[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kenneth Faried
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/10/2011  4:24 PM
I'd say Blair had a better offensive game than Faried at this point in his career, but that doesn't change the fact that Faried looks like an NBA player. In the game it is obvious he has a place in the pros.

BUT IN SPITE OF THAT, he's averaging 17.6 and 14.5 with impressive perfomances against top schools

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/10/2011  4:25 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Note his Weaknesses below. The guy is said to be an UNDERSIZED Power Forward at the NBA level. How could he possible play Center? 225lbs - he is going to need to add quite a bit of weight, which he clearly has the body to do, but I'm not sure we can wait, though he clearly is NBA ready to rebound and defend (to a point, not sure he can body up.)

NBA Comparison: Louis Amundson

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire ...

Weaknesses: Undersized both in height (6'8) and weight (225 lbs) to play the 4 position at the NBA level ... Has to overcome the disadvantages of playing at Morehead, Kentucky in a smaller (Ohio Valley) Conference ... Scouts are less likely to give credence to standout stats against lesser opponents ... Needs to further develop his post skills. His moves are too predictable even against lesser competition ... Lacks any real face the basket skills. Touch and consistency are not great. Scores mostly on put backs and buckets where he gains deep position in the paint, or is able to outclass opponents with his athleticism ... A poor free throw shooter at below 60% throughout his college career. Doesn't have terrible form, but needs to focus and improve his routine some ... Passing and vision are limited. Needs to decrease turnovers. Gets far too many giveaways for someone that doesn't really use the bounce to set up baskets nor look to create offense for others ... Average at finishing non-dunks around the basket ...

Notes: Declared early but withdrew from the 2010 NBA draft ... Considered a possible late first round pick by scouts for the 2011 NBA draft ... The recent success of undersized power forwards (Millsap, Blair, Maxiell, etc) helps his cause ... Has drawn comparisons to Dennis Rodman and had a chance to speak with his idol who advised him to approach every rebound as if it were his ...

Aran Smith 1/22/11

forget that... he's Rodman. He's so dedicated to defense and rebounding.

I'm not plugging him in as the starting center. I'm just looking at guys I KNOW can play and help us. Say we pick 20th. How would you feel about a bench guy who gave you 5ppg and 8rpg and 1.5 blocks shooting 55% in 20 minutes per game? I would say thats realistic in his rookie year while playing good defense off the bench.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/10/2011  4:28 PM
From SI:
On defense, Kenneth Faried is a possession-ender extraordinaire. He grabbed an amazing 36.1 percent of available defensive rebounds last season, the highest rate in the nation by more than six percent. He also blocks 8.1 percent of opponents' shots, ranking 53rd nationally, but it's mainly his skills on the glass, where he's established himself as the game's best all-around rebounder, that have earned him attention from NBA scouts.

Since with JJ back and being played by MDA for no other motivation THAN MDA LIKES GUYS WHO DEFEND I think we can debunk the myth that MDA only wants guys who shoot 3s (sorry vmart I had too)

Whoever mentioned Mosgov please stop.. it hurts

SupremeCommander

3/10/2011  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2011  4:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Note his Weaknesses below. The guy is said to be an UNDERSIZED Power Forward at the NBA level. How could he possible play Center? 225lbs - he is going to need to add quite a bit of weight, which he clearly has the body to do, but I'm not sure we can wait, though he clearly is NBA ready to rebound and defend (to a point, not sure he can body up.)

NBA Comparison: Louis Amundson

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire ...

Weaknesses: Undersized both in height (6'8) and weight (225 lbs) to play the 4 position at the NBA level ... Has to overcome the disadvantages of playing at Morehead, Kentucky in a smaller (Ohio Valley) Conference ... Scouts are less likely to give credence to standout stats against lesser opponents ... Needs to further develop his post skills. His moves are too predictable even against lesser competition ... Lacks any real face the basket skills. Touch and consistency are not great. Scores mostly on put backs and buckets where he gains deep position in the paint, or is able to outclass opponents with his athleticism ... A poor free throw shooter at below 60% throughout his college career. Doesn't have terrible form, but needs to focus and improve his routine some ... Passing and vision are limited. Needs to decrease turnovers. Gets far too many giveaways for someone that doesn't really use the bounce to set up baskets nor look to create offense for others ... Average at finishing non-dunks around the basket ...

Notes: Declared early but withdrew from the 2010 NBA draft ... Considered a possible late first round pick by scouts for the 2011 NBA draft ... The recent success of undersized power forwards (Millsap, Blair, Maxiell, etc) helps his cause ... Has drawn comparisons to Dennis Rodman and had a chance to speak with his idol who advised him to approach every rebound as if it were his ...

Aran Smith 1/22/11

forget that... he's Rodman. He's so dedicated to defense and rebounding.

I'm not plugging him in as the starting center. I'm just looking at guys I KNOW can play and help us. Say we pick 20th. How would you feel about a bench guy who gave you 5ppg and 8rpg and 1.5 blocks shooting 55% in 20 minutes per game? I would say thats realistic in his rookie year while playing good defense off the bench.

me too. I think he could step and give 10-15 MPG behind both Amar'e and Melo RIGHT NOW and would be an impact energy player and a force on the boards. He's an uber-elite rebounder. Those are hard to find. Not to mention, that's the type of player the team needs. Faried would greatly enhance what we have and what we need

fishmike
USA
3/10/2011  4:30 PM
I would give him Turiaf's minutes right now... agreed
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/10/2011  6:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2011  6:32 PM
fishmike wrote:I would give him Turiaf's minutes right now... agreed

I think this guy possesses the intangibles Jeffries & Turiaf bring combined X 100000000...If he's there we gotta take him. Case closed. This dude's gonna be a difference-maker with his rebounding and defense, I don't care how thin/smallish he is compared to other big forwards..That's not gonna matter..This dude's gonna find a way to get the job done..Last time I saw him was about a week ago -- Austin Peay @ Morehead St -- and Faried was ALL OVER THE PLACE..My guy all the way is Marshon Brooks in the 17-20 range for various reasons but if Faried's there and they took him I'd be overjoyed.

SupremeCommander

3/11/2011  12:51 AM
he would've looked GREAT tonight in a Knicks uni gobbling up those long rebounds that almost always found their way into the hands of a Mav tonight
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  2:06 PM
Kenneth Faried has seven reboundsagainst Louisville after 10 minutes of play
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/17/2011  2:08 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Kenneth Faried has seven reboundsagainst Louisville after 10 minutes of play

yeah but how many 3's?

SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  2:09 PM
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Kenneth Faried has seven reboundsagainst Louisville after 10 minutes of play

yeah but how many 3's?

he attempted one and shattered the backboard

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/17/2011  2:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:

yeah but how many 3's?

he attempted one and shattered the backboard

can't be worse than Turiaf, JJ. Start him at C!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
3/17/2011  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2011  2:16 PM
And he is 1-6 FG, not good for a D'Antoni system. (Sarcasm as I like the guy)

edit - make that 1-9 with 9 minutes left in the 1st half.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  2:18 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:And he is 1-6 FG, not good for a D'Antoni system. (Sarcasm as I like the guy)

he's not an offensive player, certainly, but since he got seven Terrance Hill has gobbled up a few because of all the attention on Faried

fishmike
USA
3/17/2011  2:28 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:And he is 1-6 FG, not good for a D'Antoni system. (Sarcasm as I like the guy)

he's not an offensive player, certainly, but since he got seven Terrance Hill has gobbled up a few because of all the attention on Faried

watching now... that dunk was SICK!!!!!!! He's so active. I hope Moorehead wins. Faried is a NJ boy, plus he plays for a team named "more head"

How cant you dig that?

Marv
3/17/2011  2:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

watching now... that dunk was SICK!!!!!!! He's so active. I hope Moorehead wins. Faried is a NJ boy, plus he plays for a team named "more head"

How cant you dig that?

HA! now we're back on track.

fishmike
USA
3/17/2011  2:41 PM
Faried is a more athletic Brian Grant. He looks 6'10ish but he's very long, so I wouldnt be suprised if he's like 6'9 with a very long wingspan
SupremeCommander

3/17/2011  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2011  2:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

How cant you dig that?

even better, More Head is facing off against Rick "I want fellatio with my shrimp scampi" Pitino

fishmike
USA
3/17/2011  2:58 PM
great game
Marv
3/17/2011  2:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

How cant you dig that?

even better, More Head is facing off against Rick "I want fellatio with my shrimp scampi" Pitino

i know. right in the restaurant he got it. for about 11 seconds

fishmike
USA
3/17/2011  3:00 PM
I think Faried has about a dozen boards. LVILLE gets ZERO offensive boards when he's in the game
Kenneth Faried

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy