A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/9/2014  5:35 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Anyone else sad to see Rose go? I love Ginger's so I hated to see her character killed off.

Naw, I don't even think she's the hottest redhead on the show. I was sad to see Ros go tho ...and then Sophie turner turned 18

LMAO! Yet another good point. I didn't realize it at first but I am more attracted to Ginger-Stark. The actress who plays Rose is prettier in real life, all dolled up but Sophie is pretty attractive herself and is even a bit sturdy. I like that quality in a woman, lol.

Yeah, Sansa has developed nicely lol Carice Van Houten is also sexy as Melisandre. I imagined Mel to be thick, like Christina Hendricks, from her book description, but I dig the freaky vibe Carice is bringing to the role.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/9/2014  8:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mattshaw78 wrote:They really didn't tell how the giant who lift up the gates died. We know how the boneheads died from a full running impact to the gates by the giant.

All of them didn't die, maybe none from the impact, and those that lived fought to the death. So they killed each other. In the book another character(Donal Noye[the Smith]) killed the Giant while the Giant killed him.

For none book readers: DO you fill the show did a good job with the wall storyline. DId you feel familiar with the characters?

For book readers: Did you mind that Pyp and Grenn died and what do you think of the changes?

I think Pyp and Grenn's death worked fine here, especially when you consider Jon's circumstances later in the series. D&D felt the episode wouldn't have had the same impact if a few known characters didn't die in battle. I was looking forward to seeing Noye's battle against the giant, but what are you going to do. It wasn't realistic scene and probably wouldn't have shot well anyway.
That one continuous shot that ended with Sam freeing ghost was awesome.

I usually don't mind when the show strays from the books but I sure didn't appreciate killing off Grenn and Pyp.I thought that they still had a role to play in the books. Ygritte dying was right from the books. But I am a little sad - 3 good characters/actors are gone. I had grown to like them.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/9/2014  9:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Anyone else sad to see Rose go? I love Ginger's so I hated to see her character killed off.

Naw, I don't even think she's the hottest redhead on the show. I was sad to see Ros go tho ...and then Sophie turner turned 18

LMAO! Yet another good point. I didn't realize it at first but I am more attracted to Ginger-Stark. The actress who plays Rose is prettier in real life, all dolled up but Sophie is pretty attractive herself and is even a bit sturdy. I like that quality in a woman, lol.

Yeah, Sansa has developed nicely lol Carice Van Houten is also sexy as Melisandre. I imagined Mel to be thick, like Christina Hendricks, from her book description, but I dig the freaky vibe Carice is bringing to the role.

I think GRRM likes redheads. I wonder how many will be alive at the end?

BTW, his wife Parris is also a redhead.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2014  12:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The actress playing Missandei is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in TV. She makes the Khaleesi look plain when they are together.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2014  12:35 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Very sad. I love the cave scene.

Yeah. That last scene she had with Jon Snow, definitely was touching. I was hoping she would've tried to change sides, so that the two could be together.

I really liked her. These Stark boys have no luck with their women.

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/11/2014  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2014  12:54 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The actress playing Missandei is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in TV. She makes the Khaleesi look plain when they are together.

Why did you do that? I did my best to divert my eyes during the seen but now I scroll down and see her. SMH. Anyway, I thought the same thing when I first saw her on GOT. She reminded me of Hayley Marie Norman but better, imo.

Here is Hayley

But Nathalie Emmanuel(Missandei) is so adorable. She takes the cake.

BigDaddyG

6/15/2014  9:43 PM
I guess today was the day that Jojen died.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/15/2014  9:54 PM
The hound v. Brienne fight is also bs. The Hound stood blow for blow with the mountain but gets his smashed by Brienne of Tarth? No way!
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/15/2014  11:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The hound v. Brienne fight is also bs. The Hound stood blow for blow with the mountain but gets his smashed by Brienne of Tarth? No way!

Yeah, I called bull initially too. But then I realized that maybe he wanted to die and let her win. With a bounty on his head and no hope of monies or protection from the Vale, he had no more moves to make. I'm kinda sad to see the guy go but the minute I saw them trying to highlight the good in him, I knew he was a goner. On a side, there were a number of prominent characters that took a dive this season and I suspect that things will only get worse as the storyline progresses.

NardDogNation

6/15/2014  11:35 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why did you do that? I did my best to divert my eyes during the seen but now I scroll down and see her. SMH. Anyway, I thought the same thing when I first saw her on GOT. She reminded me of Hayley Marie Norman but better, imo.

Here is Hayley

But Nathalie Emmanuel(Missandei) is so adorable. She takes the cake.

Yeah, she's bad. They both look a little too close to my female cousins, which kinda creeps me out on some level but....yeah, they're bad, lol.

yellowboy90

6/16/2014  6:06 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The hound v. Brienne fight is also bs. The Hound stood blow for blow with the mountain but gets his smashed by Brienne of Tarth? No way!

Yeah, I called bull initially too. But then I realized that maybe he wanted to die and let her win. With a bounty on his head and no hope of monies or protection from the Vale, he had no more moves to make. I'm kinda sad to see the guy go but the minute I saw them trying to highlight the good in him, I knew he was a goner. On a side, there were a number of prominent characters that took a dive this season and I suspect that things will only get worse as the storyline progresses.

