[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IMAN SHUMPERT Welcome Mix.....
Author Thread
Pavvy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2992

6/25/2011  8:12 PM
hey guys heres Another intense teaser i just made welcoming our new players Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrelson from NBA Draft 2011 but also saying our farewell to our well respected Donnie Walsh that has turned this team and culture around back to winning these past 3 years.

enjoy:

AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/25/2011  8:47 PM
Pavvy wrote:hey guys heres Another intense teaser i just made welcoming our new players Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrelson from NBA Draft 2011 but also saying our farewell to our well respected Donnie Walsh that has turned this team and culture around back to winning these past 3 years.

enjoy:

I work in production and also edit. I really loved this video. Great job!

Knicks_Fan
Pavvy

6/25/2011  8:53 PM
I work in production and also edit. I really loved this video. Great job!

thanks dude- this was actually my first mix made with the new final cut pro X!!! damn it somewhat revolutionized post production a bit but it was unnecessary as it drives u crazy while adjusting!!!

Knicksfan
USA
6/25/2011  8:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2011  8:59 PM
Pavvy wrote:thanks dude- this was actually my first mix made with the new final cut pro X!!! damn it somewhat revolutionized post production a bit but it was unnecessary as it drives u crazy while adjusting!!!

Glad you mention FCPX

Im a HUGE FCP fan and it is basically my platform to edit videos but all the negative reviews on the new FCPX really scare me and throw me away from trying it. Im used to the settings and interface of the old FCP yet this new one seems to be iMovie-like, and thats not really what is causing all the bad mouth. Incompatibility with old FCP7, lack of many advanced features... Is it really worth the transition?

I know you are adjusting, but I really haven't tried the new version.

Knicks_Fan
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
6/25/2011  9:08 PM
Great video!
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/25/2011  10:05 PM
Good shznit Pavvy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/25/2011  11:52 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Pavvy wrote:thanks dude- this was actually my first mix made with the new final cut pro X!!! damn it somewhat revolutionized post production a bit but it was unnecessary as it drives u crazy while adjusting!!!

Glad you mention FCPX

Im a HUGE FCP fan and it is basically my platform to edit videos but all the negative reviews on the new FCPX really scare me and throw me away from trying it. Im used to the settings and interface of the old FCP yet this new one seems to be iMovie-like, and thats not really what is causing all the bad mouth. Incompatibility with old FCP7, lack of many advanced features... Is it really worth the transition?

I know you are adjusting, but I really haven't tried the new version.

FCPX is so cheap and really it's a new platform so there will be some issues in the very beginning, but don't be scared. Get it and work with it on the side so you can at least get used to the program. That's what we're gonna do. I've been with Apple since the beginning and I trust their vision. This is gonna be a great new direction for the future. People are so impatient and unwilling to accept change even when it's ultimately for the better. In Time people won't be thinking about the old FCP.

Pavvy

6/26/2011  7:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

FCPX is so cheap and really it's a new platform so there will be some issues in the very beginning, but don't be scared. Get it and work with it on the side so you can at least get used to the program. That's what we're gonna do. I've been with Apple since the beginning and I trust their vision. This is gonna be a great new direction for the future. People are so impatient and unwilling to accept change even when it's ultimately for the better. In Time people won't be thinking about the old FCP.

im gonna agree with nixluva--- - - if youre a serious editor then you just have to keep urself updated.....u dont need to know fcp7 to know X cause its like a new software complete!!
as an editor myself i just sat yesterday working on the mix and learning on the fly- some stuff are annoying but as i kept working and learning it got easier and it really is a whole lot faster and easier----it should make our lives easier!! although u do need 4gb ram - - i have 8!!

and plus it may look like imovie but its nothing like it

nixluva
USA
6/26/2011  8:07 AM
Pavvy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

im gonna agree with nixluva--- - - if youre a serious editor then you just have to keep urself updated.....u dont need to know fcp7 to know X cause its like a new software complete!!
as an editor myself i just sat yesterday working on the mix and learning on the fly- some stuff are annoying but as i kept working and learning it got easier and it really is a whole lot faster and easier----it should make our lives easier!! although u do need 4gb ram - - i have 8!!

People make fun of iMovie but it's a good quick and dirty editor and I use it for stuff that needs to just get done real quick and doesn't need a deep treatment. Besides FCPX is just another tool and I believe in using each program for the special things it has. In audio I use Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Reason... I mean every program is similar, but has a unique function that is a useful tool. I believe in knowing all programs and not just sticking to one.
Knicksfan
USA
6/26/2011  8:53 AM
nixluva wrote:
Pavvy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

People make fun of iMovie but it's a good quick and dirty editor and I use it for stuff that needs to just get done real quick and doesn't need a deep treatment. Besides FCPX is just another tool and I believe in using each program for the special things it has. In audio I use Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Reason... I mean every program is similar, but has a unique function that is a useful tool. I believe in knowing all programs and not just sticking to one.

iMovie has saved me a few times, especially converting and reading a few formats FCP7 somehow couldn't. You guys are right and Im sure that with time, people will adapt to it. The price is also perfect

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
6/26/2011  8:54 AM
nixluva wrote:
Pavvy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Do you work mainly on video as a whole or specialize in audio? Just curious

Knicks_Fan
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/26/2011  2:19 PM
Great vid. Looks very professional.
Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
6/26/2011  6:53 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Pavvy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Do you work mainly on video as a whole or specialize in audio? Just curious

I started in Audio and now we've been doing video and I love it. We're doing production down here on small Music Videos and TV Shows, Commercials. We aren't very good yet, but we're one of the few capable outfits in the area. We're getting better all the time tho and we're committed.

Pavvy

6/28/2011  3:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2011  3:40 AM
iMovie has saved me a few times, especially converting and reading a few formats FCP7 somehow couldn't. You guys are right and Im sure that with time, people will adapt to it. The price is also perfect

this is to nixluva as well.......heres the complaint written and signed by more than 600 professional editors and filmmakers:

http://fortunebrainstormtech.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/screen-shot-2011-06-27-at-2-00-42-pm1.png

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/28/2011  10:51 AM
Another nice job, Pav.
Pavvy

6/29/2011  10:25 AM
Moonangie wrote:Another nice job, Pav.

thanks---- hopefully ill be making more coming sooooon

IMAN SHUMPERT Welcome Mix.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy