[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agent signing's
Author Thread
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
7/14/2003  3:26 PM
ARES, if you saw Arenas last year... you wouldn't even recognize him from his college days... totally different game, totally different body... talk about a guy who has emerged.
AUTOADVERT
Pike
7/14/2003  3:29 PM
Tinsley ain't nothing special... overrated and not going to live up to all his inital hype.
ARES
Member: #406
7/14/2003  3:33 PM
pike do you have God's TV

I saw arenas play a bunch of times.

i even saw when he kicked the knicks AZZ.

But one season dont get you 10 million fool.

look at the other guy in this convo, Andre Miller, remember how high he got his Value playing for the lowly Cav's, then the Cavs were like we aint paying you 90 million.

as good as Arenas is he aint even the 10 best in nba at his position so 10 million is out the question if you got a smart gm.

Arenas was damn good in college too so from i see now it doesn't suprise me.

like i said he was the best player on a team where 4 other guys were drafted by the nba.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
7/14/2003  3:35 PM
Tinsley will go this year they gotta let bender go, harrington may be on the way out, THey really should let Ron mercer walk, i know they trying to get rid of croshere.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
Pike
7/14/2003  3:36 PM
The key to a GM's success (with CAP) is making the right player personnel decisions... Pat Riley is about hit the jackpot... Denver and New Orleans are about to make mistakes (Miller, Kandi... P.J. Brown).

JACKPOT, fool!

Pike
7/14/2003  3:39 PM
Posted by ARES:

Tinsley will go this year they gotta let bender go, harrington may be on the way out, THey really should let Ron mercer walk, i know they trying to get rid of croshere.

Everyone wants Harrington and no one wants Croshere. I doubt they let Harrington go... Walsh didn't get stupid over night.
ARES
7/14/2003  3:48 PM
i disagree, you want a pass first guard to play with Anthony and hilario, they also got the overseas cat maybe he will amount to something. you got a guy on the rebound for cheap and still got cap space. Denver is doing it right if they can get these guys to stay you crazy.

the reason i am not killing riley is cause i don't know the paticulars on the money, but arenas,wade butler is not enough, sorry pike denver has a big advantage over miami.
ARES
7/14/2003  3:51 PM
pat riley should look to deal Eddie Jones to the nets, eddie is the type of guy the nets need, and they don't need eddie. i don't know it mutumbo is a free agent after this season if he is i do it to get under eddie's contract.
Pike
7/14/2003  4:00 PM
We'll see... I'm not convinced Kiki is spending his money wisely.
Pike
7/14/2003  4:04 PM
Eddie Jones on the Nets is a real good idea.. they need a more dependable shooter than Kittles.... and EJ would get a ton of open looks on the Nets.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2003  7:37 PM
No one in their right mind would expect Pat Riley to help out the damnedable nets by trading Eddie Jones, especially after Mourning just went to Jersey...

Let's be realistic if but for only a moment. The Heat were at the bottom of the Atlantic last season. They are trying to get back in the mix. The last thing they (or any team with one iota of sense) would do is help the team that happened to make it to the finals get stronger at their expense.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/14/2003  9:14 PM
Talk about Howard, Orlando is looking decent for the upcoming season. Add Howard, Gooden, T-MAC and a healthy Grant Hill (Calvin Hill says Grant will return this season)and Orlando is back in the playoffs and maybe a second round contender.

Howard is a good player who does not relinguish his game regardless of what team he is playing for. The key to Howard is consistency in scoring and rebounding he provides to any team, game in and game out that is often overlooked because of the sizeable salary he commands.

Picking up a healthy Howard at bloomingdale basement price is not a bad pickup for Orlando......where does that leave Reignman ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Pike
7/15/2003  12:48 PM
I beg to differ, Hardcore. Riley is going to do... whatever he has to do to improve the Heat. Just like with the Knicks... (albeit better with the possible arrival of Arenas)... you don't worry about what WalMart (Lakers) and GM (Nets) is doing when you are the Acme Insurance Company.
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
7/15/2003  1:14 PM
If thats the case, why not SPREWELL for MUTOMBO ?? Center issues solved, contracts are the same lengeth !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2003  8:41 PM
Yeah but I could see Riley dealing with a team out west before trading with the nets... I am sure he'd rather see Zo going out west than to a team right in his own division.

As for Spree for Mutdumbo, HELL NO. Let Mutdumbo keep his old raggedy ass right there in jersey. I am glad that other trade for him didn't work last season.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/15/2003  9:24 PM
Hardcore I disagree. Last yr NY was a team that ran and put up a lot of three's and actually led the league in that category. With a Mutumbo you wouldn't have seen opposing teams "CONSTANTLY" coming up our gut and giving us facials with out a hard foul. That's what we had with Ewing, altered shots and rejections. On offense he wouldn't have to be a 20 pt scorer night in and night out, but he could start our break(CHANEY'S PLAN)+ he could keep teams honest with his patened hook shot and off rebs. By having a Mutumbo guys wouldn't be timid to get up into opposing players knowing they could eventually funnel them to Deke. I'm not saying Deke hasn't slowed down a bit , but so has spree. I would make that trade in a heart beat. Starting 5 F.Williams A. Houston S.Anderson KT, DEKE, Sweetney, Eisley, Spoon , Nesby,OFF BENCH.

[Edited by - playa2 on 07/16/2003 07:22:30]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2003  9:59 PM
Okay, playa, I see your logic, but wouldn't you rather have someone a little younger and more durable? Also, If we were one piece from a championship team I might consider Mutumbo a little more seriously. We are still trying to get our foot in the door of the postseason again- Mutumbo would be another quick fix that we don't need.

We gotta think long term.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
7/16/2003  12:21 AM
i agree with hardcoreknicksfan.

can mutombo play an entire game???? let alone an entire season.

i got a question for you playa. name someone on the team who is faster than sprewell?
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
playa2

7/16/2003  7:25 AM
Shandon Anderson is faster than Mewell, you gotta come better than that son.
Prod I got a question for you! Who can play better down low defense on the knicks right now than Mutumbo?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

7/16/2003  7:29 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Okay, playa, I see your logic, but wouldn't you rather have someone a little younger and more durable? Also, If we were one piece from a championship team I might consider Mutumbo a little more seriously. We are still trying to get our foot in the door of the postseason again- Mutumbo would be another quick fix that we don't need.

We gotta think long term.
One problem Hardcore, our policy hasn't changed with Layden so I'm not thinking like i am the gm, I'm speaking for the agenda our management has and that is to make the playoffs. Keeping sprewell benefits who the knicks? How? TOO SMALL TO BE EFFECTIVE FOR THE FRONT COURT AND THAT IS WHERE OUR MAIN WEAKNESS IS. We already thought long term , that's why we picked up F. Williams Lampe and Sweetney, to eventually move out bad wheels Ward, KT and mewell.

[Edited by - playa2 on 07/16/2003 07:31:35]

[Edited by - playa2 on 07/16/2003 07:33:12]
Free Agent signing's

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy