[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/24/2014  4:55 PM
Yeah, but her plan to foil Tywin made no sense from a motivation perspective. If she went public with Jamie, that would mean Cersei would give up the one thing she wants most which is power. Its Jamie who keeps offering that plan to her, and she keeps rejecting it.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2014  5:58 PM
VDesai wrote:Yeah, but her plan to foil Tywin made no sense from a motivation perspective. If she went public with Jamie, that would mean Cersei would give up the one thing she wants most which is power. Its Jamie who keeps offering that plan to her, and she keeps rejecting it.

Not only would she risk losing power, but she'd risk her life. Cersie is insane. She is the type who would rather burn than be saved. Margaery and Tommen weren't married yet and there's at least one Targareyn heir out there with dragons. Not to mention that the Lannister gold mines are dry. There would be a revolt if the truth came out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/24/2014  11:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VDesai wrote:Yeah, but her plan to foil Tywin made no sense from a motivation perspective. If she went public with Jamie, that would mean Cersei would give up the one thing she wants most which is power. Its Jamie who keeps offering that plan to her, and she keeps rejecting it.

Not only would she risk losing power, but she'd risk her life. Cersie is insane. She is the type who would rather burn than be saved. Margaery and Tommen weren't married yet and there's at least one Targareyn heir out there with dragons. Not to mention that the Lannister gold mines are dry. There would be a revolt if the truth came out.

I also don't like that revelation that the Lannisters do not have any gold. I like it that Tywin is just smart with his money and expects to be paid back.

I also think Cersei's plot didn't make sense but that's why it makes her look so crazy. I love my kids so much that I want get married. I would rather see them die instead. Yeah right, "Tywin with Teats", wants to rule and never ever wants to be an embarrassment. I think Twin would and should have seen through this but then again you never know about crazy people.

BigDaddyG

2/3/2015  1:59 PM
Trailer looks good. Looking forward to the Tyrion/Varys buddy comedy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
3/3/2015  4:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2015  4:13 AM
The trailer is enticing. I am getting stoked for Season 5 - coming April 12th.

The show is incredible with its details. Here is a video on the design and making of the new Dornish weapons. Quite intricate. Choose your weapon guys. FOr me, I'll take the sandsnakes.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
USA
3/11/2015  1:14 AM
Season 5 Trailer #2 - This looks absolutely fantastic.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG

3/12/2015  3:42 PM
Markji wrote:Season 5 Trailer #2 - This looks absolutely fantastic.

D&D are moving along at a decent clip. The show has officially become a separate entity from the the books and it's getting harder to predict what happens next.

VDesai
USA
3/30/2015  1:34 PM
you know instead of GRRM sharing the ending with D&D, I would've rather let D&D come up with their own story and let GRRM eventually end it in whatever way he intends, but without that being spoiled. I don't like the idea of one man's art being finished by someone else if that man is still living.
BigDaddyG

3/30/2015  8:40 PM
VDesai wrote:you know instead of GRRM sharing the ending with D&D, I would've rather let D&D come up with their own story and let GRRM eventually end it in whatever way he intends, but without that being spoiled. I don't like the idea of one man's art being finished by someone else if that man is still living.

Yeah, I feel the same way. GRRM has already said that the show and books won't diverge when it comes to major events. I'm bummed out. I wish I had the discipline too tune out the TV show for the next two years.

Markji
USA
4/11/2015  6:58 AM
I'm totally enjoying the TV show. I don't mind if it diverges or gets ahead. The TV show is its own entertainment.

And I love the actors and actresses. Here is a short interview with Carice Van Houten who plays Melisandre. Really nice personality and very open about playing her nude scenes. I like her!

VDesai
USA
4/20/2015  8:43 AM
I thought the first 2 episodes of this season have been some of the worst of the series. From a pacing and excitement perspective they are trying to fit too much in one episode. I feel like the introduction of Doran Martell was very glossed over in this episode - it was very lyrical and very memorable in the novels. They have made several divergences from the book and consolidated several storylines. Which means GRRM is either giving us too much detail in the books and the authors are condensing, the show has been constrained to a shorter run than they envisioned (7 seasons), or the authors are taking quite a few liberties with the storylines.
BigDaddyG

5/31/2015  11:26 PM
VDesai wrote:I thought the first 2 episodes of this season have been some of the worst of the series. From a pacing and excitement perspective they are trying to fit too much in one episode. I feel like the introduction of Doran Martell was very glossed over in this episode - it was very lyrical and very memorable in the novels. They have made several divergences from the book and consolidated several storylines. Which means GRRM is either giving us too much detail in the books and the authors are condensing, the show has been constrained to a shorter run than they envisioned (7 seasons), or the authors are taking quite a few liberties with the storylines.

Holy Fuck! The last part of tonight's episode makes up for the the majority of episode s 6 and 7. That's the type of action I've been waiting to see since season 1.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/1/2015  1:34 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VDesai wrote:I thought the first 2 episodes of this season have been some of the worst of the series. From a pacing and excitement perspective they are trying to fit too much in one episode. I feel like the introduction of Doran Martell was very glossed over in this episode - it was very lyrical and very memorable in the novels. They have made several divergences from the book and consolidated several storylines. Which means GRRM is either giving us too much detail in the books and the authors are condensing, the show has been constrained to a shorter run than they envisioned (7 seasons), or the authors are taking quite a few liberties with the storylines.

Holy Fuck! The last part of tonight's episode makes up for the the majority of episode s 6 and 7. That's the type of action I've been waiting to see since season 1.

Great stuff, but I have to admit that I enjoyed the Tyrion/Daenerys dialogues in the hall and in her chamber even more.

The battle at the end is the type of thing you would only see in larger production movies years ago. Don't know how they fit together the computer generated stuff with the live action, but they did a great job of conveying to the viewer the size of the community and the large numbers involved in the battle.

I don't mind where and how the the plot is progressing. They are diverging from the books, but I can live with that. I only wonder how far they can diverge and what leeway they legally have to change things, given the fact that they book series is still incomplete.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG

6/1/2015  8:17 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Great stuff, but I have to admit that I enjoyed the Tyrion/Daenerys dialogues in the hall and in her chamber even more.

The battle at the end is the type of thing you would only see in larger production movies years ago. Don't know how they fit together the computer generated stuff with the live action, but they did a great job of conveying to the viewer the size of the community and the large numbers involved in the battle.

I don't mind where and how the the plot is progressing. They are diverging from the books, but I can live with that. I only wonder how far they can diverge and what leeway they legally have to change things, given the fact that they book series is still incomplete.

I enjoyed the Tyrion/ Danearys dialogue. W/o getting to spoilery, I'll say scene reminded of the interactions Tyrion has with another character in the book. It's funny, but most people just assumed that Valyrian steel had the ability to kill Others. I didn't think anything of it when John used Mormont's sword to kill white walker general on the battlefield. I don't thing GRRM has any power to challenge the direction the show runners decide to go. The best thing he can do is hurry up and finish the series.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/1/2015  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2015  2:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I enjoyed the Tyrion/ Danearys dialogue. W/o getting to spoilery, I'll say scene reminded of the interactions Tyrion has with another character in the book. It's funny, but most people just assumed that Valyrian steel had the ability to kill Others. I didn't think anything of it when John used Mormont's sword to kill white walker general on the battlefield. I don't thing GRRM has any power to challenge the direction the show runners decide to go. The best thing he can do is hurry up and finish the series.

I don't follow any publishing rumor mills, but I wonder if Martin is self-constrained in any way by the success of the show, where it is going, and if the show has anything to do with not putting out another book at this time. There is a strange dynamic here between the two franchises, especially if the show veers too far from the books. The people involved in the show are probably quite pleased that no new books have been published- should help the dramatic tension and suspense on the show in the future, BUT I would think that at some point there has to be a convergence between show and book.

I suppose there is some parallel with The Walking Dead, where that show has not followed comic series in many ways.

I probably should not be too analytical. The show continues to be fresh and compelling for me, and that's all that matters.

...I had forgotten about the Valyrian steel thing-thought he might have tooled up the sword with some of the obsidian (aka dragonglass).

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG

6/15/2015  10:23 PM
So Jon Snow is dead. That might kill some theories.
Markji
USA
6/16/2015  8:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2015  8:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:So Jon Snow is dead. That might kill some theories.

Maybe. It seems like John is dead but Melisandre is there at the wall. Fan theory says that she will bring Jon back to life. Same situation in the books so everyone is left guessing.

I thought everyone here would be talking about Cercei's "Walk of Shame."

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

6/16/2015  8:28 AM
Man, that Walk of Shame was just brutal. But that's OK, Zombie Mountain has her back!

Haven't read any books though I've picked up some info in researching the show.

Even though they kept overselling the stank eye his paige Olly kept giving him, I didn't expect Jon Snow to get Caesar'd.

So many storylines. I'm guessing next season will be go back and find Bran Stark well into his Old Gods Jedi warg training.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/20/2015  9:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2015  9:13 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/05/19/claire-mccaskill-is-done-with-game-of-thrones-after-sundays-rape-scene-shes-got-a-point/

To what extent are these people full of **** on a show that has seen all manner of violence perpetuated against men? After all, a man did have his penis cut off (Theon), another had his eyes gouged out and his head crushed by another (Obrean) and the scores of other men that have been impaled over the course of 5 seasons?

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

6/21/2015  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2015  11:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/05/19/claire-mccaskill-is-done-with-game-of-thrones-after-sundays-rape-scene-shes-got-a-point/

To what extent are these people full of **** on a show that has seen all manner of violence perpetuated against men? After all, a man did have his penis cut off (Theon), another had his eyes gouged out and his head crushed by another (Obrean) and the scores of other men that have been impaled over the course of 5 seasons?

And with Theon they always just cut away to someone sticking a fork in a sausage for that extra zing!

I know, there is a house with a flayed man on their banner for the Gods sake! I have to say, that scene with Sansa was a friggin' gut punch. I understand why it upset people — it upset me! People might have thought they were just responding to the rape scene but it was really their connection to the Sansa character and the way the narrative played with her eventually being saved from this situation just in the nick of... PSCYHE! Reek, you watch! >roll credits<

And then we the audience realize WE ARE ALL NOW REEK!

People will watch a massive battle scene where hundreds of deaths are portrayed and say that was "the best scene ever" but it's the up-close-and-personal violence involving young women and girls this season that crosses a line with folks. Look it: war, that's a dude thing, right? Dudes dying gruesome deaths for ****all — I mean honor or some other virtue — that's cool. It's the paradox of the mainstreaming of rated-R television and dungeons & dragons fantasy war for entertainment's sake. No tears over the dead prostitutes of Kings Landing — I still remember you ladies — but you know they weren't virgins and sold themselves anyway so oh well...

And for me, I wasn't mad at HBO, (I really was mad at the showrunners for a couple minutes) I was mad at myself! Are these really the type of visuals I want rattling around my head on a Sunday night before a workweek in the name of entertainment?

And I'm doing the same thing as a Senator from Missouri?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy