[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wilson Chandler Poll

Author Poll
BasketballJones
Member: #290
USA
What do you think of Wilson Chandler now?
Future Superstar
Future Star
Future Good Player
Future Role Player
View Results

Author Thread
Paladin55
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2098

1/8/2009  1:38 PM
I assume that at some point Chandler will come to understand how much damage he can do to the opposition when he goes to the basket and either scores or draws a foul.

He seems to be a solid defensive player who will only get better when he learns the tendencies of other players and picks up a few tricks from coaches or watching how other effective defensive players do their jobs.

The thing that will make him a good player, and perhaps a borderline all-star is whether or not he develops a consistent outside shot.
No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
AUTOADVERT
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

1/8/2009  1:48 PM
Posted by misterearl:

JrZyHuStLa - allow me to clarify what may be a simple misinterpretation of the two comments. First, I never made a value judgement on whether Kobe deserved to be the man. I was simply stating it from the perspective of measuring the size of his ego.

Second, there is no comparison of Kobe's progress to Chandler's progress either stated or implied. That was your take. For you to label an imagined statement as ridiculous, may indicate more about your reading comprehension.

What I wrote was the followiing, "(Chandler) is statistically even with where Kobe was at the same stage of his career."

That is a fact.

I was comparing The Mayor's (cool) selfless demeanor - to the more individually focused (egotistical) playing personality of Kobe. There was absolutely no claim of The Mayor BEING Kobe, but an assessment based on the theory that as Chandler's personality evolves - his game will also evolve.

Confidence.

Kobe's selfish demeanor is what actually makes him great though. Any superstar has an ego, some show it and some don't.

Chandler's selfless ego is what will actually prevent him from being a star imo. He's too passive, and lacks that killer instinct.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/8/2009  1:48 PM
Palladin - well stated.

Even from the perspective of Campaign Mananger it is difficult to determine whether The Mayor's fluctuating shooting percentages are a by-product of shot selection, adaptation to the D'Antoni system, playing with a point guard who is struggling to find consistency, or simply re-calibrating his range.

To take the three - or not take the three - that is the question.

once a knick always a knick
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/8/2009  1:52 PM
It would be great if he had a legitimate veteran mentor
I just hope that people will like me
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
1/8/2009  1:58 PM
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by misterearl:

JrZyHuStLa - allow me to clarify what may be a simple misinterpretation of the two comments. First, I never made a value judgement on whether Kobe deserved to be the man. I was simply stating it from the perspective of measuring the size of his ego.

Second, there is no comparison of Kobe's progress to Chandler's progress either stated or implied. That was your take. For you to label an imagined statement as ridiculous, may indicate more about your reading comprehension.

What I wrote was the followiing, "(Chandler) is statistically even with where Kobe was at the same stage of his career."

That is a fact.

I was comparing The Mayor's (cool) selfless demeanor - to the more individually focused (egotistical) playing personality of Kobe. There was absolutely no claim of The Mayor BEING Kobe, but an assessment based on the theory that as Chandler's personality evolves - his game will also evolve.

Confidence.

Kobe's selfish demeanor is what actually makes him great though. Any superstar has an ego, some show it and some don't.

Chandler's selfless ego is what will actually prevent him from being a star imo. He's too passive, and lacks that killer instinct.

lol...duke hasnt even played a half-a-season, yet and we're already making proclamations about his career. SMH.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
JrZyHuStLa

1/8/2009  2:05 PM
Posted by sebstar:
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by misterearl:

That is a fact.

Confidence.

lol...duke hasnt even played a half-a-season, yet and we're already making proclamations about his career. SMH.

Neither has Gallo, but I see you bickering about him. Whats your point papi ?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/8/2009  2:46 PM
"He's too passive, and lacks that killer instinct."

JrZyHuStLa - too passive? C'mon, if Chandler was more aggressive you would criticize him for being too selfish or not passing the ball more. The Mayor is exactly where he is suppose to be.

A young man finding his voice, despite the taunts of the impatient mob.

Killer instinct? Killer? And you base this on what exactly? C'mon, even LeBron does not have a "killer" instinct, whatever that piece of outdated, meaningless drivel means. Highly competitive, maybe.

But a killer?

No sale.
once a knick always a knick
sebstar
USA
1/8/2009  2:49 PM
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by sebstar:
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by misterearl:

That is a fact.

Confidence.

Don't make me jump on you right now, son. You think those two players and situations are comparable???? Let's get real for a second.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
JrZyHuStLa

1/8/2009  3:16 PM
Posted by sebstar:
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by sebstar:
Posted by JrZyHuStLa:
Posted by misterearl:

That is a fact.

Confidence.

Don't make me jump on you right now, son. You think those two players and situations are comparable???? Let's get real for a second.

Those situations are comparable. You criticize Gallo who has never played. But when someone makes a comment about Chandler, who has played a lot more, you get all defensive ?

Jump on me, "son".
sebstar
USA
1/8/2009  3:34 PM
. You criticize Gallo who has never played.

LOL.

Wilson Chandler Poll

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy