[Gt.] Knicks Blazers 10 pm, Felton has dimes
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2011  12:50 AM
Killa4luv wrote:
martin wrote:With a better backup PG and an actual, viable big man, Knicks can beat all the non-elite teams and put the scare in to the elite. Donnie, bring us home.

I totally agree

Hey, I am up for that. Turiaf off the bench would be invaluable.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

1/12/2011  12:53 AM
martin wrote:With a better backup PG and 1 more player to fill a weakness, Knicks can beat all the non-elite teams and put the scare in to the elite. Donnie, bring us home.

Camby would be a very, very nice way to fill a weakness. 16 boards, 6 blocks. Though if Turiaf can hit it at 35mins a night...

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

1/12/2011  12:56 AM
Fernandez and Camby for AR, Curry, +? If it's filler that'd make us a nice team with depth.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/12/2011  12:57 AM
Nalod wrote:
TMS wrote:can we please just start Turiaf now? gonna be 7-1 w/Turiaf starting after tonight... what more proof do u need Mike?

Lets think for a moment. Mike likes to win and can't imagine Rony is in any ones dog house.

So maybe he needed a game off to rest thinking Lakes game is not winnable but POrtland is.

So if he played two nites ago in LA maybe you don't get what you got tonite. Rony is great, but he can't log the minutes. They play at Utah tomorrow. Maybe he don't go 3 games in 4 nites? Maybe he holds him out of Lakes cuz he thinks we can win in Portland and Utah?

I don't think he is is thick headed.

i think it's pretty obvious what MDA's strategy was in that Lakers game... he figured there was no way we could match up size wise so he tried to beat them by playing a smaller lineup & hoped our 3 pt shooting would win the day for him... it obviously didn't work... i'm not trying to say we beat the Lakers if we start Turiaf that game obviously, but you can easily see the defense down low that he provides & gives us some size downlow that we don't get when we're starting Wilson or Williams at the 4.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/12/2011  1:02 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:Fernandez and Camby for AR, Curry, +? If it's filler that'd make us a nice team with depth.

Would love to do something like that, but highly doubt Portland wants to give us two of their most productive players for a poo poo platter.

¿ △ ?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/12/2011  1:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2011  1:19 AM
I'm looking forward to this Utah game. It should be a good test of where we are. Against very good team but not elite. We've been beating all the cream puffs (ok, ok, I know Chicago and S.A.), and losing to the elite. Let's see what we do against a team with a comparable record.
Panos
Member: #520
1/12/2011  1:20 AM
Also don't look now, but we're almost at the half way point, and still only 3 games out of 3rd place.
martin
USA
1/12/2011  1:22 AM
Panos wrote:Also don't look now, but we're almost at the half way point, and still only 3 games out of 3rd place.

truth. Knicks have like 6 games early in the year that they lost that would have been wins with the way they are playing now.

They would be somewhere near the Boston record.

Paladin55
Member: #2098

1/12/2011  1:33 AM
As with many wins by the Knicks this year, tonight's game is the kind of game we would have lost in the past. While not a great team at this time, Portland is still a dangerous opponent on their home court, with enough quality on their roster to cause trouble.

The thing I like is that we have a core of consistent performers, but also have players who will rise to the occasion (tonight was Walker and Turiaf) during certain games and in certain moments, and to me, this is what the better teams always have.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/12/2011  1:55 AM
The overall defense and the offense in the 4th quarter was orgasmic for lack of a better word.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Paladin55
Member: #2098

1/12/2011  1:56 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:Also don't look now, but we're almost at the half way point, and still only 3 games out of 3rd place.

truth. Knicks have like 6 games early in the year that they lost that would have been wins with the way they are playing now.

They would be somewhere near the Boston record.

Yup.

There were many (and even MDA, I think) before the season who talked about the idea that this Knicks' team would have to play together for a number of games before things fell into place.

It is the kind of sports cliché that many fans, and most coaches, throw out to explain a lack of success-especially early success- for their particular team. In the case of the Knicks, it would seem to be true, though, and such wins as this one are becoming less and less surprising as we come to understand that this Knicks' team really is coming together as a group.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2011  2:09 AM
It's clear that this team is really getting into it's groove defensively. They know what they want to do. Even against the Lakers the D was actually good. They just couldn't deal with the size and we had a horrid shooting night. If we have a hot shooting night, we would've beaten the Lakers with the level of D we were playing. This is a mission the team has been on and it's taking full shape now.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
1/12/2011  9:53 AM
It's funny, I put the game on and lay down to watch it in bed, but I ended up falling asleep right before tip-off and waking up right after the game ended. I slept through the entire game and woke up to a Knicks win and a midnight snack of two teaspoons of honey and an orange. Great win, great stuff. Knicks are near-elite.
WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
martin
USA
1/12/2011  10:51 AM
orangeblobman wrote:It's funny, I put the game on and lay down to watch it in bed, but I ended up falling asleep right before tip-off and waking up right after the game ended. I slept through the entire game and woke up to a Knicks win and a midnight snack of two teaspoons of honey and an orange. Great win, great stuff. Knicks are near-elite.

classic blob

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/12/2011  11:19 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:The overall defense and the offense in the 4th quarter was orgasmic for lack of a better word.

You felt that too? I was speechless and only a few grunts as we put the clamps on those fools.

martin
USA
1/12/2011  11:32 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:The overall defense and the offense in the 4th quarter was orgasmic for lack of a better word.

You felt that too? I was speechless and only a few grunts as we put the clamps on those fools.

is this the natural evolution of the Knicks or is it because the overall speed of the team is much better with the stiff-legged, 3point shooting, non-FT shooting fool?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/12/2011  11:37 AM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

is this the natural evolution of the Knicks or is it because the overall speed of the team is much better with the stiff-legged, 3point shooting, non-FT shooting fool?

you cut me deep homie. I have my ****-eyed sights on you.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2011  12:41 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

hahaha.. who was that?

Knicks are just a good deep talented team with a bunch of complimenting versatile parts.

Walsh said last year people didnt realize how good some of these players were because you didnt see them play with talent. Now w/ Amare/Felton they are playing with talent and man do they look pretty good!

I love the toughness and commitment to defense on one end and the high flying offense on the other. Easy team to love

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JrZyHuStLa
Member: #1241

1/12/2011  1:15 PM
martin wrote:With a better backup PG and 1 more player to fill a weakness, Knicks can beat all the non-elite teams and put the scare in to the elite. Donnie, bring us home.

Then once we get Melom, we'll beat elite teams.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2011  2:06 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Then once we get Melom, we'll beat elite teams.

is Dwight Howard coming in the Melo trade? If he does your right..
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
[Gt.] Knicks Blazers 10 pm, Felton has dimes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy