[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/2/2013  11:03 PM
A good analysis of the episode here: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/The_Rains_of_Castamere/Book_Spoilers/#Analysis
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/3/2013  10:00 AM
Holy ****! That was awesome. Best show ever!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/4/2013  9:32 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Holy ****! That was awesome. Best show ever!

+1

I read the criticism having never read the book - apparently the show missed the sense of dread leading up to the wedding. I say the show's writers made for awesome television. i think the show would have failed had the massacred had a hunch they were walking to their own funeral

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NYKBocker
USA
6/4/2013  10:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Holy ****! That was awesome. Best show ever!

+1

I read the criticism having never read the book - apparently the show missed the sense of dread leading up to the wedding. I say the show's writers made for awesome television. i think the show would have failed had the massacred had a hunch they were walking to their own funeral

I agree. I thought it was well done. Some critics can't seem to understand that writing a book where you have the luxury of setting things up is totally different from writing a screenplay to translate it in the screen. Also, from what I understand, the Red Wedding in the book was POV from Catelyn Stark. The show has not done POV before and I thought Catelyn noticing something amiss 5 minutes before the massacre was close enough to give the viewers the idea.

I felt so bad for Ygritte but Jon Snow actually saved her life by not letting her kill one of the wildlings for him.

NYKBocker
USA
6/5/2013  11:29 AM
SupremeCommander

6/5/2013  11:30 AM
anyone see the "Gay of Thrones" parody of the above on Funny or Die? I hear it's great but I am blocked from it on my work comp
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/5/2013  11:04 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Ugh! I feel like I was kicked in the stomach.

I've been away so I haven't seen the full episode. Just this clip now. Wow.Even though I have read the books and knew what was coming, seeing it so graphically done was very heavy. Maybe too much so. I know a lot of people who don't want to watch the show anymore. They really need to have Joffrey's wedding for episode 10 but I believe that is next season. A big mistake, IMO.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG

6/5/2013  11:28 PM
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I've been away so I haven't seen the full episode. Just this clip now. Wow.Even though I have read the books and knew what was coming, seeing it so graphically done was very heavy. Maybe too much so. I know a lot of people who don't want to watch the show anymore. They really need to have Joffrey's wedding for episode 10 but I believe that is next season. A big mistake, IMO.

Yeah,there's still a lot to cover. Jof, Stannis, Arya, Jon,Tyrion and Jaime still have stories from Storm of Swords that aren't finished. It'll be interesting to see how they break things up next season. It's probably better if they draw things out since there's no telling when book 6 comes out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
6/6/2013  6:41 AM
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think it is stupid for people to stop watching the show anymore just because their favorite character dies. Not all shows has to have a happy ending where the favorite hero saves the day.

BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Markji
USA
6/6/2013  7:58 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think it is stupid for people to stop watching the show anymore just because their favorite character dies. Not all shows has to have a happy ending where the favorite hero saves the day.

Most people watch TV for enjoyment and happiness. People are looking for heroes-someone to look up to-be a role model-to root for. That's why the super-hero shows are so popular. When the hero(s) die, it depresses people.

I will continue, but I think a lot of their fan base is very upset right now.

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
SupremeCommander

6/6/2013  11:01 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I agree

SupremeCommander

6/6/2013  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2013  11:16 AM
Markji wrote:
mattshaw78 wrote:
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Most people watch TV for enjoyment and happiness. People are looking for heroes-someone to look up to-be a role model-to root for. That's why the super-hero shows are so popular. When the hero(s) die, it depresses people.

My immediate reaction is those people are morons. The title is 'Game of Thrones'... how did they think this was going to play out? Especially the rebel side?

When someone got got in the Sopranos, the next day was a discussion if how they went out was fit for their character. That series ended and you didn't know if Tony died or not. In The Wire, how Stringer Bell went out or Bodie standing his ground on his corner were some of the most memorable moments on the show... and those are just HBO examples.

If they turned 'Game of Thrones' into a show where Khaleesi just pet her dragons and assumed the throne, the Lannisters exiled themsleves, and the Starks were given a chance to return to Winterfell to rebuild, I wouldn't tune in next week

PS - I know you aren't part of that crowd and that rant isn't directed at you whatsoever. I just hope that these complainers don't influence the shows writers moving forward

NYKBocker
USA
6/6/2013  11:18 AM
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/6/2013  1:13 PM
Pretty sure Joffrey's wedding is next and that the aftermath with Tyrion and the trial and the Red Viper of DOrne will be saved for next season.

I would guess the battle with wildlings on the Wall is the next ep too.

BigDaddyG

6/7/2013  3:55 AM
VDesai wrote:Pretty sure Joffrey's wedding is next and that the aftermath with Tyrion and the trial and the Red Viper of DOrne will be saved for next season.

I'd be surprised if they fit all three weddings in this season. We'll probably see more of the Bran, Hodor, Meera and Jojen storyline Sunday and we haven't heard from the Brotherhood Without Banners in a while. I wonder what impact the Red Wedding will have on them?

NYKBocker
USA
6/7/2013  8:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VDesai wrote:Pretty sure Joffrey's wedding is next and that the aftermath with Tyrion and the trial and the Red Viper of DOrne will be saved for next season.

I'd be surprised if they fit all three weddings in this season. We'll probably see more of the Bran, Hodor, Meera and Jojen storyline Sunday and we haven't heard from the Brotherhood Without Banners in a while. I wonder what impact the Red Wedding will have on them?

Stanis said 3 names to die in the Melisendre blood ritual. Robb Stark, Geofrey, ???...Who is the 3rd one? I forgot.

Markji
USA
6/7/2013  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2013  10:44 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Stanis said 3 names to die in the Melisendre blood ritual. Robb Stark, Geofrey, ???...Who is the 3rd one? I forgot.

Rob Stark; Joffrey; and Balon Greyjoy (Theon's father). I hope people get the connection between the blood leeches being thrown into the fire and the names Stannis said. And remember for next season.
Markji
USA
6/7/2013  10:43 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Markji wrote:
mattshaw78 wrote:
Markji wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

My immediate reaction is those people are morons. The title is 'Game of Thrones'... how did they think this was going to play out? Especially the rebel side?

When someone got got in the Sopranos, the next day was a discussion if how they went out was fit for their character. That series ended and you didn't know if Tony died or not. In The Wire, how Stringer Bell went out or Bodie standing his ground on his corner were some of the most memorable moments on the show... and those are just HBO examples.

If they turned 'Game of Thrones' into a show where Khaleesi just pet her dragons and assumed the throne, the Lannisters exiled themsleves, and the Starks were given a chance to return to Winterfell to rebuild, I wouldn't tune in next week

PS - I know you aren't part of that crowd and that rant isn't directed at you whatsoever. I just hope that these complainers don't influence the shows writers moving forward

Quite right. I am hooked.

A funny response of George RR Martin to the negativity in the fans created by the Red Wedding. (really an edited video)

SupremeCommander

6/9/2013  10:30 PM
somewhat disappointed by tonight's episode... question: What is the story with Theon Greyjoy's torturer? I didn't quite follow that
BigDaddyG

6/10/2013  1:20 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:somewhat disappointed by tonight's episode... question: What is the story with Theon Greyjoy's torturer? I didn't quite follow that

theon's torturer is Roose's bastard Ramsey. they've deviated a bit from the books with
the way they've introduced Ramsey and Asha/Yara reacted. it was an aight episode. it's always good when Then gives Jof a verbal smack down.
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy