[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Im pretty much sold now on Badiane from everything I have read.
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/9/2003  3:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

then you didnt do your homework on Sweetney or Brand. Brand's knock was he's be too short at the next level, and didnt have the athletecism to compensate. Sweetney has a wingspan of 7'2 and "amazing hands."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6017406.htm

look at some of his games against teams with long more athletic defenders in the post:
Syracuse:
32 points 13 rebs 7 blocks
31 points 19 rebs 7 blocks

his worse game against a bigtime team was Duke:
23 points 6 rebs 2 blocks
before fouling out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=389

Do your Homework, Brand was the #1 overall pick, so those are not the same concerns that they have with sweetney. Brand was a proven Winner, and dominated VS tougher competition, not just 2 games... Yea Brand was undersized but he has tremendously long arms, Post moves, and contrary to that BS scouting report is a very good athlete... And if the knock was that he would not be good at the next level, then it probably came from teams that wanted him drafting below the bulls hoping he drops....haha.. No way would a guy with that knock go #1!!!!

If you are comparing sweetney to that then you haven't done your homework because Sweetney is barely projected as a lottery pick...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/9/2003  3:45 PM
Sweetney didnt have two good games....they were all good. 23/10/3 is dominating numbers no matter how you look at it. Brand was also in one of the best drafts in the last 10 years.

My point is people like to write off Sweetney because he's two inches too short, and to me that just doesnt make any sense, especially when you have the kind of wingspan he has. He's not a juco player here....he got those #s at Georgetown.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/9/2003  4:23 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Sweetney didnt have two good games....they were all good. 23/10/3 is dominating numbers no matter how you look at it. Brand was also in one of the best drafts in the last 10 years.

My point is people like to write off Sweetney because he's two inches too short, and to me that just doesnt make any sense, especially when you have the kind of wingspan he has. He's not a juco player here....he got those #s at Georgetown.

Thats not saying much. College NCCAA might as be like JUCO these days. I have no problem with taking the best talent available. Lets face it the KNicks have to take a center. If they take any other type of player they are just compounding their mistakes. If they draft Sweetney you think they will give him run over the veteran I don't think so. There are a lot of people on this board and other boards that think if he can win the job its his but the Knicks have never been like that. They don't trust rookies. If they take a center they may have to give him run because they are severely lacking in that department. This move will allow them to move KT back to PF position. Dice I think will never get back so I'm going to forget him. This team doesn't have good balance they need to get the balance and sometimes you take a player based on position. Besides copmpare Kaman's numbers with Sweetney's you will see hoe similar they are but one is a center so why not take the center.
fishmike
USA
6/9/2003  4:37 PM
I think Kaman's a great pick...A few days ago I was argueing that point as most labeled him a big white stiff, or Doleac clone.
Vmart
USA
6/10/2003  9:39 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I think Kaman's a great pick...A few days ago I was argueing that point as most labeled him a big white stiff, or Doleac clone.

People get caught up in the color thing when the only colour that really matters is the colour of the uniform the basketball and the rim. Other than that I'll take any player based on talent. Kaman is talented and to get him at the 9th pick would be a blessing for the KNicks. 7'1'' 260 lbs. He has post moves can take a player off the dribble to get to the hoop. He is a good shot blocker rebounder and he shot 63% from the floor last year in college. I'm not afraid to say it but he might be the most polished big man coming in to the league since Tim Duncan. I'm not saying he a Duncan clone but if you think about it he is the most polished center to come into the league since tim Duncan because there hasn't been one since Tim Duncan.
knixphan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #258
Switzerland
6/10/2003  1:28 PM
I'm with Vmart...Center is what the current Knicks have to go with, considering this is 'Houston's' team. We are still 'Win now', even if it sounds ludicrous...so we must get the center in there. And in my opinion, not just one, but two!

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Vmart
USA
6/10/2003  1:38 PM
Posted by knixphan:

I'm with Vmart...Center is what the current Knicks have to go with, considering this is 'Houston's' team. We are still 'Win now', even if it sounds ludicrous...so we must get the center in there. And in my opinion, not just one, but two!

The perfect draft senario for me would be if Pavel dropped to the Knicks. If that doesn't happen I am perfectly happy with Kaman. With the other picks I would target Badaine, Outlaw, Walton. Two very young players with a lot of upside and Walton I like the fact he is a team player and can find the open man consistently, good understanding of the game. Smart player. You get a center a pf and two small forwards I think Outlaw can be a t-mac type player one day and be able to play sg. Add Vujanic to the mix and you have a new core fopr the present and the future.
fishmike
USA
6/10/2003  3:06 PM
Kaman would be a dream, and worth trading up for IMHO (use the #30).

I dont think he will be a star, but all the scouts say he will be very good. Someone like Kandi, Divac, Brad Miller....just very good. We need young, cheap players like that.
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
6/10/2003  3:32 PM
Geez... I think I finally get it... most of the people here (before the Usual Suspects arrived) are desperately trying to grasp onto something positive in their effort to be remain optimistic about this team.

I feel sorry for you, fellas.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/10/2003  3:44 PM
I hope you guys are right about Kaman,I mean all of a sudden it seems like a Kaman love fest in here... Unfortunately I do not share in your enthusiam about Kaman, I think he will be no better than divac or kandi, but that remains to be seen....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
USA
6/10/2003  4:21 PM
Posted by tkf:

I hope you guys are right about Kaman,I mean all of a sudden it seems like a Kaman love fest in here... Unfortunately I do not share in your enthusiam about Kaman, I think he will be no better than divac or kandi, but that remains to be seen....

Those guys you mentioned are better than what they have now. Kaman is going to be a good player in the league for a long time. He has skills for a big man. I think he may be the best center that NCAA has produced since Duncan. You would be hard presed to find another center produced that is that skilled since Duncan. He averaged 23 point 12 rebounds and 3+ blocks a game and 63% shooting. I could careless if he can't play past 15 feet from the rim I want him on the blocks where he is the most effective.
Im pretty much sold now on Badiane from everything I have read.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy