[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks should go hard after Kendrick Perkins next Summer.
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/6/2010  12:34 AM
Sign him to a long term deal starting at $10M. Pushes Turiaf to bench.

By not going after Melo, allows Knicks to keep Turiaf, Chandler and maybe Azubuike. You platoon SF/PF as Gallo, Chandler, Williams, Amare.

Perhaps you dangle AR, etc for a backup PG.

Dig it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/6/2010  1:05 AM
martin wrote:Sign him to a long term deal starting at $10M. Pushes Turiaf to bench.

By not going after Melo, allows Knicks to keep Turiaf, Chandler and maybe Azubuike. You platoon SF/PF as Gallo, Chandler, Williams, Amare.

Dig it.

Guy is always hurt--10mm long term is nuts!

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
12/6/2010  3:17 AM
I would love to get Perkins, but I would still rather go after C. Anthony. At this point, we have 3 SFs in Chandler, Gallo, and Williams. None of them are as good as Anthony. I think Fields has turned into an untouchable, as he is the perfect complement to Amare and Felton. I would trade Chandler and Gallo for Anthony and then resign Williams to be a sharp-shooter off the bench. We can resign Turiaf for 1/3 the money of Perkins and get about 80% of the same benefit. Plus, I think once the Russian figures out how to not foul every 2 minutes, he will be a keeper too. I would not overpay for Perkins.
Trust the Process
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
12/6/2010  4:28 AM
If we're going to go the route of improving at C this offseason, I think Marc Gasol is a much better target. I like Perkins, but it will probably take an overpay like the $10 million figure you showed to get him, and he's not that worth that much.
JohnWallace44
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #910
USA
12/6/2010  9:28 AM
Isn't Diaw free after this year? You need a C that fits with Amare which is easier said than done.
Alan Hahn: Nate Robinson has been on a ridonkulous scoring tear lately (remember when he couldn't hit Jerome James with a Big Mac in early January?)
martin
USA
12/6/2010  10:49 AM
JohnWallace44 wrote:Isn't Diaw free after this year? You need a C that fits with Amare which is easier said than done.

Diaw doesn't cover Amare's weaknesses.

IMHO Knicks need a C who rebounds and plays D, that's Perkin's game to a T.

I am down with MGasol too, but I don't know too much about his game.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2010  10:57 AM
What we need is Moz to stick 10 and 10 a nite. He'll get his blocks too.

Perk type player makes sense. Someone who can guard the low post and not beat on Amare.

Moz is the guy. Just not yet.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2010  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2010  11:00 AM
Nalod wrote:What we need is Moz to stick 10 and 10 a nite. He'll get his blocks too.

Perk type player makes sense. Someone who can guard the low post and not beat on Amare.

Moz is the guy. Just not yet.

I'll take 7-8 pts, 10 rbs, and 2 blks in 30 mins.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2010  11:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:Sign him to a long term deal starting at $10M. Pushes Turiaf to bench.

Dig it.

??? up until his current injury he had like 4-5 years of being quite durable no?

I actually like this fit even better than Gasol. Perkins is a true dirty work banger. At 26 I would look at he and Mosgov as a nice rotation at center.

If we passed on Melo Perkins's more reasonable contract would let us resign Chandler

C Perkins/Mosgov
PF Amare
SF Gallo
SG Fields
PG Felton
bench: Chandler, Williams, Douglas, AR

Boy thats a big rugged tough team w/ nice balance of defense, size and scoring. I like it, and it lets us keep this core together which I think is very good. Amare/Felton/Gallo/Chandler/Fields... loving that group. Add shooting, size and depth and we are looking at an elite team IMO

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
12/6/2010  11:23 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Dig it.

??? up until his current injury he had like 4-5 years of being quite durable no?

I actually like this fit even better than Gasol. Perkins is a true dirty work banger. At 26 I would look at he and Mosgov as a nice rotation at center.

If we passed on Melo Perkins's more reasonable contract would let us resign Chandler

C Perkins/Mosgov
PF Amare
SF Gallo
SG Fields
PG Felton

Boy thats a big rugged tough team w/ nice balance of defense, size and scoring. I like it, and it lets us keep this core together which I think is very good. Amare/Felton/Gallo/Chandler/Fields... loving that group. Add shooting, size and depth and we are looking at an elite team IMO

don't forget Turiaf

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2010  11:29 AM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Dig it.

C Perkins/Mosgov
PF Amare
SF Gallo
SG Fields
PG Felton

don't forget Turiaf

I'm a little up in the air with him. He's got a PO for next year and its only about $4.5ish. Whats his value? Price? Contract status? Lot of question marks there.

I like him a lot (When he's on the floor) but there are a lot of question marks there. I think its likely he's a salary cap causualty and I'm looking to upgrade w/ Perkins and have AR step into a rotation role

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
12/6/2010  11:53 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Dig it.

C Perkins/Mosgov
PF Amare
SF Gallo
SG Fields
PG Felton

don't forget Turiaf

I'm a little up in the air with him. He's got a PO for next year and its only about $4.5ish. Whats his value? Price? Contract status? Lot of question marks there.

I like him a lot (When he's on the floor) but there are a lot of question marks there. I think its likely he's a salary cap causualty and I'm looking to upgrade w/ Perkins and have AR step into a rotation role

fair enough, but know that you are losing a voice both on the court and in practice/locker room.

Not sure how much on an impact he has behind the scenes but my guess is it's a LOT. valuable intangible. Plus that beard is awesome.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/6/2010  12:02 PM
I really want to stick with Timo. I think he will get better as the season progresses.
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/6/2010  12:05 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I really want to stick with Timo. I think he will get better as the season progresses.

I'm with you. I think we need another big guy, but I'm okay with Mozgov getting these limited minutes.

I just hope that people will like me
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
12/6/2010  12:06 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I really want to stick with Timo. I think he will get better as the season progresses.

I think there's time for him to show that. So far, at least we can say his play hasn't been bad enough that he's cost us any games. He's just done some good things, but negated it with some foolish mistakes. If he can remove most of those mistakes, he would be extremely valuable.

martin
USA
12/6/2010  12:06 PM
Bippity10 wrote:

I'm with you. I think we need another big guy, but I'm okay with Mozgov getting these limited minutes.

long term, do you think Perkins is a fit? Moz/Perkins platoon at C?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/6/2010  12:07 PM
Bippity10 wrote:

I agree with this but when he excelled at the Worlds he was a backup. I think he'll be a valuable rotation player but not necessarily a starter. Maybe he's a 7' high energy backup center. which is awesome, because that just doesn't exist.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
iSergio
Member: #3043
USA
12/6/2010  12:07 PM

WOW for once I agree with you! I think Timofey Mozgov is experience away from being the ideal C next to Amar'e Stoudemire. Moz has all the skills and talent and instincts.

Bippity10
Member: #574
12/6/2010  12:10 PM
iSergio wrote:

WOW for once I agree with you! I think Timofey Mozgov is experience away from being the ideal C next to Amar'e Stoudemire. Moz has all the skills and talent and instincts.

It seems like a majority of his issues are confidence. In the World's he was catching everthing thrown his way and trying to dunk everything(including against the US team). Suddenly he is dropping the ball which could be a sign of teh game moving to fast for him and he's thinking instead of reacting. Also that dunk against Toronto was one of the few times we've seen him attack the rim recently. With confidence and experience I think we will see a lot more of that.

I just hope that people will like me
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

12/6/2010  12:35 PM
i think perkins would mesh well with amar'e but we would be a slower team. i also don't think boston would let him go.
Knicks should go hard after Kendrick Perkins next Summer.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy