[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kenneth Faried
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/17/2011  3:01 PM
fishmike wrote:I think Faried has about a dozen boards. LVILLE gets ZERO offensive boards when he's in the game

exactly why the Knicks need to draft him

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/17/2011  3:09 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:I think Faried has about a dozen boards. LVILLE gets ZERO offensive boards when he's in the game

exactly why the Knicks need to draft him

I can see the fit for sure..
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Olbrannon
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2919
USA
3/17/2011  3:30 PM
player < 240 lbs need not apply
Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:33 PM
fishmike wrote:great game

what a 3!

I need to become a More Head fan so I can chant More Head in public and not get arrested

SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:34 PM
Olbrannon wrote:player < 240 lbs need not apply

have you watched him play once this year?

SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:49 PM
let's see if he hits both FTs
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:50 PM
yep
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:51 PM
More Head with the last shot to tie or win... Faried pulled down another huge rebound
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:53 PM
WOW! The three to go up by 1!!! Louisville will have 4 seconds
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  3:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2011  3:56 PM
Kenneth Faried's More Head Fellaters with the HUGE upset--

--on Faried's first block of the game

rvwink
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1145

3/18/2011  9:37 AM
There is a long interview on Draft Express with Faried that I encourage those thinking about the Knick's drafting Faried to listen to. I reluctantly came to the conclusion that Faried may experience some of the same difficulties that Balkman experienced while trying to learn MDA's system. Faried is a super motivated individual whose ticket to success is dependent on his concentrating entirely on "going to get each missed shot". Unfortunately Faried's inability to answer relatively direct questions and wanting to have several restated made me think that learning a complicated defensive system may be a difficult challenge for him. (It was also revealed that he did have a problem with grades in high school which was why he ended up at Morehead State instead of a school with a higher profile basketball program).

If you do listen to the interview, I would like to know if it at all influences your willingness to spend the Knick's first round draft choice on the young man this year.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/18/2011  10:40 AM
rvwink wrote:There is a long interview on Draft Express with Faried that I encourage those thinking about the Knick's drafting Faried to listen to. I reluctantly came to the conclusion that Faried may experience some of the same difficulties that Balkman experienced while trying to learn MDA's system. Faried is a super motivated individual whose ticket to success is dependent on his concentrating entirely on "going to get each missed shot". Unfortunately Faried's inability to answer relatively direct questions and wanting to have several restated made me think that learning a complicated defensive system may be a difficult challenge for him. (It was also revealed that he did have a problem with grades in high school which was why he ended up at Morehead State instead of a school with a higher profile basketball program).

If you do listen to the interview, I would like to know if it at all influences your willingness to spend the Knick's first round draft choice on the young man this year.

I heard one interview with him and he came across as being a very soft kind of guy. Almost a bit learning disabled, which in the Western world is frowned upon, but I see him as having found his place so to speak, on the court the way he does. I mean he is not stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but he operates (I think) in a much simpler way. Lots of complicated plays is not how to implement him. That said, he would function best by just being let loose. A "system" for him is probably not the most conducive thing to him doing what he does best - rebounding.

I like the guy, but think that a more well rounded center might help us if one is available. Though, Faried can walk in now and rebound and play some defense. You know, when you have two offensive weapons who are often doubled in Amare and Melo, having a guy like Faried there just makes defending us an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. Perhaps he could fit this system perfectly, but in his own way.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
SupremeCommander

3/18/2011  11:46 AM
rvwink wrote:There is a long interview on Draft Express with Faried that I encourage those thinking about the Knick's drafting Faried to listen to. I reluctantly came to the conclusion that Faried may experience some of the same difficulties that Balkman experienced while trying to learn MDA's system. Faried is a super motivated individual whose ticket to success is dependent on his concentrating entirely on "going to get each missed shot". Unfortunately Faried's inability to answer relatively direct questions and wanting to have several restated made me think that learning a complicated defensive system may be a difficult challenge for him. (It was also revealed that he did have a problem with grades in high school which was why he ended up at Morehead State instead of a school with a higher profile basketball program).

I will listen tonight or tomorrow. A link would bne helpful

SupremeCommander

3/18/2011  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2011  11:57 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

I heard one interview with him and he came across as being a very soft kind of guy. Almost a bit learning disabled, which in the Western world is frowned upon, but I see him as having found his place so to speak, on the court the way he does. I mean he is not stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but he operates (I think) in a much simpler way. Lots of complicated plays is not how to implement him. That said, he would function best by just being let loose. A "system" for him is probably not the most conducive thing to him doing what he does best - rebounding.

I like the guy, but think that a more well rounded center might help us if one is available. Though, Faried can walk in now and rebound and play some defense. You know, when you have two offensive weapons who are often doubled in Amare and Melo, having a guy like Faried there just makes defending us an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. Perhaps he could fit this system perfectly, but in his own way.

I believe if the system can't utilize a really good player, there problem really isn't with the player. I really think he would go along ways to fixing some of our weaknesses. I mean, outside of his shooting, he had an EXCELLENT game and his team upset Louisville! The Big East looks great this year because the other conferences sent trash to the tournament.

As for his simplicity, I'll admit, I haven't heard him speak much. That said, my favorite American thinker, Henry David thoreau, wrote in his masterpiece "Walden" to "Spimplify, simplify." Faried has a gigantic heart and by all accounts is just a great guy. I know you weren't passing judgement. I'm just saying there are some smart dudes that envy that way

Faried just looks like an NBA player. There are plenty of NFL playbooks that are infinitely more complicated, and guys get drafted from South Eastern West Virginia Coal Miner U. Those guys don't seem to have problems grasping the playbook. And how complex is Pringles' system? It's not like were talking about Tex Winter's triangle offense

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/18/2011  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2011  1:57 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/18/2011  2:05 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I believe if the system can't utilize a really good player, there problem really isn't with the player. I really think he would go along ways to fixing some of our weaknesses. I mean, outside of his shooting, he had an EXCELLENT game and his team upset Louisville! The Big East looks great this year because the other conferences sent trash to the tournament.

As for his simplicity, I'll admit, I haven't heard him speak much. That said, my favorite American thinker, Henry David thoreau, wrote in his masterpiece "Walden" to "Spimplify, simplify." Faried has a gigantic heart and by all accounts is just a great guy. I know you weren't passing judgement. I'm just saying there are some smart dudes that envy that way

Faried just looks like an NBA player. There are plenty of NFL playbooks that are infinitely more complicated, and guys get drafted from South Eastern West Virginia Coal Miner U. Those guys don't seem to have problems grasping the playbook. And how complex is Pringles' system? It's not like were talking about Tex Winter's triangle offense

I am a bit familiar with HDT and the simplify comment to me is dead on regarding Faried. He is sort of what I would call a "pure soul". He comes across as just a great person and very very simple. You don't try to mold him, you turn him loose. He is a good kid like Fields is a good kid, but with different qualities. And yeah, you are right, I wasn't passing judgment on the kid, quite the opposite, I value his type - the world could use more of them. And to add, what kind of affect would that have on the locker room? I mean how much of his play rubs off on his teammates and has allowed them in part to upset "better" teams and to be where they are now?

I haven't seem him really play, but his rebounding IS much needed here and as for his defense - I don't know. He is strong but just doesn't have the weight to body people inside. I am afraid that we are looking for someone who will contribute now and though he can with his rebounding, I am not sure his body is ready inside. I hope I'm wrong and that he shows something in our workouts.

I'm more of a team chemistry guy (large part of why I had problems with the trade) and think we need to approach this draft pick not typically. We have two EXCELLENT ISO players and we need a player who can somehow compliment them out there and I don't mean in the Fields kind of a way. We don't need another glue guy, we need a motor to plug in there that synergestically can help us get to the next level. The next pick should not be about numbers per say. Faried has me curious in that regard, we could use his mentality and energy.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
rvwink
Member: #1145

3/18/2011  4:45 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kenneth-Faried-5325/

He is a great kid who would likely become a valuable contributor for a number of NBA teams, I just don't think he necessarily fits with the Knicks. MDA visualizes roles for his players he puts on the floor. Not sure he is willing to compromise by taking less passing and outside shooting in return for more rebounds?

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/18/2011  7:24 PM
I like Faried, but there have been similar players (DeMarre Carroll, Renaldo Balkman) who were tweener/defense/rebounding style forwards that haven't exactly worked out. Still I think a player like this would potentially be huge for this team and I'd be interested.

But I might have an easier time taking someone like Chris Singleton, who's a defensive monster with long arms who racks up blocks/steals. Singleton reminds me of Marion or Kirilenko or even Stacey Augmon.

I think both might be around where we pick.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/18/2012  3:00 PM
This dude has been killing. 9 points and 7 rebs a game in about 20 minutes. I'm happy with Shump, but we would've been in good shape with either Shump or Faried.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/18/2012  3:05 PM
I read somewhere that part of the reason the Nuggets traded Nene is because of Faried's play. He is looking like a draft steal for them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kenneth Faried

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy