Starting Lineup - Douglas, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler
Author Thread
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
12/11/2011  6:01 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:^^^^^^^Wow. Our pg situation is that desperate that we use words like "amazing" to describe Toney Douglas? Didn't think we had sunk that low. Douglas is a career backup. No more, no less.

Bro, how old are you? And are you a lawyer? You sure know how to take words out of context.
Now I'm going to call you amazing. Being able to state with certainty that a guy in the league for two years, who has already started and will continue to start to be a career backup. You are starting off on the wrong foot...

Save the corny remarks. He's a backup. Case closed.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/11/2011  8:16 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:As long as our current PG situation stands, there will be constant concern throughout the season. I am comfortable with the lineup for now though to see how it works. I am also comfortable with the fact that so many PGs will be available next summer. I see us going through some ups and downs this season as far as chemistry, but ultimately prove to be close to being a contender. An upgrade at the PG position and another quality forward off the bench is what we are missing. We can address both of those next summer or earlier. The combination of Nash and Hill may want to finally come to NY for one last go at it. I also like the fact that all of Melo, Stoudemire, and Chandler are signed for 4 years. Gives us a legit window to build around them and not add salary beyond that point. This team is in a great place right now and i'm very excited.

count Jason Kidd as another PG who will be available next year.

Nash, Kidd, Felton, Miller, Augustine, Session, etc. The list is very impressive.

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
12/11/2011  8:23 PM
Kidd is going to retire at the end of the season.
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
Erniecat
Member: #851
12/11/2011  11:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:As long as our current PG situation stands, there will be constant concern throughout the season. I am comfortable with the lineup for now though to see how it works. I am also comfortable with the fact that so many PGs will be available next summer. I see us going through some ups and downs this season as far as chemistry, but ultimately prove to be close to being a contender. An upgrade at the PG position and another quality forward off the bench is what we are missing. We can address both of those next summer or earlier. The combination of Nash and Hill may want to finally come to NY for one last go at it. I also like the fact that all of Melo, Stoudemire, and Chandler are signed for 4 years. Gives us a legit window to build around them and not add salary beyond that point. This team is in a great place right now and i'm very excited.

Totally agreed. The Chandler signing was a huge and necessary step toward the ultimate goal. Now we still need to fill a couple of needs, and we will, but like you say, perhaps not till next offseason, when we should be able to attract one or two key players to round out a truly championship-caliber rotation. In the meantime, this team is still among the league's best (not as good as the top teams, but right below), and by playing together for a season and adding a couple of pieces next summer, it should be truly great by this time next year.

So the overall situation is great in my mind.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/11/2011  11:43 PM
Erniecat wrote:

Totally agreed. The Chandler signing was a huge and necessary step toward the ultimate goal. Now we still need to fill a couple of needs, and we will, but like you say, perhaps not till next offseason, when we should be able to attract one or two key players to round out a truly championship-caliber rotation. In the meantime, this team is still among the league's best (not as good as the top teams, but right below), and by playing together for a season and adding a couple of pieces next summer, it should be truly great by this time next year.

So the overall situation is great in my mind.

agreed... this was going to take two offseasons to get it right anyway. This season's team is better than the alternative though

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/11/2011  11:59 PM
technomaster wrote:So who runs the 2nd unit when Carmelo isn't in the game... who's the guy that gets the Knicks easy scoring opportunities when then big guns sit?

For those 10 minutes we'll have to run it through Stat. Fields and Bibbly/TD can spot up or drive(TD). If we resign Shawne Williams he was pretty good for us on O last year too.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2011  12:47 AM
Watch out for Iman. The kid is going to be part of this rotation. He's got the kind of talent to be a scorer in this offense. He can get in the lane and finish and he'll be strong on the break. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game I think he'll be just fine. He has the handle and speed to get wherever he wants to be on the court and that's a key skill.
SupremeCommander

12/12/2011  12:51 AM
nixluva wrote:Watch out for Iman. The kid is going to be part of this rotation. He's got the kind of talent to be a scorer in this offense. He can get in the lane and finish and he'll be strong on the break. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game I think he'll be just fine. He has the handle and speed to get wherever he wants to be on the court and that's a key skill.

I wonder what percentage of your posts contain Shumpert manlove

BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/12/2011  1:56 AM
nixluva wrote:Watch out for Iman. The kid is going to be part of this rotation. He's got the kind of talent to be a scorer in this offense. He can get in the lane and finish and he'll be strong on the break. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game I think he'll be just fine. He has the handle and speed to get wherever he wants to be on the court and that's a key skill.

agreed i am really excited about him. who is the 6th man on this squad? i have a feeling d'antoni will start the year with jeffries off the bench.

will be interesting to see how the minutes go.

#Knickstaps
RonRon
Member: #246
12/12/2011  2:11 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I have big hopes in Iman Shumpert as well. While I realize he didn't play the game yet, its hard to not realize the ceiling this kid has.
To know that he has a nice chip on hit shoulder...
To know the size, athleticism, strength, and explosiveness together....
To know he has been work hard on his strengths and weakness, such good character
To know, he prides himself on DEFENSE and has the ability to be a LOCK DOWN, a crucial position that can be filled, and needed....

Erniecat
Member: #851
12/12/2011  5:47 AM
BigSm00th wrote:

agreed i am really excited about him. who is the 6th man on this squad? i have a feeling d'antoni will start the year with jeffries off the bench.

will be interesting to see how the minutes go.

Jeffries could very well end up being first off the bench, since Amare and Tyson will both need plenty of rest.

SupremeCommander

12/12/2011  5:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2011  5:54 AM
RonRon wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I have big hopes in Iman Shumpert as well. While I realize he didn't play the game yet, its hard to not realize the ceiling this kid has.
To know that he has a nice chip on hit shoulder...
To know the size, athleticism, strength, and explosiveness together....
To know he has been work hard on his strengths and weakness, such good character
To know, he prides himself on DEFENSE and has the ability to be a LOCK DOWN, a crucial position that can be filled, and needed....

I think we all have high hopes for Shumpert. But it is tiring to read what is coming when he walketh on the court and He will doeth with the certainty and conviction of The Prophet Isaiah.

RonRon
Member: #246
12/12/2011  7:59 AM
do we have a Bi Annual exemption? Did we use it last year for Mogov's contract?
I dont seem to hear anyone talk about this this year.
And I can't think of a signing besides Mosgov?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2011  8:07 AM
Ty is an NBA champion and olympian. He has cred. Pray for his health. All of them.

Nalod don't drop this on a regular basis but we are a contender this year.

Don't worry about this team and TD for 30 games. TD is getting a chance. If Baron frees up, its his job. If TD can't do it, Bibby can. We are not a favorite to win, just a contender. Bibby won't lead us to the promise land. Maybe after 50 games Shump will be able to handle the job.

Its going to be a process. Players will become available and the future is uncertain.

For now, TD might in fact have the longest tenure on the team and has worked hard to deserve a chance.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/12/2011  10:10 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Simple formula:
100% - (% posts containing D'Antoni manlove)

Starting Lineup - Douglas, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy