Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2013  9:49 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
loweyecue wrote:Thanks for bringing this up - whoever goes looking for this stuff I guess. I just re- read my original post and I think it played out exactly. We weren't good enough to beat the Bulls (if both teams were fully healthy) or the Celtics or Heat.

As for the masses that celebrate mediocrity - hope it was worth it. Because you'll never win a championship with Woody and MElo so go get your 52 win T-shirts and wear it with pride!!

You posted this after the Knicks went on an 11-3 run under Woodson after starting 18-24 under the other guy. It was a euphoric time and a time when the Knicks went from being losers to winners. Only one team wins a championship and only one team makes it from the East. Knicks won 54 games and the Atlantic. Its been more then a decade since fans could have hope and enjoy the mediocrity of being second in the east, winning the Atlantic and making it into the second round of the playoffs.

The 3 year peak of this expensive group of mostly 10 to 20 year veterans was a 6-6 post-season. Lowey has every right to be critical. If you're proud of that, you shouldn't object to getting a 54 (or 52) win t shirt.
Who peaked from the expensive group?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/12/2013  9:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
loweyecue wrote:Thanks for bringing this up - whoever goes looking for this stuff I guess. I just re- read my original post and I think it played out exactly. We weren't good enough to beat the Bulls (if both teams were fully healthy) or the Celtics or Heat.

As for the masses that celebrate mediocrity - hope it was worth it. Because you'll never win a championship with Woody and MElo so go get your 52 win T-shirts and wear it with pride!!

You posted this after the Knicks went on an 11-3 run under Woodson after starting 18-24 under the other guy. It was a euphoric time and a time when the Knicks went from being losers to winners. Only one team wins a championship and only one team makes it from the East. Knicks won 54 games and the Atlantic. Its been more then a decade since fans could have hope and enjoy the mediocrity of being second in the east, winning the Atlantic and making it into the second round of the playoffs.

The 3 year peak of this expensive group of mostly 10 to 20 year veterans was a 6-6 post-season. Lowey has every right to be critical. If you're proud of that, you shouldn't object to getting a 54 (or 52) win t shirt.
Who peaked from the expensive group?

The peak over the past 3 years is the 6-6 post-season since the first two were 0-4 and 1-4.
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

6/12/2013  10:14 PM

THE ROAD TO MEDIOCRITY

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2013  8:40 AM
1st place in the atlantic, 54 wins:
It all depends on how you look at it. Its the core of eternal triangle struggle between the Haters, Sombers and Homers. In a word its "expectations".
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/13/2013  9:43 AM
If 54 Wins is mediocre, I can't wait to see what truly euphoric is (73 wins?)!

That's it! We beat the 96 Bulls record with 73 wins and reel off 34 wins in a row, then sweep the playoffs 18-0...

Nah, someone here will still find fault in that. 9 losses! Couldn't go 82-0! SMDH, damn 9 loss losers...

Mediocre bastards!

Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  10:17 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:If 54 Wins is mediocre, I can't wait to see what truly euphoric is (73 wins?)!

That's it! We beat the 96 Bulls record with 73 wins and reel off 34 wins in a row, then sweep the playoffs 18-0...

Nah, someone here will still find fault in that. 9 losses! Couldn't go 82-0! SMDH, damn 9 loss losers...

Mediocre bastards!

Unless you're new to the game, you should know by now that people give more weight to the post-season than the regular season. No one said 54 wins was mediocre - they may have implied that it's irrelevant if it's followed by a 6-6 post-season though.
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
6/13/2013  10:25 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:If 54 Wins is mediocre, I can't wait to see what truly euphoric is (73 wins?)!

Mediocre bastards!

Unless you're new to the game, you should know by now that people give more weight to the post-season than the regular season. No one said 54 wins was mediocre - they may have implied that it's irrelevant if it's followed by a 6-6 post-season though.

but getting to the 2nd round and losing to Indian...a team that I came to recognize as superior to New York IS nothing to be ashamed of either. Sometimes the better man or team does win.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
ChuckBuck
USA
6/13/2013  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/13/2013  10:29 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

You speak as if we've been to the postseason frequently lol. Like we're some sort of Spurs organization that is expected to compete for the ring.

This is new territory for the Knicks. We got swept 2 years ago, won 1 game last season, and won a round this year.

Of course, it would've been nice to get to the ECF, but it's been 13-14 years since we've been in this position.

Ehh phuck it, no need to explain our awful history. We're mediocre!

Uptown
Member: #1883

6/13/2013  10:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

If its all about post-season and championships then there's about 25 teams along with the Knicks in a traffic jam on the same mediocre road because none of them have a shot to win it all or even advance to the finals...

ChuckBuck
USA
6/13/2013  10:30 AM
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

If its all about post-season and championships then there's about 25 teams along with the Knicks in a traffic jam on the same mediocre road because none of them have a shot to win it all or even advance to the finals...

Nevermind Uptown, if we're not competing for rings on an annual basis, we're mediocre!

Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  10:41 AM
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

Right but many of them are rebuilding rather than being teams with mostly 10 to 20 year veterans.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/13/2013  10:41 AM
Sombers need change!:

29 wins and no playoffs! We're not happy!
IT and Starmoobles and the truck! We're not happy!
No rings in 40 years! We're not happy!
Nate shooting at the wrong basket! We're not happy!
Al Harrington slapping backboards! We're not happy!

3 years of rebuilding and cap spacing and marginal draft picks! Wait!!! We WERE happy!

Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  10:42 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

but getting to the 2nd round and losing to Indian...a team that I came to recognize as superior to New York IS nothing to be ashamed of either. Sometimes the better man or team does win.

Unless Miami makes a comeback, I guess we can say we lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the champions
Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  10:43 AM
jrodmc wrote:Sombers need change!:

3 years of rebuilding and cap spacing and marginal draft picks! Wait!!! We WERE happy!

Now, you're just making stuff up. Many here have not been happy with what Dolan's done over the past 10 years - including both the failed starphucking and the brief failed rebuilding with draft picks.
DurzoBlint
Member: #1152
USA
6/13/2013  10:44 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

Unless Miami makes a comeback, I guess we can say we lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the champions

Did you read the Magic Johnson article about the state of the KNicks. Was pretty spot on imo.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  10:48 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

Did you read the Magic Johnson article about the state of the KNicks. Was pretty spot on imo.

Is that this here? http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-04-11/sports/sfl-hyde5-is-magic-right-saying-knicks-legit-vs-heat-20130411_1_knicks-heat-lebron-james
The Heat are better than the Knicks but they're still not very impressive to me. Wade is aging badly. I think a few western conference teams will surpass them.
ChuckBuck
USA
6/13/2013  10:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

Is that this here? http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-04-11/sports/sfl-hyde5-is-magic-right-saying-knicks-legit-vs-heat-20130411_1_knicks-heat-lebron-james
The Heat are better than the Knicks but they're still not very impressive to me. Wade is aging badly. I think a few western conference teams will surpass them.

Not that article.

This one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/45690/magic-heat-pacers-and-bulls-knicks

Basically saying the Knicks are the 4th best team in the East.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/13/2013  11:06 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Now, you're just making stuff up. Many here have not been happy with what Dolan's done over the past 10 years - including both the failed starphucking and the brief failed rebuilding with draft picks.

I'm making stuff up? Who's talking about the past 10 years? I said 3 years; smaller sample size, I know, but I thought the consensus Somber Happyrite UK view was that Walsh was actually sort of in charge up until the Melo trade debacle/breakdown/collapse/trainwreck/fiasco?

Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  11:12 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I'm making stuff up? Who's talking about the past 10 years? I said 3 years; smaller sample size, I know, but I thought the consensus Somber Happyrite UK view was that Walsh was actually sort of in charge up until the Melo trade debacle/breakdown/collapse/trainwreck/fiasco?

You mentioned 29 wins, IT, Marbury, Nate, and Al Harrington. You really don't understand why I thought you were talking about the past 10 years?
Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2013  11:12 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Mediocre bastards!

Not that article.

This one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/45690/magic-heat-pacers-and-bulls-knicks

Basically saying the Knicks are the 4th best team in the East.

Eh there's nothing original or surprising in the article.

This euphoria is a little over the top

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy