RealGM Knicks Season Preview
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/20/2001  11:35 AM
Another article about Othella:

Soft Touch as Shooter, Soft Touch on Boards.

SAN ANTONIO, Oct. 19 — Knicks forward Othella Harrington has the prettiest post moves on the team: spins, drop steps, hooks. His shot is soft and accurate, and with Marcus Camby and Clarence Weatherspoon missing much of the preseason, he has had ample opportunity to showcase his stuff.

Heading into tonight's game, Harrington was the Knicks' No. 3 scorer in the preseason, averaging 11.8 points in 24.2 minutes and shooting 69 percent from the floor. He struggled tonight against Tim Duncan and David Robinson, managing 5 points and 3 rebounds and shooting 1 for 5 before fouling out in the fourth quarter.

"I've been O.K.," Harrington said. "I'm just doing what I can when my teammates give me the ball."

His weakness has been rebounding. One of several Knicks big men who are not rebounding well, Harrington has averaged 3.8 rebounds a game, or 1.4 fewer than Latrell Sprewell.

Basicly he has proved to be a great scorer, but in order to really star on this team he must rebound. I think he needs to improve his intensity which should come along in time. Thoughts?

Rest of Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/20/sports/basketball/20KNIC.html

[Edited by - knixkik on 10/20/2001 11:37:00]
AUTOADVERT
RealGM Knicks Season Preview

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy