan. And I need to justify what to you?

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/9/2012  11:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I will steal MSG3's quotes from the game thread. Noah and Rose must not be feeling very euphoric with these:

"They can compete," Bulls center Joakim Noah said after the game. "We can't sit here and take that away from them. They're a tougher team than they were before. There's no doubt about that. They play hard every possession. I mean every possession. They're tough. They keep coming. They're showing a lot of heart. And they've got someone to give the ball to when it counts in Melo. I've got to give him credit.

"Actually, they can brag a little bit," said Rose, shockingly. "[The Knicks] know where to get the ball to now. Guys aren't taking many silly shots. Melo's at least touching the ball when they come down the court now. They're running the offense through him and he's making plays. He's hitting tough shots, great shots, making the game easy, and he's getting to the line.

"I've got to take my hat off to Coach Woodson. He's doing a great job of making sure everyone's playing hard and playing team basketball. You've got to give them credit. They're playing hard throughout the whole game. They're a great defensive team now. Especially when they get you playing out of control. But it still comes down to Melo."

man, what has rose ever done? what does he know? pfffffffft.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2012  11:10 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Ok so now I need you tell me how excited I should feel? I asked a question about Woody's offense because i perceived a shortcoming and wanted to discuss it. Instead there are 14 different idiots who took an innocent subject line over analyzed it to death created their own ****ing alternate reality and proceeded to pat each other on the back for weeding out a fake Knicks fan. And I need to justify what to you?

I think the concern is that the guy you are criticizing is 11-3 and has the Knicks in the 7th seed insteasd of giving up a lottery pick and not being in the playoffs. Since he took over you have been critical of him and Melo. However, the previous guy was 18-24 and had buried the Knicks despite the 7 game Linsanity run.
This euphoria is a little over the top

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy