[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/7/2012  11:53 PM
Markji wrote:
VDesai wrote:I just think that without the background of having read the book, would anyone really understand the Halfhand made a sacrifice there and was planning with Jon? Or do you watch what happened there and do you think Jon is a youthful idiot who just killed an old man?

You are right about Stannis too- its hard to get his motivations the way he has been characterized.

It was a little confusing. The entire series is much easier to follow if one has read the books. With Quorin, he mentioned to Jon earlier, maybe episode 8, that it would be very beneficial if Jon were able to win the trust of the wildlings. Jon said he didn't think it possible as they would see thru it. While in the book Quorin tells Jon to kill him to win the trust of the wildlings, it wasn't so clear in the HBO series. Still people love the series without knowing all of the sub-plots and intricacies from the books.

They also changed and cut the House of the Undying intricacies. The visions and prophesies from the book weren't there. Instead, we see Dany first in the Iron Throne hall in King's Landing with snow falling everywhere. Looks like Winter has come. Next she is at the Wall and passing thru the gate. Lastly she is with Kal Drogo and her son. I am guessing that these are the prophesies Dany will encounter later in the series. Do you think people picked up on this? or maybe I'm wrong?

Isn't there a Ice Dragon Prophecy or something like that in the books?

AUTOADVERT
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/18/2012  9:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Markji wrote:
VDesai wrote:I just think that without the background of having read the book, would anyone really understand the Halfhand made a sacrifice there and was planning with Jon? Or do you watch what happened there and do you think Jon is a youthful idiot who just killed an old man?

You are right about Stannis too- its hard to get his motivations the way he has been characterized.

It was a little confusing. The entire series is much easier to follow if one has read the books. With Quorin, he mentioned to Jon earlier, maybe episode 8, that it would be very beneficial if Jon were able to win the trust of the wildlings. Jon said he didn't think it possible as they would see thru it. While in the book Quorin tells Jon to kill him to win the trust of the wildlings, it wasn't so clear in the HBO series. Still people love the series without knowing all of the sub-plots and intricacies from the books.

They also changed and cut the House of the Undying intricacies. The visions and prophesies from the book weren't there. Instead, we see Dany first in the Iron Throne hall in King's Landing with snow falling everywhere. Looks like Winter has come. Next she is at the Wall and passing thru the gate. Lastly she is with Kal Drogo and her son. I am guessing that these are the prophesies Dany will encounter later in the series. Do you think people picked up on this? or maybe I'm wrong?

Isn't there a Ice Dragon Prophecy or something like that in the books?

Ice dragon? - Could be. Maybe it's on the Westeros forem. Need to check.

Episode 10 - One thing possibly cleared up from discussions on the books. Many people feel that Syrio could have actually been a faceless man and he became Jaquen Hagar. In episode 10 when Arya tells Jacquen that her dancing master was also from Bravos, Jacquen replies that "to be a dancing master is a special thing. But to be a faceless man is something else entirely." So this seems to indicate that they are 2 different people. But maybe Jaquen is purposely misleading her??

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
USA
6/18/2012  9:47 PM
Ice Dragons There are a few references in A Dance with Dragons. I'll post it in the other thread so as not to give spoilers.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/20/2012  12:07 PM
Game of Thrones Political Ads...pretty clever!

Markji
USA
6/20/2012  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2012  3:45 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Game of Thrones Political Ads...pretty clever!

Very funny and well done. Some great lines:
-Rob-Illegal alien nanny.
-Joffrey - Twincest!
-Dany - Puts her children in a wooden box and then loses them..
jusnice
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2931
USA
6/21/2012  12:09 PM
Damn...some people have way too much time on their hands...funny tho.
Markji
USA
7/19/2012  2:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2012  2:48 PM
Game of Throne Season 2 nominated for 12 Emmy Awards. Only 2 are the major awards though.
- Best Drama Series
- Peter Dinklage - Best supporting actor in a drama series.

There were a number of actors/actresses who did a fantastic job - I think a few should have at least received a nomination but did not:
-Lena Headey - Cersei Lannister
-Maise Williams - Arya Stark
-Jack Gleason - Joffrey Lannister

All of the award nominations:

-Game of Thrones - Best Drama Series
-Peter Dinklage - Tyrion Lannister - Best Supporting Actor nomination.
-Gemma Jackson - Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.
-Nina Gold and Robert Sterne once again earn a nomination for Outstanding Casting in a Drama Series.
-Michele Clapton, Alexander Fordham, and Clohe Aubry -Oustanding Costume Design for the episode “The Prince of Winterfell.
-Kevin Alexander and team - Outstanding Hairstyling.
-Paul Engelen and team - Outstanding Makeup.
-Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup - for the episode “Valar Morghulis”.
-Outstanding Sound Editing for “Blackwater, - Peter Brown and team.
-Outstanding Sound Mixing, for "Blackwater" episode.
-Pixomondo- best special effects for the episode “Valar Morghulis”.
-Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media for the Season 2 Enhanced Digital Experience.

I loved the show. I hope they win a lot of these awards.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/19/2012  3:14 PM
Markji wrote:Game of Throne Season 2 nominated for 12 Emmy Awards. Only 2 are the major awards though.
- Best Drama Series

There were a number of actors/actresses who did a fantastic job - I think a few should have at least received a nomination but did not:

-Nina Gold and Robert Sterne once again earn a nomination for Outstanding Casting in a Drama Series.
-Michele Clapton, Alexander Fordham, and Clohe Aubry -Oustanding Costume Design for the episode “The Prince of Winterfell.
-Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media for the Season 2 Enhanced Digital Experience.

Could make the case that the 'Dinkman' should have been nominated for best actor in drama series after this season. Oh well, I think Thrones did aight considering that it had to compete with the juggernaut know as "American Horror Story."
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
USA
7/19/2012  9:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:Game of Throne Season 2 nominated for 12 Emmy Awards. Only 2 are the major awards though.
- Best Drama Series

Could make the case that the 'Dinkman' should have been nominated for best actor in drama series after this season. Oh well, I think Thrones did aight considering that it had to compete with the juggernaut know as "American Horror Story."

Agree. Dinklage can be considered the lead male character in the series now.

For this year he should win a second emmy for supporting actor. He was terrific.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/19/2012  11:18 PM

Tyrion is the boss!

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/21/2012  11:13 AM
Dinklage without a doubt should've been considered for a leading role nomination in the 2nd season. In the "Clash of Kings," Tyrion is really the central character. Dinklage has been just perfect in the role- even better than you'd really think it could be played.

I agree some of the other actors got the shaft though. Jack Gleason is one of the best villains on TV!

Markji
USA
9/18/2012  7:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2012  7:57 PM
Good article/interview with George RR Martin. A lot of info on the upcoming Season 3. Also, very interesting about how he thinks , his philosophies, and what he projects into his writing. He is very different from other authors which is what makes the series so interesting.

'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Characters And Scoop From Creator George R.R. Martin

Article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/game-of-thrones-season-3-characters_n_1854918.html#slide=more208655

Audio of interview - scroll down to 4 Sept.
http://talkingtvwithryanandryan.libsyn.com/

One interesting tidbit for all of us "old-timers", GRRM also talked about the casting of Diana Rigg as the cantankerous Queen of Thorns in Season 3. This puts her as the female version of Walder Frey.

FYI: Diana Rigg played Mrs Emma Peel in the TV series, The Avengers, in the mid-1960's. I don't know any guy back then who didn't have a wild crush on her, myself included. She was hot, when they didn't allow hot women on the family oriented TV. IMDB bio on Diana Rigg - "Was recently voted the sexiest-ever TV star by TV Guide in the USA."

Unfortunately, this was 45 yrs ago. It'll be interesting to see what she will look like now.

BigDaddyG

9/20/2012  5:59 AM
Markji wrote:Good article/interview with George RR Martin. A lot of info on the upcoming Season 3. Also, very interesting about how he thinks , his philosophies, and what he projects into his writing. He is very different from other authors which is what makes the series so interesting.

Article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/game-of-thrones-season-3-characters_n_1854918.html#slide=more208655

One interesting tidbit for all of us "old-timers", GRRM also talked about the casting of Diana Rigg as the cantankerous Queen of Thorns in Season 3. This puts her as the female version of Walder Frey.

FYI: Diana Rigg played Mrs Emma Peel in the TV series, The Avengers, in the mid-1960's. I don't know any guy back then who didn't have a wild crush on her, myself included. She was hot, when they didn't allow hot women on the family oriented TV. IMDB bio on Diana Rigg - "Was recently voted the sexiest-ever TV star by TV Guide in the USA."

Unfortunately, this was 45 yrs ago. It'll be interesting to see what she will look like now.

Cool. I though they were going to cut the Queen of Thorns out and expand Margaery Tyrell's role. LF, Margaery and the QOT...good times are coming.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
USA
9/23/2012  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2012  8:42 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:Good article/interview with George RR Martin. A lot of info on the upcoming Season 3. Also, very interesting about how he thinks , his philosophies, and what he projects into his writing. He is very different from other authors which is what makes the series so interesting.

Cool. I though they were going to cut the Queen of Thorns out and expand Margaery Tyrell's role. LF, Margaery and the QOT...good times are coming.

QOT - She'll add some spice to the scenes. Should be fun.

For non-readers of the books: The Queen of Thorns' actual name/title is Lady Olenna Redwyne Tyrell, Paternal Grandmother to Ser Loras and Margaery Tyrell.

Dame Diana Rigg - present day at 73.

Article on casting Diana Rigg.
http://hbowatch.com/diana-rigg-cast-as-the-queen-of-thorns-for-game-of-thrones-season-three/

Markji
USA
9/23/2012  8:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2012  9:02 AM
The Emmy Awards - tonight - Sunday

Game of Thrones is nominated for only 2 Primetime Emmy's:

-Best Drama Series - very small chance of winning IMO.
-Best Supporting Actor Drama Series- Peter Dinklage - He should run away with this. He was fabulous and the competition isn't really on the same level.

The competition:
Drama Series: "Boardwalk Empire," HBO; "Breaking Bad," AMC; "Downton Abbey," PBS; "Game of Thrones," HBO; "Homeland," Showtime; "Mad Men," AMC.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Aaron Paul, "Breaking Bad," AMC; Giancarlo Esposito, "Breaking Bad," AMC; Brendan Coyle, "Downton Abbey," PBS; Jim Carter, "Downton Abbey," PBS; Peter Dinklage, "Game of Thrones," HBO; Jared Harris, "Mad Men," AMC

Last week, Game of Thrones won 6 Emmy awards in the creative arts.

Fantasy series Game Of Thrones has dominated the Creative Emmy Awards, which recognise arts, craft and technical work on television shows.

"Game of Thrones" took home the most awards at this year's Creative Arts Emmys in Los Angeles with six wins.

The fantasy drama's awards included art direction, costumes, sound editing, sound mixing, special visual effects and single camera, non-prosthetic makeup at the Saturday ceremony held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, the Emmys said in a release.

Markji
USA
1/18/2013  2:34 PM
Actors playing characters that will be introduced in Season 3. Jojen and Meera Reed will be in it for those who were questioning.
Looking forward to March 31 when episode 1 shows.

Markji
USA
2/26/2013  7:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2013  5:14 PM
Re-posted this trailer from "Spoiler" thread so those who are watching the HBO Show without having read the books can enjoy it.

13 million views in just 4 days. Wow. Popular show.

Update: 20 million views for just a trailer as of 3/18

Markji
USA
3/18/2013  5:17 PM
Trailer #2 -
Watching the Knicks is painful these days. Cut Sheed and bring in Dany and her dragons. I like her attitude - "I shall show you no mercy".

Markji
USA
3/23/2013  4:17 PM
I hate to be the only one posting on this thread, but we now have Melo doing a promo spot for Game of Thrones. For the Knicks, the throne is the Championship. They have to overthrow King James.

BigDaddyG

3/23/2013  8:45 PM
Markji wrote:I hate to be the only one posting on this thread, but we now have Melo doing a promo spot for Game of Thrones. For the Knicks, the throne is the Championship. They have to overthrow King James.

Just one more week....
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy