Page 1 of 3  1  2  3 Next
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
nykfan4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #193
6/27/2003  3:22 PM
WTF are the Bucks thinking?

Cassell and Ervin Johnson for Joe Smith and Anthony Peeler?!?!

Joe Smith's deal runs through 2007. Horrible trade for Milwaukee....grea trade for Minnesotta.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/trade_030627.html
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/27/2003  3:42 PM
Maybe that's why TJ Ford was their selection. Absolutely, great deal for T-wolves. Kinda wondering what moves Miami, Chicago and LA Clipps will turn up next
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
6/27/2003  3:45 PM
the bucks don't have any idea what they are doing and nothing minnesota does will help anyway

who do i dislike more? karl or mchale?
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/27/2003  3:47 PM
Looks like a Frederick Weiss move. When Grunfeld was fired his 1st lieutenant, Ed Tapscott, was the acting GM picked Weiss to screw the Knicks. This is definitely a 1-sided deal for the Wolves.

Grunfeld is rumored to go to the Wiz because of the pending sale of the Bucks franchise.

Ernie, Ernie, Ernie.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2003  3:51 PM
Why couldn't we have gotten those two. We could have offered Thomas and Ward and probably gotten away with it. Maybe get Tim Thomas or Desmond Mason and Sprewell involved in the deal as well. Oh well.
prodson
Colombia
6/27/2003  3:57 PM
why would the knicks trade kurt thomas and charlie ward for joe smith and anthony peeler. i don't understand your thinking. underrated kurt for overrated joe smith. end of contract ward for a 2 guard that would not see the light of day in new york

and why do you continue to want to trade latrell sprewell. you don't know you just want to trade him cause it's the "new" thing huh.

you saw what happened when they traded ewing right. okay then so what do you think they are going to get in return got sprewell? danny ferry and kevin willis

but then again you prolly like that trade
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

6/27/2003  4:04 PM
Ewing had the "ROOTS" from Jamacia put on NY that's why the knicks went bad. We want spree gone because before we bring in youngbloods we don't want them catching no cancer symptoms from him. No really he has served his purpose in NY time to move on like vangundy.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Colombia
6/27/2003  4:11 PM
i thought you said young bloods don't mix with new york because the suites can't sell tickets because the fans don't want to watch young bloods because the vets had pride. and then you told me to look at the clippers who have been stocking up on young bloods for years

you got another paint job?
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/27/2003  4:19 PM
And just the other day a yahoo poll caught my eye when Joe made the most disappointing draft selection list of all time.

Hopefully the non-believers can appreciate Layden a little more
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2003  6:18 PM
Posted by prodson:

why would the knicks trade kurt thomas and charlie ward for joe smith and anthony peeler. i don't understand your thinking. underrated kurt for overrated joe smith. end of contract ward for a 2 guard that would not see the light of day in new york

and why do you continue to want to trade latrell sprewell. you don't know you just want to trade him cause it's the "new" thing huh.

you saw what happened when they traded ewing right. okay then so what do you think they are going to get in return got sprewell? danny ferry and kevin willis

but then again you prolly like that trade

I think Knixkik was thinking that the Knicks would recieve the Bucks players, not Wolf scraps.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
killacross
Member: #58
USA
6/27/2003  8:20 PM
Posted by prodson:

the bucks don't have any idea what they are doing and nothing minnesota does will help anyway

who do i dislike more? karl or mchale?

First of all Karl didnt make the trade, it was grunfeld. Second, the bucks made the trade stickly for salary reasons. Peeler has a team option for this year which the bucks will not pick up. This will allow the bucks to remain under the cap and still have a shot at retaining payton (until Kohl sells the team he wants to keep the payroll as low as possible). You could see a cassell trade coming. When grunfeld was interviewed by espn's draft coverage he said that he thought Payton would be a great mentor for ford.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
playa2

6/27/2003  8:51 PM
Prod what i meant was you can't gut NY of it's vets for all young players cmon now , get with the program.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Colombia
6/29/2003  5:03 PM
Posted by martin:

I think Knixkik was thinking that the Knicks would recieve the Bucks players, not Wolf scraps.
oh. okay thanks for clearing that up.
prodson
Colombia
6/29/2003  5:07 PM
Posted by killacross:

First of all Karl didnt make the trade, it was grunfeld. Second, the bucks made the trade stickly for salary reasons. Peeler has a team option for this year which the bucks will not pick up. This will allow the bucks to remain under the cap and still have a shot at retaining payton (until Kohl sells the team he wants to keep the payroll as low as possible). You could see a cassell trade coming. When grunfeld was interviewed by espn's draft coverage he said that he thought Payton would be a great mentor for ford.

SECOND of all i know Karl didn't make the trade. my statement of who did i dislike more...Karl or Mchale is not based on the cassell trade.

i couldn't see a cassell trade coming because i wasn't looking

Third of all i stick by my statement that the Bucks have no idea what they are doing. glenn robinson gone. ray allen gone. now cassell gone.

prodson
Colombia
6/29/2003  5:11 PM
Posted by playa2:

Prod what i meant was you can't gut NY of it's vets for all young players cmon now , get with the program.

of course you can't gut new york of its vets. you can't gut any team of its veterans

i thought you said the knicks brass doesn't want young talent because they only want to sell tickets and the fans won't pay to see young talent develop?

let's be honest any move the knicks make you like don't you

HAHAHAHA
playa2

6/29/2003  6:32 PM
No REALLY I JUST WANT OLD CREW WHO MADE (negative)HEADLINES DISMANTLED and packing like vandummy did. Spree , K.Thomas etc... And the guys just receiving a check too, knight postel types. Bring on the new crew of "POSITIVE" knicks.
Pike
Member: #403
6/30/2003  11:19 AM
Wolves have to make KG happy and this trade should have put a smile on his face. Now Sam has to do his part by staying healthy. Wolves improved immensely without giving up much of anything. I actually like Peeler more than Joe Smith. Anthony is a good role player.
prodson
Colombia
7/8/2003  11:03 AM
Posted by killacross:

killacross remember me.

when i said the Bucks don't know what they are doing... this was your reply to me. the great mentor Payton declined their offer. now make a post acting like you know what you're talking about. cassell is gone. grunfeld is gone. payton is gone. your theory is gone too it just flew out the window

Pike
Member: #403
7/8/2003  11:56 AM
haha... Bucks = last years Cleveland Cavaliers... MJ gone too...
prodson
Colombia
7/8/2003  12:13 PM
i forgot about MJ. but since you spoke on him...have you seen how

lately the "new" thing has been to rip MJ by claiming that he stopped the Wizards youth from developing.

he drafted these players and acquired them but he supposedly were against their developing. that is what they would have you to beleive???

he should be given a purple heart for getting rid of richmond, strickland and howard ALONE. HAHAHA you feel me

-jerry "shoot first ask questions later" stackhouse was all of a sudden a credible team player
-kwame was the nba's version of david copperfield
-jared got hurt but i do remember him taking a starting spot midway thru the season
-dixon played
-haywood played

why do people love to build up a sports figure and then turn around and tear that person down. i never understood it.

Page 1 of 3  1  2  3 Next
Topic LOCKED
Cassell sent to the Timberwolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy