[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

4/16/2014  2:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

And this mummer's farce is almost done!

AUTOADVERT
H1AND1

4/16/2014  2:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  2:21 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

Dont count Ginger out yet. And there is also the youngest, Rickon.

Theon is in the books and is indeed also captured by Ramsay Snow (though it happens a bit differently, but whatever). The show decided to explicitly decided to show him being tortured whereas in the books he disappears for 2 books and when he reappears he is Ramsays plaything, Reek. My guess is the showrunners liked Alfie Allens performance and thus decided to show the torture explicitly.

And just imagine: Season 4 is so action packed, Joffreys death is EPISODE 2! Hold onto your seats, people!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/16/2014  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  10:46 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

Dont count Ginger out yet. And there is also the youngest, Rickon.

Theon is in the books and is indeed also captured by Ramsay Snow (though it happens a bit differently, but whatever). The show decided to explicitly decided to show him being tortured whereas in the books he disappears for 2 books and when he reappears he is Ramsays plaything, Reek. My guess is the showrunners liked Alfie Allens performance and thus decided to show the torture explicitly.

And just imagine: Season 4 is so action packed, Joffreys death is EPISODE 2! Hold onto your seats, people!

They probably had to show the Ramsey/Theon scenes for contractual reason. It would've been a gamble to let the actors take 1 to 2 seasons off before returning. But yeah, this season is action packed. I hope we get to see the wildlings and the Night's Watch square off this season.
Noticed how Ramsey instantly recognized Jon Snow as an enemy? I think Ramsey is jealous of Ned's bastard and that plays a role in why he distrusts Jon. But Ramsey's intuition may prove to be right. I believe that Robb named Jon Snow his successor last season, despite his mother's objection. This could turn into potential rallying cry for the north.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/16/2014  11:41 PM
Will definitely miss Jack Gleeson's portrayal of Joffrey. What a fantastic job he did - Joffrey was a monster come to screen.

In terms of Theon's story- for a TV audience, it would be really hard to have a guy like him appear sparingly in season 1, A LOT in season 2 and doing important thigns, and then dissapearing for the next 2 seasons. TV viewers don't have the memory or attention span for that. So they fleshed him out more in season 1, featured him in season 2 and then showed more of the story on screen while its happening so that the viewers could get more familiarity with Theon and the Boltons, who obviously become crucial parts to the story in the North.

They will have to do the same with Tyrion and Bran. Neither appear in feast, so they will probably drag their story out and then show some of their Book 5 storyline concurrently.

BigDaddyG

4/18/2014  8:17 PM
VDesai wrote:Will definitely miss Jack Gleeson's portrayal of Joffrey. What a fantastic job he did - Joffrey was a monster come to screen.

In terms of Theon's story- for a TV audience, it would be really hard to have a guy like him appear sparingly in season 1, A LOT in season 2 and doing important thigns, and then dissapearing for the next 2 seasons. TV viewers don't have the memory or attention span for that. So they fleshed him out more in season 1, featured him in season 2 and then showed more of the story on screen while its happening so that the viewers could get more familiarity with Theon and the Boltons, who obviously become crucial parts to the story in the North.

They will have to do the same with Tyrion and Bran. Neither appear in feast, so they will probably drag their story out and then show some of their Book 5 storyline concurrently.

Good point about the story narrative. I don't have a problem with the producers including The on and Ramsey bingo last season's storyline. I just think that they could've been more direct in revealing Ramsey's identity and more subtle in portraying Theon's torture scenes. That said, both actors are doing awesome jobs. TV Ramsey isn't as physically imposing as I imagined book Ramsey to be, but I find him to be just as dangerous.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/20/2014  6:32 PM
so who killed him? Many had a reason to kill him.

Something to do with the dead doves in the cake.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
4/21/2014  7:11 AM
mreinman wrote:so who killed him? Many had a reason to kill him.

It had to be Olenna Tyrell, as she was brushes Sansa's hair to eventually getting the poison from the jewelry to kill him.

BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
4/21/2014  9:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2014  9:13 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:

It had to be Olenna Tyrell, as she was brushes Sansa's hair to eventually getting the poison from the jewelry to kill him.

Probably, but don't give too much away.

Poor Tyrion. One of my favorite characters. He is constantly being accused of doing/being bad and yet he has the strongest sense of duty, being just and fair.

Examples:
Rob Stark is rude to him when he returns from the wall with a drawing of a saddle which will allow Bran to ride a horse.
Littlefinger accuses Tyrion (when speaking to Catelyn) of owning the knife that the attacker used to try to kill Bran.
Catelyn accuses Tyrion of trying to kill Bran and has him captured and taken to the Eyrie where everyone hates him and accuses him of killing Jon Arryn and attemped murder of Bran.
Cersie accuses him of something every time they have a scene together.
And finally, he is accused of murdering Joffrey and thrown into the dungeons.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
mattshaw78
4/21/2014  10:07 AM
so stupid...how can Tyrion do it? Who would be stupid enough to kill the king and stay there.

I hate little finger, someone please kill him

BigDaddyG

4/21/2014  10:57 PM
Anyone else creeped out by Jaime raping Cersie? I did not think it was a rape after reading the book's version of the scene.
VDesai
USA
4/22/2014  12:27 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone else creeped out by Jaime raping Cersie? I did not think it was a rape after reading the book's version of the scene.

In the book, Cersei eventually consents. Here its like she sorta starts to consent and then she doesn't. Also its weirder in the TV show because in the book, that's when Jamie first returns, so there's sort of a longing there. ON the show, she's already rejected him for sex once. Anyway, was a very strange change for me- goes back to making Jamie more of a villain.

mattshaw78
4/22/2014  5:51 AM
VDesai wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Anyone else creeped out by Jaime raping Cersie? I did not think it was a rape after reading the book's version of the scene.

In the book, Cersei eventually consents. Here its like she sorta starts to consent and then she doesn't. Also its weirder in the TV show because in the book, that's when Jamie first returns, so there's sort of a longing there. ON the show, she's already rejected him for sex once. Anyway, was a very strange change for me- goes back to making Jamie more of a villain.

Is no one impressed he can do it with one hand?

H1AND1

4/22/2014  8:33 PM

The dead dove was simply sliced and diced with that Valyrian steel sword...

BigDaddyG

4/23/2014  2:38 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:
VDesai wrote:

Is no one impressed he can do it with one hand?

It looks like the scene might have just suffered from bad direction.
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-game-of-thrones-breaker-of-chains-uncle-deadly
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/23/2014  6:05 PM
I thought it was funny to see some of the highborn of Meereen leave before they threw the barrels of chains. It reminded of the Color Purple and the band in the juke joint packing their instruments before the brawl, "time to go" They didn't wait around because they knew what wa coming. lol.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/28/2014  4:43 AM
Whoa, The last few minutes once Jon said he knew about Bran I was like what the heck did he just say. Then ghost being caged up and everything else. We have left the books people.
H1AND1

4/28/2014  10:38 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Whoa, The last few minutes once Jon said he knew about Bran I was like what the heck did he just say. Then ghost being caged up and everything else. We have left the books people.

And that ending! Book readers have officially begun being spoiled by the show!

BigDaddyG

4/28/2014  11:45 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Whoa, The last few minutes once Jon said he knew about Bran I was like what the heck did he just say. Then ghost being caged up and everything else. We have left the books people.

We were already spoiled. It's never really spelled out that Craster was giving his sons to the Others in the book. There have been a few other occasions where the show has revealed explicit details that were only hinted at in the book.

VDesai
USA
4/28/2014  9:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

We were already spoiled. It's never really spelled out that Craster was giving his sons to the Others in the book. There have been a few other occasions where the show has revealed explicit details that were only hinted at in the book.

Yup- i.e. Robb Stark's wife Jeyne isn't important since he was totally changed and then killled in the show.

This Craster thing was kind of a big spoiler though. While it was implied, we never explicitly learned what happened to the babies.

mattshaw78
4/29/2014  5:50 AM
So did I see right the babies turn into white walkers? I thought you have to die to become a white walker there.
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy