[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
2/20/2014  11:56 AM
H1AND1 wrote:Oh shiz! A GoT, ASOIAF thread! Huge fan of the books and show!

Season 4 should be good. Also, it seems they are putting in a good bit of story from Books 4/5 (which are "really" one book) so this should put pressure on Martin to finish Book 6. I doubt he wants the show to catch up. Counterproductive for all involved.


Great to have another gamer on board.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
AUTOADVERT
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
2/20/2014  12:00 PM
A new trailer for GOT Season 4.

Note: Don't read the comments section as there are a bunch of spoilers. People who post those really suck. I've read the books but still...

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
3/6/2014  9:33 AM
Well, Brooklyn has beaten us out again.

'Game of Thrones' to Screen Season 4 Premiere at Barclays Center March 20th

"The Epic Fan Experience" will also include costumes, props and photo ops on the Iron Throne

Eager fans who can't wait for the April 6th premiere of Game of Thrones' fourth season may be able to see the first episode earlier and in much bigger form, as HBO announced Tuesday that 7,000 people will be able to watch the season premiere at New York's Barclays Center on March 20th.

I'd go if I were near NY but I have been in India since the beginning of Dec. Hope some of you guys get to enjoy it.
Click on the link for the rest of the article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-to-screen-season-4-premiere-at-barclays-center-20140305

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
H1AND1
Posts: 21740
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2013
Member: #5648

3/17/2014  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2014  3:11 PM
Markji wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Oh shiz! A GoT, ASOIAF thread! Huge fan of the books and show!

Season 4 should be good. Also, it seems they are putting in a good bit of story from Books 4/5 (which are "really" one book) so this should put pressure on Martin to finish Book 6. I doubt he wants the show to catch up. Counterproductive for all involved.


Great to have another gamer on board.

Thanks! I freaking love discussing the books/show so Im glad to be here!

And just a general comment on the upcoming season: Who is pumped for the premiere?!? This season is going to be epic. Im obviously not going to spoil anything but the Red Wedding is actually just the midpoint of Book 3 (the book on which Seasons 3 and 4 are based). It's not even the climax. Season 4 to be fuarking EPIC Basically every episode will be an "Episode 9".

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
3/19/2014  12:56 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
Markji wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Oh shiz! A GoT, ASOIAF thread! Huge fan of the books and show!

Season 4 should be good. Also, it seems they are putting in a good bit of story from Books 4/5 (which are "really" one book) so this should put pressure on Martin to finish Book 6. I doubt he wants the show to catch up. Counterproductive for all involved.


Great to have another gamer on board.

Thanks! I freaking love discussing the books/show so Im glad to be here!

And just a general comment on the upcoming season: Who is pumped for the premiere?!? This season is going to be epic. Im obviously not going to spoil anything but the Red Wedding is actually just the midpoint of Book 3 (the book on which Seasons 3 and 4 are based). It's not even the climax. Season 4 to be fuarking EPIC Basically every episode will be an "Episode 9".


Valar Morghulis is an underlying theme for the books. I've been eagerly looking forward to Season 4. Three trailers and counting.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/19/2014  4:06 PM
I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

3/19/2014  6:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/19/2014  6:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/19/2014  7:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

it's good to see you on this side of sunday

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
3/19/2014  9:19 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?


A lot of people have gotten killed, but as George RR Martin has said, that is what happens in real life, especially during wars. People die.

This also opens the door for others to rise up, grow, and take the place of the deceased.

Having read the books, I will only say that Season 4 should be even more exciting than Season 3.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
3/31/2014  7:15 AM
Another trailer - combining old and new. I especially like the new shots of Arya with sword in hand.She is still a young girl but she is turning into a "she-wolf", and a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/about/video/season-4-trailer.html#/

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
4/8/2014  7:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  7:05 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

I saw Episode 1 last night. It didn't disappoint. Arya has become one badass little girl. Definitely a force.

Yes, Theon did really get castrated. Uh-h! In the books it was strongly hinted at but never clearly demonstrated as in the HBO series.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/8/2014  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  4:06 PM
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

I saw Episode 1 last night. It didn't disappoint. Arya has become one badass little girl. Definitely a force.

Yes, Theon did really get castrated. Uh-h! In the books it was strongly hinted at but never clearly demonstrated as in the HBO series.

I would have preferred that they cut the scene in the brothel and added the real conversation Tyrion and Oberyn had in the book. I think that conversation provided more insight into each character's thoughts and the actions they'll take later this season.
Arya was great. They took one of the more badass moments from the sample chapter that was just released and added it to that scene. Maisie is growing up tho. It's getting harder to look at her as a 12 year old girl.
The shout outs to Sir Arthur Dayne and Sir Duncan the Tall were awesome. That scene and was drastically changed from the books, but I liked the TV version better. The Joffrey zing at the end was awesome.
I think I see how they're going to work the Shae character now. I guess it makes sense.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/13/2014  10:43 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

4/14/2014  12:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2014  12:07 AM
FUCK JOFFREY! I'm glad that ****er is dead.
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

4/14/2014  1:48 AM
Markji wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm still a little pissed that they killed Rob and the Stark clan. I was rooting for them to see things through but I suppose that now that they are gone, things become so much more interesting. I suppose I'll be rooting for Daenerys now for the throne, although Tyrion is a dark horse of mine.

Don't lose hope. There are still Stark children left and the North always remembers lol

It's kinda hard for me to have hope in Ginger Stark. She seems so hapless, lol. Arya and Bran show promise though.

On a side, is Theon in the book and did what happen to him happen there as well?

I saw Episode 1 last night. It didn't disappoint. Arya has become one badass little girl. Definitely a force.

Yes, Theon did really get castrated. Uh-h! In the books it was strongly hinted at but never clearly demonstrated as in the HBO series.

I saw episode 1 and just got through episode 2. The plot is so damn intoxicating. I've actually taken up the first book to develop a greater appreciation for the series.

P.S., FUCK JOEFFREY!

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
4/14/2014  6:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2014  6:36 AM
YES! Joffrey. The moment that 11+ million fans had been waiting for.

Poor Tyrion, he is always being blamed for things he doesn't do.

Everyone hated Joffrey in the show but on set when making the episodes, everyone loved the young actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffrey. He's very bright and engaging. To get a different view of the actor, here is a clip of him speaking to a film class at Dublin University. It's a complete 180 degree turn around from Joffrey. Great talk and Q & A if you have the time.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25023
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/14/2014  7:11 PM
Markji wrote:YES! Joffrey. The moment that 11+ million fans had been waiting for.

Poor Tyrion, he is always being blamed for things he doesn't do.

Everyone hated Joffrey in the show but on set when making the episodes, everyone loved the young actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffrey. He's very bright and engaging. To get a different view of the actor, here is a clip of him speaking to a film class at Dublin University. It's a complete 180 degree turn around from Joffrey. Great talk and Q & A if you have the time.


I read somewhere that he plans to retire from acting to pursue his studies. He's a good actor. Hr might have been too good. It would've been hard for me to see him playing any role other than Joffrey Baratheon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Posts: 33907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

4/15/2014  8:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:YES! Joffrey. The moment that 11+ million fans had been waiting for.

Poor Tyrion, he is always being blamed for things he doesn't do.

Everyone hated Joffrey in the show but on set when making the episodes, everyone loved the young actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffrey. He's very bright and engaging. To get a different view of the actor, here is a clip of him speaking to a film class at Dublin University. It's a complete 180 degree turn around from Joffrey. Great talk and Q & A if you have the time.


I read somewhere that he plans to retire from acting to pursue his studies. He's a good actor. Hr might have been too good. It would've been hard for me to see him playing any role other than Joffrey Baratheon.

I wonder if he comes back to acting. I remember the actor Rob Brown of "Finding Forester" giving up acting to got school. I think he was just 16 when they filmed that movie.

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
4/16/2014  10:55 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:YES! Joffrey. The moment that 11+ million fans had been waiting for.

Poor Tyrion, he is always being blamed for things he doesn't do.

Everyone hated Joffrey in the show but on set when making the episodes, everyone loved the young actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffrey. He's very bright and engaging. To get a different view of the actor, here is a clip of him speaking to a film class at Dublin University. It's a complete 180 degree turn around from Joffrey. Great talk and Q & A if you have the time.


I read somewhere that he plans to retire from acting to pursue his studies. He's a good actor. Hr might have been too good. It would've been hard for me to see him playing any role other than Joffrey Baratheon.

I wonder if he comes back to acting. I remember the actor Rob Brown of "Finding Forester" giving up acting to got school. I think he was just 16 when they filmed that movie.


He has performed fabulously and helped make the show successful. He even died very convincingly. I also hope he continues with acting.Emma Watcon took a little break to attend Brown U and Jodi Foster also took time away to attend Yale. So there is a lot of precedent.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.