[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not talked about--but possible---Brook Lopez at 6
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/20/2008  11:20 AM
Whatever way you want to shake it--I believe the frontcourt situation is something we have to address because of the unknown variables of Curry and Randolph.

If we drafted Brook and started him next to Curry

that would give us the shotblocking and size in terms of defense to offset the problems that we have with either Curry Lee or Curry randolph.

If we draft Lopez he can play PF with Curry and C with Lee. He is NBA ready and at 7 feet tall gives us that true size at the basket we have been missing. He's been kind of over looked but again I think going big at 6--atleast to me is a priority if we cant get Mayo.

If we started

C-Curry 6-11 280
F-Lopez 7-0 260
F-Q Rich 6-6 240
G-Crawford 6-5 200
G-Marbury 6-2 200
F -Lee 6-9 250
F Chandler 6-8 225
F Jefferies 6-11 240
G Nate-5-9 185
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2008  11:26 AM
No thanks.. assuming we are keeping the pick I want Rose/Beas/Mayo/Alexander/Westbrook/Love

In that order
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/20/2008  11:30 AM
UCK!!!!
~You can't run from who you are.~
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  11:40 AM
Posted by joec32033:

UCK!!!!

Why--he's a very good player who fills a big time need. I guess we just want players going right at our basket? I am becoming opposed to a small player and if they are not interested in developing someone who is not ready--why not take Lopez who fills dire needs and is NBA read in the same top 10 bracket?

We need more SIZE--look at the NBA--Brook was by far the best offensive big man in the country and at 7 feet tall 260 he can bring the shot blocking and size to put next to curry.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
6/20/2008  11:56 AM
I'm hoping that someone ahead of us reaches for Lopez and we get Bayless, Mayo or Love.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/20/2008  12:00 PM
if they draft lopez, i think they should immediately un-retire #33, give to him and make him the captain of the team.
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:01 PM
Briggs its a need thats easier to trade for. Take Westbrook or Alexander.. someone that can be a real core player. Go trade for Tony Battie. If Phili gets Brand maybe you swap Curry for Dalembert.

Briggs.. who do you want? If Mayo, Beas, Rose, Love and Bayless are off the board who would you pick today?
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
6/20/2008  12:04 PM
I prefer Brook Lopez over every combo-guard except Mayo (obviously Beasley and Rose would be the first 2 options but they are out of reach), but it all depends on what we do with Zach/Curry. It makes no sense to have those three together on the roster.
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:08 PM
Lopez has Frye, Curtis Borchard, Jason Collins written all over him. Guy's motor is suspect
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  12:10 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Briggs its a need thats easier to trade for. Take Westbrook or Alexander.. someone that can be a real core player. Go trade for Tony Battie. If Phili gets Brand maybe you swap Curry for Dalembert.

Briggs.. who do you want? If Mayo, Beas, Rose, Love and Bayless are off the board who would you pick today?

If the Knicks are not interested in waiting for anyone who will take developmental time Im beginning to believe that Lopez would be the best pick. Why--because we have very serious question marks upfront with Curry and Randolph. He was higher on my list until we signed dantoni--but if were not going to take Randolph and wait for his devlopment time--imho to COMPETE in the NBA we need a player who can help Eddy Curry or Lee guard the basket. The Boston series showed me we need players who are very big and athletic who can do things. To me it makes much more sense drafting a player who is in the same bracket talent wise as the top 10 but also fills a dire need. We need someone who can help guard the basket. Brook also happens to have a very nice array of offensive skills as well and again --what happens if Curry does NOT come back from the knee surgery well? We play all year with No C? Guaranteed to lose 50 games.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  12:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Lopez has Frye, Curtis Borchard, Jason Collins written all over him. Guy's motor is suspect

Curtis Borchardt was the guy who had stress fractures in his foot and up his leg from college into the time he was drafted.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:19 PM
is losing 50 games bad under those circumstances? Lopez's toughness is questioned. His motor is questioned and worse his desire and love of basetball is questioned.

Knicks have a lot of needs.. thats just one. For a 7'0 260 center with an incredible wingspan he hardly dominated defensively (he was good) and his FG% is dreadful. This guys going to take off on the NBA level? I dont see it.

The need for this team isnt position by position IMO.. its more mental. We are not tough or aggressive. We are the softest team in the league in every facet. Lopez to me is a terrible choice for that reason.

The two guys I am focused on are Westbrook and Alexander. Both have NBA bodies, are elite athletes, are 2 way players and are intense intense intense guys that are going to bring that John StarksSprewell energy this team desperately needs
purple012870
Member: #432
6/20/2008  12:22 PM
Curry is already running. I don't think risk of him coming back is significant.

Wow....this is my 1st Curry email that I refrained from making a sarcastic Curry comment.
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

Curtis Borchardt was the guy who had stress fractures in his foot and up his leg from college into the time he was drafted.
I remember.. he did get healthy w/ Utah though and stunk. Good CBB player though. Better CBB player than Lopez from what I remember. I watched him a bit.. Knicks had KT at center year he was drafted.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/20/2008  12:24 PM
Posted by fishmike:

is losing 50 games bad under those circumstances? Lopez's toughness is questioned. His motor is questioned and worse his desire and love of basetball is questioned.

Knicks have a lot of needs.. thats just one. For a 7'0 260 center with an incredible wingspan he hardly dominated defensively (he was good) and his FG% is dreadful. This guys going to take off on the NBA level? I dont see it.

The need for this team isnt position by position IMO.. its more mental. We are not tough or aggressive. We are the softest team in the league in every facet. Lopez to me is a terrible choice for that reason.

The two guys I am focused on are Westbrook and Alexander. Both have NBA bodies, are elite athletes, are 2 way players and are intense intense intense guys that are going to bring that John StarksSprewell energy this team desperately needs

I agree fish, I don't like lopez at all, what I do want is a two way player who is intense. A guy who does mind getting beat by his man, a guy who does mind losing, a guy who hates being mediocre, a guy who will hold his teamates accountable.... If we could trade down and get both westbrook and alexander, I would call it a draft and go home and light my cigar...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
6/20/2008  12:32 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Who questions his toughness or motor? He looks pretty tough to me. And if were not willing to take somoen who may take time to develop---there are a lot of things he brings to the table we need---especially the intangible of Randolph not being here or Curry not being able to play or continuing to play poorly. This is a big strong skilled kid.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:38 PM
you watch the pac10... cmon man. I think you are overrating him and his NBA potential. His shot selection is Zach like as well. Also if your drafting him on need you put yourself in a position of weakness and your obligated to move Lee/Curry/Zach

You really think he can play next to Curry? NBA PFs will destroy him.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/20/2008  12:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by joec32033:

UCK!!!!

Why--he's a very good player who fills a big time need. I guess we just want players going right at our basket? I am becoming opposed to a small player and if they are not interested in developing someone who is not ready--why not take Lopez who fills dire needs and is NBA read in the same top 10 bracket?

We need more SIZE--look at the NBA--Brook was by far the best offensive big man in the country and at 7 feet tall 260 he can bring the shot blocking and size to put next to curry.

Is he a shotblocker/banger? I got the impression he was more of a finesse guy. I actually would prefer to get his brother who seems more of the type we need.

I also think it is weird to draft the scoring brother for rebounding and defense when the rebounding and defense brother will be cheaper and we can keep our 6 pick and get a better player by buying/trading for a later pick.
~You can't run from who you are.~
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:44 PM
briggy you watch a lot of UCONN ball.. what did you think of Joe Alexander?

Also look at how he finished the season. This guy is ready to explode. Has star potential
fishmike
USA
6/20/2008  12:45 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by joec32033:

UCK!!!!

Is he a shotblocker/banger? I got the impression he was more of a finesse guy. I actually would prefer to get his brother who seems more of the type we need.

I also think it is weird to draft the scoring brother for rebounding and defense when the rebounding and defense brother will be cheaper and we can keep our 6 pick and get a better player by buying/trading for a later pick.
Lopez is good.. he's not a pos but I think he's too slow to be anything more than an NBA role player. How does his FG% translate to the next level?

Not talked about--but possible---Brook Lopez at 6

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy