[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Highly recommended Old School Martial Arts Classics (1st three)
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/11/2010  12:07 AM
sidsanders wrote:
TMS wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
TMS wrote:of course you don't... nor do i endorse downloading pirated movies from the internet... i was just asking out of curiosity.

o... i wasnt intending that to be a warning... more that, its out there for sure. did you happen to see what i was talking about though? WOW...

i saw some listings on google... apparently you need to register with some site to download the file... not that i checked into it or anything *cough*

i know nothing... however... its a bunch of links on rapidshare. im amazed at how much is out there. folks posting new flicks right away and all.

i wonder how rapidshare works & if registering there makes one a target of mass spam & the like... for those who may be interested in using these file sharing websites that is.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

6/11/2010  1:28 PM
TMS wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
TMS wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
TMS wrote:of course you don't... nor do i endorse downloading pirated movies from the internet... i was just asking out of curiosity.

o... i wasnt intending that to be a warning... more that, its out there for sure. did you happen to see what i was talking about though? WOW...

i saw some listings on google... apparently you need to register with some site to download the file... not that i checked into it or anything *cough*

i know nothing... however... its a bunch of links on rapidshare. im amazed at how much is out there. folks posting new flicks right away and all.

i wonder how rapidshare works & if registering there makes one a target of mass spam & the like... for those who may be interested in using these file sharing websites that is.

I havent used rapidhare but it seems popular.
Beside buying flicks online, at sites for HK flix old school I used to go to mininova.org and few other sites
like Veoh TV. There you can usually watch and/or download files as Mpeg and avi

If you owned nero you can rip them
some of the shawbrothers and non-shaw were very good. sites didnt have everything as far as martial arts
you'd have to recheck back to see what user community uploaded.

This method was as good as file share sites.

Otherwise you can go ebay and get package martial-arts deals buy a bundle

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
DJMUSIC

6/11/2010  1:31 PM
sidsanders wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:I have friends who love SBrothers but refuse to watch orig. language versions

Some of the best flicks not even dubbed english are out & I tell friends they have to watch
them.

One of them is Touch Of Zen (aka The Gallant Lady)
Slow start and long movie but worth the watch once an interesting story.
Stars Hsu Feng and Pai Ying (hapkido villian)

you have stuff with english dubs or is it english subs? i have mostly subs.

I have both the subs and eng dub.
Some arent bootlegs but what I'd do is review the websites and blogs, If users gave me decent feel of DVDs
buy's such as IOFFER.com, then I'd consider purchase. For example at ebay they list if HK martial arts are eng
eng/dub or subs.

You are correct many of good HK flix and shaw bros are subs but I have lots of dubs
Many of these SBros came on VHS tape which 70-90% of time they were dubbed before being available on DVD

DJMUSIC

6/11/2010  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2010  2:54 PM
3 More recommended HK flicks must see !

The 7 GrandmastersLee I Min, Jack Lung, Lung Fei,

7 Grandmasters (trailer)

The Chinese Boxer (aka Hammer of Gods)Jimmy Wang Yu, Lo Lieh, Chiu Hung, Chan Sing

Another ShawBros Production

Hammer of Gods (Jimmy Wang Yu vs Lo Lieh Ending Fight!)

The Broken OathAngela Mao Ying, Sammo Hung, Michael Chan Wai, Bruce Leung

Broken Oath (Ending Fight! Mao Ying & Leung vs Michael Chan Wai)

If you seen all these above
consider it a treat & blessing ! Great storylines. Broken Oath a Golden Harvest flick done with
Shaw style choreography, costumes and fight scenes. Starred Shaw stars Sammo Hung, Wai Man and HanYing Chieh.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/11/2010  4:19 PM
DJ, check the Last Movies Watched thread, i've listed a few must see martial arts flicks you might want to check out.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
DJMUSIC

6/11/2010  4:55 PM
TMS wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
TMS wrote:Kid with the Golden Arm is one of my alltime favs... 5 Deadly Venoms, Master Killer, Super Ninjas, Challenge of the Masters, Flying Guillotine are a few other ass kicking old school joints u gotta watch.

Hey hi TMS
some of those mentioned you can watch again and again.
Master Killer (Gordon Liu) a great story and underrated flick. Many you cited are 4-5 stars rated
at kungfucinema.com

If you guys need some info just let me know I keep most of my flicks in Excel spreadsheet cause I am
a martial arts junkie! lol

2 of my other favorites... awesome fighting sequences with Billy Chong

Super Power

Jade Claw (aka Crystal Fist)

speaking on Billy Chong another good flick
Black Belt Karate

DJMUSIC

6/11/2010  4:57 PM
TMS wrote:DJ, check the Last Movies Watched thread, i've listed a few must see martial arts flicks you might want to check out.

Cool,
I will check them out

Thx TMS

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/16/2010  12:48 PM
TMS wrote:Kid with the Golden Arm is one of my alltime favs... 5 Deadly Venoms, Master Killer, Super Ninjas, Challenge of the Masters, Flying Guillotine are a few other ass kicking old school joints u gotta watch.

When I got my first serious job, I built up my VHS tapes and this was one of the first movies I got. Absolutely classic. The next was the 5 Deadly Venoms. I almost got my DVD collection up on par.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
DJMUSIC

6/16/2010  2:17 PM
Pharzeone wrote:

When I got my first serious job, I built up my VHS tapes and this was one of the first movies I got. Absolutely classic. The next was the 5 Deadly Venoms. I almost got my DVD collection up on par.

Thanks Phar..
I never get tired of watching SB Kid with the Golden Arm & star Lo Meng.
a classic ! as the other venom movies mentioned

DJMUSIC

6/16/2010  2:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2010  3:26 PM
From the DJ
3 more must see must have HK flix!

truly Enjoy & get them if you havent seen em'

Disciples Of Shaolin (aka The Invincible One) Alexander Fu Shen, Chi Kuan Chun
One of the saddest drama flix but has heroic ending. Not much of fight but very storyline good theme

Disciples Of Shaolin (Ambushed!)

The Big Boss (aka Fist of Fury)Bruce Lee, James Tien, Han Ying-Chieh, Nora Miao

Fist Of Fury (Ice Factory Fight)

Triple Irons (aka The New One Armed Swordsman)David Chiang, Ti Lung, evil Ku Feng, Chan Sing

New One Armed Swordsman (preview)

New One Armed Swordsman (Ti Lung Outnumbered! doubledcrossed)

New One Armed Swordsman (Avenging is next !)

Later..
Highly recommended Old School Martial Arts Classics (1st three)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy