[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not talked about--but possible---Brook Lopez at 6
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/20/2008  12:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

briggy you watch a lot of UCONN ball.. what did you think of Joe Alexander?

Also look at how he finished the season. This guy is ready to explode. Has star potential

I think hes a great athlete with a very nice mid range jump shot. He had a nice run of games at the right time. I like Joe but at the end of the day I dont think he is very skilled for the 3 position in the NBA. We already have Chandler Balkman Jefferies Q Rich. He might be better as a undersized 4 in uptempo but we already have David Lee for that. He does not have 3 point range and his handle is not at the level of an NBA 3 man. He would be better off drafted by a team like GS who might put him at hybrid 4. He's tough and he plays very hard.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2008  12:58 PM
good assesment.. I agree 100% A couple points though.. he's only played ball for 5 years so he's still got a high ceiling on some of the wing skills. He's improved dramaticly with playing time. He might be the best athlete in the draft and has that play your ass off motor to back it up.

I think he fits as many needs and has a super high ceiling. I just think this team desperatly needs a guy like that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  1:01 PM
you often talk about BPA.. is Lopez going to have a better career than Alexander?
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  1:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

you often talk about BPA.. is Lopez going to have a better career than Alexander?

Lopez has a legit chance to be a 20-10 C. I dont think Alexander is on that level.
RIP Crushalot😞
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
6/20/2008  1:20 PM
BRIGGS, I remember once you said that B. Lopez was one of the few players being drafted lately that could really resemble Tim Duncan a little bit. I admit I have not seen more than youtube videos of his highlights and last workouts, but I have to agree with what you said. He is waaaay more stronger than Frye.

BTW some of you talk about Curtis Borchardt before. Well, he plays in my town and he is a local hero around here in Granada! We all really adore him! Last year we sign him in December and he saved our team. This year he has been injured half season and we barely survived without him. He is one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the Spanish league. Too bad he is injured so often...
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/20/2008  1:27 PM
I'd be less opposed to getting Lopez if we had a deal on the table to move Eddy.

I'd trust our future to Lopez and his work ethic before I'd trust anything with Big Eddy.

I don't like the notion of Curry and Lopez together at all.

If you watch Lopez -- he likes the ball almost exactly where Eddy likes it and his shot selection is almost identical to Eddy except that Eddy shoots the jump hook over his left shoulder and Lopez the jump shot or leaning one-hander over his left shoulder.

If you could draft Lopez and get a decent player and and a top 15 pick for Curry I'd take it.
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  1:41 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

Lopez has a legit chance to be a 20-10 C. I dont think Alexander is on that level.
he wasnt even in that in CBB.. how do you see that? At this point I just gotta disagree with you amigo.. just dont see that

BRIGGS
6/20/2008  2:40 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by fishmike:

he wasnt even in that in CBB.. how do you see that? At this point I just gotta disagree with you amigo.. just dont see that

19.2 8.2 2.1 in 30 minutes

a 35 minute projection

22.4 9.9 2.5

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  2:48 PM
NBA and PAC10 arent the same. Borchard (now in Spain apparently) averaged like 18/11.5 and almost 3 blocks shooting over 55%. I saw Lopez get pushed out of the paint then launch a turnaround fade jumper from 14 feet way to often to think he's going to by anything close to a 20/10 center at this level... but OK. Like I said our opinions just differ here.
King1
Member: #998
USA
6/20/2008  2:49 PM
I dont want a mechanical 46% fg shooter from the soft pac-10. Can you say Jon Koncak
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  2:56 PM
I dunno King... that turn around fade away 15 footer looked very Glen Rice-ish. If it went in the basket every now and then it would look even better.
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  3:25 PM
If this were the Knicks of the 90s the pick would be either Brook Lopez or Kevin Love if OJ Mayo wasnt available. Lopez has tremendous base strength with very long arms and can play 4-5 at a true 7 feet. Tim Duncan can be considered mechanical too and if you had to say a Tim Duncan lite a true compariosn--hes the same size with the same base the same wingspan.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  3:29 PM
love plays with 10x the intensity and motor that Lopez does. If this was the Knicks of the 90s then the 3 guys I want very badly would be who we pick from. Love/Alexander/Westbrook
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  3:32 PM
Posted by fishmike:

love plays with 10x the intensity and motor that Lopez does. If this was the Knicks of the 90s then the 3 guys I want very badly would be who we pick from. Love/Alexander/Westbrook

I dont know if you watched any UCLA-Stanford but there games where darn close. Their stats are darn close. Also it's nice that UCLA has two PG to heklp out and Lopez had another good 7 footer vying for rebounds with him. Take him away bring in a good PG spread the floor and he would be easy 20-10 50%
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  3:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

I dont know if you watched any UCLA-Stanford but there games where darn close. Their stats are darn close. Also it's nice that UCLA has two PG to heklp out and Lopez had another good 7 footer vying for rebounds with him. Take him away bring in a good PG spread the floor and he would be easy 20-10 50%
the twins smothered Love in that game well.. they did a good job taking him out of it and making the guards win the game... mostly because the last time Love beat them pretty good in the post. I also recall him making some great passes to cutting guards out of the post. Even in the 2nd game when they took Love out I was pretty impressed with his motor. I also liked how Love had him getting most of his shots on jump hooks and 15 foot turn arounds. I recall Lopez taking a ton of shots to get his points in those games.

BRIGGS
6/20/2008  3:56 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

the twins smothered Love in that game well.. they did a good job taking him out of it and making the guards win the game... mostly because the last time Love beat them pretty good in the post. I also recall him making some great passes to cutting guards out of the post. Even in the 2nd game when they took Love out I was pretty impressed with his motor. I also liked how Love had him getting most of his shots on jump hooks and 15 foot turn arounds. I recall Lopez taking a ton of shots to get his points in those games.

Lopez has a hitch --what you would call a low release angle for his shot and size but he has pretty good footwork. He runs the floor well for a big man and he has that very strong low base with a very wide wingspan--both huge assets to performing well in the NBA. Big men take a tad longer than smaller players but IF we are not interested in taking what i would call a prospet who needs time--I would take Lopez IF he is even available at 6. It's VERY VERY tough to find a good C/PF at 7feet+ I just dont see the ceiling player if Randolph is not on the table at 6. I like the players but anyone who watched the finals must see what Im saying--they were stacked with good solid big men and they simply roughed other teams up. Lopez can do that but he is also skilled on the offensive end--with his base strength wingspan and size--he should be a very solid rebounder.

If we want to get rid of Curry and Zach--if the NY Knicks are interested in winning basketball games--a big man is a priority.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/31/2015  5:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  5:33 PM
DarkKnicks wrote:BRIGGS, I remember once you said that B. Lopez was one of the few players being drafted lately that could really resemble Tim Duncan a little bit. I admit I have not seen more than youtube videos of his highlights and last workouts, but I have to agree with what you said. He is waaaay more stronger than Frye.

BTW some of you talk about Curtis Borchardt before. Well, he plays in my town and he is a local hero around here in Granada! We all really adore him! Last year we sign him in December and he saved our team. This year he has been injured half season and we barely survived without him. He is one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the Spanish league. Too bad he is injured so often...

Well without the feet problem Lopez was the pick we blew again.Also we could've had a team with Lopez Randolph and D Lee and we would've made the playoffs every year since.

RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE
Member: #5844

1/31/2015  7:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
DarkKnicks wrote:BRIGGS, I remember once you said that B. Lopez was one of the few players being drafted lately that could really resemble Tim Duncan a little bit. I admit I have not seen more than youtube videos of his highlights and last workouts, but I have to agree with what you said. He is waaaay more stronger than Frye.

Well without the feet problem Lopez was the pick we blew again.Also we could've had a team with Lopez Randolph and D Lee and we would've made the playoffs every year since.

You can't say without foot problems and claim victory

Not to mention that team would have been the worst defensive frontcourt maybe ever

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2015  7:43 PM
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Not to mention that team would have been the worst defensive frontcourt maybe ever

Add in Chandler, draft a point in the Hill draft and you have a nice team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

1/31/2015  7:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Add in Chandler, draft a point in the Hill draft and you have a nice team.

Brook refuses to defend, neither did Lee

Brook is lazy, doesn't pass, doesn't block shots, doesn't get back in transition

AR was Gumby Clumsy, how would Bonn put it

That team is more than likely a .450 at best

Because we would have been good enough to not win enough

And not bad enough to have a solid pick

If Brook was Bogut like then maybe, but once again

He's missed a ton of games since 2008, playing 60more career games than Gallo

Although a much better talent isn't saying much

Not talked about--but possible---Brook Lopez at 6

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy