BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2010  9:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
kam77 wrote:VG is @ 2.19
Haup is @ 2.35

Are either of these worth buying now or did i miss the window of opportunity? Thanks.

Haup is on the dump VG is on the pump When haup is .7 I will come back lol

Also buy EGHT now trading 1.37

hugggh!!!! Great pick brutal trading--what exactly was the sense selling so low? Money made but too much money left on the table here---FAIL

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2010  10:41 AM
Trade was still 25% profit!!!

Not bad at all!!!!

firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
10/28/2010  6:43 PM
BRIGGS, I showed this thread to my financial analyst a couple weeks ago (I dont do stocks) and he's been hugely impressed. Tells me he gets newsletters every month and they're hit-or-miss, but he's been watching your picks and his eyes are a'bogglin'.

If he gets involved in one of your picks over the next few weeks, what should it be? He a cautious one, and likes to watch before diving in.

Love love love this thread. I think it shows what's so unique about this site. You wouldnt get this kind of info sharing anywhere else on the web IMO. Mad mad props to BRIGGS.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
10/28/2010  6:49 PM
Yeah this is a good thread. I think all the info your analyst needs is in here already.
Last rec was WAVX i believe. I didn't get involved with that one but made 40% on the previous.

All in all. Great thread.

lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
10/29/2010  10:15 AM
Any news with WAVX that has caused it to drop so much yesterday and this morning?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BRIGGS
10/29/2010  3:14 PM
I think finally GSIT is never looking back. Havent sold one penny in 2+ years and Im not going to any time soon. This is one of my two large holdings and this will be a multi million dollar stock
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/29/2010  3:22 PM
Markji wrote:Any news with WAVX that has caused it to drop so much yesterday and this morning?

Mark--the thing ran up 20-30% pretty quick. remember I think you asked me the same question on EGHT in the low 1's people take profits who knows sometimes what makes a stock do what. A decent plan is to take profits anytime a stock goes over 20% if its not a serious long term core holding that you believe strongly in. I certainly didnt trade EGHT well but still got a nice swing trade profit on it. Don't ever wait for me to say sell on the little ones--just do what makes sense for you. Most of the time when I call it I have good reason to believe a uptrend is imminent.

RIP Crushalot😞
Markji
USA
10/29/2010  4:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Markji wrote:Any news with WAVX that has caused it to drop so much yesterday and this morning?

Mark--the thing ran up 20-30% pretty quick. remember I think you asked me the same question on EGHT in the low 1's people take profits who knows sometimes what makes a stock do what. A decent plan is to take profits anytime a stock goes over 20% if its not a serious long term core holding that you believe strongly in. I certainly didnt trade EGHT well but still got a nice swing trade profit on it. Don't ever wait for me to say sell on the little ones--just do what makes sense for you. Most of the time when I call it I have good reason to believe a uptrend is imminent.

Thanks Briggs for your advice and lessons. I'd rather go with your thinking than with mine. The average small investor like myself gets plagued by emotions while the professionals are more rational. I'm holding WAVX.

I bought and sold EGHT when you did and even though you think you got out too early, I'm happy with what I made. If you hadn't mentioned EGHT to us on the forum, then I, nor the others, would have made any money. Thanks for your continuing advice and picks.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Olbrannon
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2919
USA
10/31/2010  8:00 PM
Interesting ...just stumbled on this. I've known about Hauppage for many years. They are among the leaders in tuner cards for PC's and make drivers available for linux for most(all?) of their products.

One explanation for a recent stock jump is that ATI has issues with their tuners. The older cards just won't do HD or work across several versions of Windows ATI tuners in general are ATI was their biggest competition for a while.

Also the HTPC craze.

I'm not sure what else they make.

Never heard of the others.

Here's one for you that always drops after dividends have paid and ratchets up over the rest of the year IR-Ingersol Rand
I had the advantage of buying in with a 401K but it did well on it's own over the 2.5 years I held stock in it. Not a real
volatile stock though More a steady growth

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
BRIGGS
11/2/2010  10:13 AM
In ASTM long 25k shares @ 2.61
RIP Crushalot😞
Markji
USA
11/2/2010  3:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:In ASTM long 25k shares @ 2.61

Thanks Briggs....Got in this AM.
What is the projected price?
Markji
USA
11/2/2010  6:03 PM
Aastrom Biosciences Gaining Momentum on Outlook for Positive CLI Trial Results
October 28, 2010
Aastrom Biosciences Inc.(NASDAQ: ASTM) has started to gain some momentum as news of their November presentation on clinical data has spread. They will be giving an update on their Phase 2b trial in critical limb ischemia (CLI).....

ASTM will be hosting a satellite session at the VEITHsymposium on November 18, 2010 at 1:00 pm (EDT). The event will feature a presentation by Richard Powell, MD, Principal Investigator in the RESTORE-CLI clinical trial, as well as a Q&A session.

Aastrom’s Tissue Repair Cell (TRC) technology is an autologous based platform, meaning they use a small sample of a patients bone-marrow. Their TRC platform then expands the number of stem and progenitor cells many times (49 times) what would otherwise be obtained from patient’s, and these cells are then delivered directly to the damaged tissue. ASTM has demonstrated very compelling efficacy in their Phase 2b RESTORE-CLI trial. Originally, this study had anticipated enrolling close to 150 patients, but due to the exceedingly positive interim results in 86 patients, the drug safety monitoring board advised discontinuing enrollment and moving forward to Phase 3. It would appear this news hasn’t quite dawned on the broader market.....

ASTM’s valuation relative to other stem cell companies seems drastically out of line, especially considering Phase 2 results are close and the markets they are going after. Roth Capital has a $3.50 price target with a “Buy” rating. Zack’s made it very clear, ”no other firm has such an advanced program for peripheral arterial disease or heart failure."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/233027-aastrom-biosciences-gaining-momentum-on-outlook-for-positive-cli-trial-results?source=yahoo
BRIGGS
11/3/2010  1:18 PM
Markji wrote:Aastrom Biosciences Gaining Momentum on Outlook for Positive CLI Trial Results
October 28, 2010
Aastrom Biosciences Inc.(NASDAQ: ASTM) has started to gain some momentum as news of their November presentation on clinical data has spread. They will be giving an update on their Phase 2b trial in critical limb ischemia (CLI).....

ASTM will be hosting a satellite session at the VEITHsymposium on November 18, 2010 at 1:00 pm (EDT). The event will feature a presentation by Richard Powell, MD, Principal Investigator in the RESTORE-CLI clinical trial, as well as a Q&A session.

Aastrom’s Tissue Repair Cell (TRC) technology is an autologous based platform, meaning they use a small sample of a patients bone-marrow. Their TRC platform then expands the number of stem and progenitor cells many times (49 times) what would otherwise be obtained from patient’s, and these cells are then delivered directly to the damaged tissue. ASTM has demonstrated very compelling efficacy in their Phase 2b RESTORE-CLI trial. Originally, this study had anticipated enrolling close to 150 patients, but due to the exceedingly positive interim results in 86 patients, the drug safety monitoring board advised discontinuing enrollment and moving forward to Phase 3. It would appear this news hasn’t quite dawned on the broader market.....

ASTM’s valuation relative to other stem cell companies seems drastically out of line, especially considering Phase 2 results are close and the markets they are going after. Roth Capital has a $3.50 price target with a “Buy” rating. Zack’s made it very clear, ”no other firm has such an advanced program for peripheral arterial disease or heart failure."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/233027-aastrom-biosciences-gaining-momentum-on-outlook-for-positive-cli-trial-results?source=yahoo

Mark--I dont know--it was a risky play but I think it will be a very very nice hit when all is said and done--these things can fly--i usually dont play them too much and I certainly couldve done much better on an entry point!! but lets let it play out--feel real confidant.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/3/2010  1:21 PM
finally igoi busted back into the 2's--this has me peaked becasue im drenched in the stock and feel its going to be a big time winner.

its one thing making 25 a point and a whole different story making 300+ a point.

RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2010  1:23 PM
IGOIng to retire early?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
11/3/2010  1:35 PM
Andrew wrote:IGOIng to retire early?

Im retired Ill keep doing this until Im dead. Hopefully some of you other dudes can make a nice penny from IGOI--obviously my two main gigs have been GSIT and IGOI holding both for over 2 years without selling a penny and selling no time soon.

RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2010  1:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Im retired Ill keep doing this until Im dead. Hopefully some of you other dudes can make a nice penny from IGOI--obviously my two main gigs have been GSIT and IGOI holding both for over 2 years without selling a penny and selling no time soon.

haha...I know you are retired....I'm talking about me!

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
11/3/2010  2:13 PM
Andrew wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

haha...I know you are retired....I'm talking about me!

Hey that would be great--you would owe me a knish and cream soda:)

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/3/2010  3:32 PM
briggs, the igoi jump today has me pumped! i wish i could have put more into it than i did, but that's what happens when you're young and still trying to make money. i thank you again for all you've done on this thread.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/4/2010  4:16 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Nov 4: IGOI earnings report... I am very, very eager

yesterday felt like Chirstmas eve, hopefully today feels like Christmas morning

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HAUP--trading 1.39

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy