[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/29/2014  7:10 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:So did I see right the babies turn into white walkers? I thought you have to die to become a white walker there.

Wights are reanimated dead people. Others/White Walkers are the magical creatures that create and control the wights.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/11/2014  9:53 PM
The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/12/2014  10:18 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
5/12/2014  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2014  11:00 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/12/2014  11:58 AM
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).

I started on the first book. It's been pretty good, though pretty daunting.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/12/2014  12:25 PM
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).


True. But the show has diverged from the books just enough to keep readers guessing. Some plot elements in the books have progressed at faster pace in the show, while others have been delayed or removed.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
H1AND1
Posts: 21740
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2013
Member: #5648

5/12/2014  1:02 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).

I started on the first book. It's been pretty good, though pretty daunting.

Cool! I always tell people that if they really love the show they should give the books a try. There isnt much deviation from the book plot on the show but with the books you get all the backstory and a whole helluva lot of Westerosi history. I love to geek out on **** like that so I love it.

yellowboy90
Posts: 33907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

5/12/2014  1:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2014  2:19 PM
I loved the way Dinklage said " I didn't do it" that was awesome. I also liked how the show makes it sinterestingat Tywin used the trial as a set up to get Jamie off the kingsguard. He knows his children and have a good handle of what they can and can't do. He knows tyrion is not a murderer.


I don't like the direction of Cersei in the show last week. Cersei loved Joffery to much to talk bad about her dear 1st born. I don't want sympathetic Cersei, I want crazy Cerci. .

I also, would have loved if Tyrion was on the wall with Jon being his counselor. That would have been interesting.

Another thing, Greyjoys are under used and they should have knocked reek out(reek reek it rhymes with leek). That would have really went away from the books though.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/12/2014  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2014  1:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).


True. But the show has diverged from the books just enough to keep readers guessing. Some plot elements in the books have progressed at faster pace in the show, while others have been delayed or removed.

It seems like the very beginning of the book, diverged from what happened in the series. In the book, Will, the member of the Night's Watch that encounters the White Walker, is killed while the older member of his group escapes to be caught and beheaded by Ned Stark. In the show, Will survives the White Walker encounter to then be beheaded by Ned Stark. Also, the book seems to allude to their being some tension between Jon and Theon that wasn't really communicated to me in the show. Did anyone else notice these differences?

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/12/2014  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2014  2:24 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).

I started on the first book. It's been pretty good, though pretty daunting.

Cool! I always tell people that if they really love the show they should give the books a try. There isnt much deviation from the book plot on the show but with the books you get all the backstory and a whole helluva lot of Westerosi history. I love to geek out on **** like that so I love it.

Yeah, it certainly is fuller and I think that it's easier to grapple with the depth of the series. I've been better able to understand the connections between the characters AND their land.

And before I forget, I'm going to take a page out of BigDaddy's playbook in describing my thoughts about you...

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/12/2014  2:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I loved the way Dinklage said " I didn't do it" that was awesome. I also liked how the show makes it sinterestingat Tywin used the trial as a set up to get Jamie off the kingsguard. He knows his children and have a good handle of what they can and can't do. He knows tyrion is not a murderer.


I don't like the direction of Cersei in the show last week. Cersei loved Joffery to much to talk bad about her dear 1st born. I don't want sympathetic Cersei, I want crazy Cerci. .

I also, would have loved if Tyrion was on the wall with Jon being his counselor. That would have been interesting.

Another thing, Greyjoys are under used and they should have knocked reek out(reek reek it rhymes with leek). That would have really went away from the books though.

The greatest irony of the show, in my opinion, is that of Tywin's children, Tyrion is the most like him. They both are pretty witty, sensible and very calculating/pragmatic. And in spite of those qualities both men still have a softer side, although we've seen much more of it with Tyrion because of how much more airtime he gets. But if you guys remember, Tywin was very hospitable and kind to Arya, back in season 2 when he did not know who she was. In any case, it's going to be very interesting to see, which one of the two, Tywin and Tyrion, will outsmart the other in the current situation that they are in.

As for Cersei, I never thought that she was "crazy". A woman, yes, but crazy? No, lol. On more than one occasion, she has expressed her disappointment for Joeffry and his behavior. Remember in season 3 when she had that heart-to-heart with Tyrion, after they were forced into their marriage proposals? She basically referred to Joeffry as being "a monster" but still her first child. The way she said it made it seem as though her love was forced and did not come effortlessly.

About the Greyjoys, I'm still trying to figure out what their overall purpose is in the grand scheme of things. I don't think they would have taken the time to introduce and develop their characters unless they had an important role to play at some point down the line. With Stanus in search of a Navy and the Dredfort being an ally of the Lanister's, I suspect that we'll see an alliance form with them to attack King's Landing. For all we know, they Tyrell's may have already recruited the Greyjoys to overthrow them. It makes too much sense not to happen and Lady Alerie has already alluded to their being a grander plan to Margarey. This season 4 is turning out to be pretty damn good.

yellowboy90
Posts: 33907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

5/12/2014  6:09 PM
NardDogNation wrote:[quI'mte="yellowboy90"]
I loved the way Dinklage said " I remember do it" that was awesome. I also liked how the show makes it sinterestingat Tywin usearchese trial as a set up to get Jamie off the kingsguard. He knows his children and haquickgood handle of what they can and can't do. He knows tyrion is not a murderer.


I don't like the direction of Cersei in the show last week. Cersei loved Joffery to much to talk bad about her dear 1st born. I don't want sympathetic Cersei, I want crazy Cerci. .

I also, would have loved if Tyrion was on the wall with Jon being his counselor. That would have been interesting.

Another thing, Greyjoys are under used and they should have knocked reek out(reek reek it rhymes with leek). That would have really went away from the books though.

The greatest irony of the show, in my opinion, is that of Tywin's children, Tyrion is the most like him. They both are pretty witty, sensible and very calculating/pragmatic. And in spite of those qualities both men still have a softer side, although we've seen much more of it with Tyrion because of how much more airtime he gets. But if you guys remember, Tywin was very hospitable and kind to Arya, back in season 2 when he did not know who she was. In any case, it's going to be very interesting to see, which one of the two, Tywin and Tyrion, will outsmart the other in the current situation that they are in.

As for Cersei, I never thought that she was "crazy". A woman, yes, but crazy? No, lol. On more than one occasion, she has expressed her disappointment for Joeffry and his behavior. Remember in season 3 when she had that heart-to-heart with Tyrion, after they were forced into their marriage proposals? She basically referred to Joeffry as being "a monster" but still her first child. The way she said it made it seem as though her love was forced and did not come effortlessly.

About the Greyjoys, I'm still trying to figure out what their overall purpose is in the grand scheme of things. I don't think they would have taken the time to introduce and develop their characters unless they had an important role to play at some point down the line. With Stanus in search of a Navy and the Dredfort being an ally of the Lanister's, I suspect that we'll see an alliance form with them to attack King's Landing. For all we know, they Tyrell's may have already recruited the Greyjoys to overthrow them. It makes too much sense not to happen and Lady Alerie has already alluded to their being a grander plan to Margarey. This season 4 is turning out to be pretty damn good.

I've read all the books so i'm talking about how "crazy" book cersei seems. I think almost everyone agrees with your pov of Tywin/Tyrion. They are two of the same yet Tyrion searches for love/kindness due to him being looked down upon all his life. So he is quick to be loyal to those who don't treat him bad.

I won't say too much about anything else but if you continue to read the books you'll learn more about the iron born.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/13/2014  12:37 AM
Anyone notice that Bronn was nowhere to be found? He was supposed to make sure that Shae made it on the boat.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
5/13/2014  8:07 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone notice that Bronn was nowhere to be found? He was supposed to make sure that Shae made it on the boat.

Yes. where is Bronn?
I also didn't like Shae's transformation from a very likeable Shae in the previous HBO episodes back to the Shae personality from the books. To watch this 180 degree turn around of Shae doesn't fit. Remember when she said to Ros, "I love that girl (Sansa). I would kill for her. Now she has not only betrayed Tyrion, but also Sansa by implicating Sansa in the plot to murder Joffrey.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

5/13/2014  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2014  9:36 AM
Markji wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone notice that Bronn was nowhere to be found? He was supposed to make sure that Shae made it on the boat.

Yes. where is Bronn?
I also didn't like Shae's transformation from a very likeable Shae in the previous HBO episodes back to the Shae personality from the books. To watch this 180 degree turn around of Shae doesn't fit. Remember when she said to Ros, "I love that girl (Sansa). I would kill for her. Now she has not only betrayed Tyrion, but also Sansa by implicating Sansa in the plot to murder Joffrey.

Shae looked like she was under duress. You don't think she was threatened into giving that testimony?

With Tyrion out of the picture, I'd be more than willing to be her lion! I dig the curls!

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
5/13/2014  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2014  11:00 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
Markji wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone notice that Bronn was nowhere to be found? He was supposed to make sure that Shae made it on the boat.

Yes. where is Bronn?
I also didn't like Shae's transformation from a very likeable Shae in the previous HBO episodes back to the Shae personality from the books. To watch this 180 degree turn around of Shae doesn't fit. Remember when she said to Ros, "I love that girl (Sansa). I would kill for her. Now she has not only betrayed Tyrion, but also Sansa by implicating Sansa in the plot to murder Joffrey.

Shae looked like she was under duress. You don't think she was threatened into giving that testimony?

With Tyrion out of the picture, I'd be more than willing to be her lion! I dig the curls!


Shae probably was threatened. But still.....will wait to see how the HBO series plays this out vs how the books dealt with it.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
H1AND1
Posts: 21740
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2013
Member: #5648

5/13/2014  10:54 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Dinkster killed it tonight! It's about to get real in Westeros.

Absolutely. I hope that he has a plan and isn't working on pure emotion. To be honest, I think he's bluffing and presumes that Tywin will blink first and save him.

On another note, I wish GOT would just release all of their episodes at once like House of Cards. This cliffhanger business kills me every week.


Dinklage deserves another Emmy, as he received for season 1. They better loosen up and start giving this series it's due.

Re: Cliffhangers - just read the books. They are great. (But not the forums which will just spoil it for you).

I started on the first book. It's been pretty good, though pretty daunting.

Cool! I always tell people that if they really love the show they should give the books a try. There isnt much deviation from the book plot on the show but with the books you get all the backstory and a whole helluva lot of Westerosi history. I love to geek out on **** like that so I love it.

Yeah, it certainly is fuller and I think that it's easier to grapple with the depth of the series. I've been better able to understand the connections between the characters AND their land.

And before I forget, I'm going to take a page out of BigDaddy's playbook in describing my thoughts about you...

LMAO at the vid!

Re: The Ironborn...you'll def learn more about them and their role to play in the books. The show by necessity has to cut out a lot and they've def. gone light on the Iron Islands so far (as well as Dorne). The books get pretty deep into both cultures and they both DEF have big roles going forward. Ill say no more.

H1AND1
Posts: 21740
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2013
Member: #5648

5/13/2014  10:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone notice that Bronn was nowhere to be found? He was supposed to make sure that Shae made it on the boat.

Yes, Bronn is conspicuously absent and Shae never made it to the boat. Hmmmm Something didnt go according to plan I guess we'll have to wait to find out just what happened.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

6/1/2014  10:18 PM
Wow, the Mountain vs. Viper scene was as awesome as I envisioned it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
Posts: 33990
Alba Posts: 43
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
6/1/2014  10:42 PM
I think it was one of the very best episodes of the series to date. The last scene was phenomenal. I also thought Sansa's scenes w/ Baelish were fantastic and a good re-imagining of the books. Kudos to Pedro Pascal/Inigo Montoya for doing a great job of bringing one of the best characters from the books to life on screen.
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.