I called bull also but I started to thinking that what can save the scene is that the Hound was weaken because of the infection he got from the bite. That is the only way I see it but Brienne is a good fighter and she did employ the tire them out technique which when you put it all together it makes sense kind of.

NardDogNation

6/16/2014  8:16 AM
On a different note, did any one notice how Melisandra was looking at Jon Snow across the fire? I remember that someone had the theory that Jon Snow was somehow a Targareyan or had royal blood in him and I think that this scene certainly confirms it. I expect for him to get the Gendry treatment and become a candidate for sacrifice to ensure Stannis' victory.
NardDogNation

6/16/2014  8:21 AM
Can we also have a moment of silence for Lord Tywin being killed on the ****ter? Seems like a terrible way to go and is going to have me paranoid for weeks, lol. I have to admit, I did not see that scene progressing as it did. The minute I heard Varys was involved in Tyrion's rescue, I expected Tyrion to be a double-crossed. Usually, one heavy hitter dies in every season and I thought that it was going to be Tyrion's turn, courtesy of Cersei.
NardDogNation

6/16/2014  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2014  8:30 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I called bull also but I started to thinking that what can save the scene is that the Hound was weaken because of the infection he got from the bite. That is the only way I see it but Brienne is a good fighter and she did employ the tire them out technique which when you put it all together it makes sense kind of.

When Arya alerted the Hound to their presence and he couldn't stop taking a **** to meet them, I thought that the guy had dysentery. It would make sense, considering that the bacteria could've been introduced through the wound you are referring to. Normally, the Hound is very swift to action, so his inaction in for the first minutes of the encounter sent up a red-flag for me.

Was it me though or did you kinda feel that Arya owed the Hound some mercy? He did save her life multiple times and they seemed to have some genuine bonding moments on their journey. The guy clearly isn't PC but he was by no means a monster and really thought Arya how to fend for herself, instead of being a victim. I feel like she owed him a clean, swift death.

yellowboy90

6/16/2014  10:58 AM
Arya didn't think he deserved mercy that's why she kept him on the list. Arya looking at him in that cold Stark stare. The hound and Ayra had an understanding more than a relationship. He wanted to sell her and she needed his protection. Along the road they found some common ground but Arya is a stubborn little girl who is slow to forgive.
BigDaddyG

6/16/2014  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2014  11:40 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Can we also have a moment of silence for Lord Tywin being killed on the ****ter? Seems like a terrible way to go and is going to have me paranoid for weeks, lol. I have to admit, I did not see that scene progressing as it did. The minute I heard Varys was involved in Tyrion's rescue, I expected Tyrion to be a double-crossed. Usually, one heavy hitter dies in every season and I thought that it was going to be Tyrion's turn, courtesy of Cersei.

I liked how he remained arrogant to the end..."what, you're afraid of a dead whore?" As for Sibel Kikelli, she was a nice piece and will be missed in spite of her annoying accent.
BigDaddyG

6/16/2014  11:49 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Maybe I can buy the Hound was already weakened line of thinking. Still, a weakened Hound should still be a match for Brienne. The tire 'em out strategy used Bronn at the Vale wouldn't really work because she was wearing armor too. Not saying Brienne is a lightweight, but the Hound is arguably one of the top 5 fighters in Westeros.
yellowboy90

6/16/2014  4:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Maybe I can buy the Hound was already weakened line of thinking. Still, a weakened Hound should still be a match for Brienne. The tire 'em out strategy used Bronn at the Vale wouldn't really work because she was wearing armor too. Not saying Brienne is a lightweight, but the Hound is arguably one of the top 5 fighters in Westeros.

Well, That's Brienne technique she learned from her master at arms because men would try to get the fight over quick because she was a woman. It's not so much about the armor but the energy the man expends trying to get it over in a hurry and underrating her skills. Remember, Brienne is not a poor fighter at all. I do get that Being on the mountain or the Hound Level is different but like I said if he was weaken it makes it plausible.

BigDaddyG

6/16/2014  5:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Well, That's Brienne technique she learned from her master at arms because men would try to get the fight over quick because she was a woman. It's not so much about the armor but the energy the man expends trying to get it over in a hurry and underrating her skills. Remember, Brienne is not a poor fighter at all. I do get that Being on the mountain or the Hound Level is different but like I said if he was weaken it makes it plausible.

Yeah, I understand Brienne has some decent feats. She earned her place on the Rainbow Guard and she manages to kill members of the Brave Companions with a bit of help. But the Mountains this isn't some water dancer. The Mountain is an efficient killer. He should have had an easier time with Brienne, even weakened. I guess this is better than the Mountain dying from infected wound, but still...
NardDogNation

6/16/2014  6:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Can we also have a moment of silence for Lord Tywin being killed on the ****ter? Seems like a terrible way to go and is going to have me paranoid for weeks, lol. I have to admit, I did not see that scene progressing as it did. The minute I heard Varys was involved in Tyrion's rescue, I expected Tyrion to be a double-crossed. Usually, one heavy hitter dies in every season and I thought that it was going to be Tyrion's turn, courtesy of Cersei.

I liked how he remained arrogant to the end..."what, you're afraid of a dead whore?" As for Sibel Kikelli, she was a nice piece and will be missed in spite of her annoying accent.

Yeah, I'm going to miss Shae too. I'd like to be her lion, especially having found out that she is German. Do you think that she actually loved Tyrion or was she simply "a whore" like Tywin so eloquently stated?

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy