[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/6/2007  12:53 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I guess locking a topic doesn't really work!

newyorknewyork, I like what you posted.

Thanks.
Now that's more like it. These are fair concerns and I can agree with some and disagree with other points, but I don't get the sense that you hate the team or wish them to do poorly or any of that other crap that seems to permeate this forum. In a perfect world, we would have a Defensive and Rebounding force at Center, to go along with a PF like Zach, but with more D. The thing is tho, that you can only really name a few select guys who fit that description and very few of them are on the same team. San Antonio, Detroit when they had Ben, Boston with KG and Perkins is somewhat like that IMO. You could include Miami with Shaq and Haslem, tho I wouldn't go crazy about that tandem. What we have isn't bad in comparison, even if they're not prototypical. I would say that they're still pretty effective and we have other players to help fill in some of the gaps. It's hard to make much of a case that we could've gotten better players. WHO? Exactly HOW were we supposed to get these rare players who fit the description of a prototypical C and PF, since that's basically what we'd be looking for.

In my post I wasn't talking about who we should have gotten over Eddie Curry or Randolph. I was saying IF Curry & Randolph don't work out. I would like them to swap Curry with a young defensive, shotblocking, rebounding, defensive anchor at center. Or a veteran one and a draft pick or something. Again this is all based off IF Curry & Randolph don't workout together.

Yes there is potential to form something nice with a lot of these players. But Is Isiah the man to balance the roster? Which in turn could get the most out of each player since they would each have definded roles. I don't know. The fact that he is even considering cutting Nichols, but yet is willing to hang on to Jerome James speaks volumes.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
10/6/2007  5:35 PM
In my post I wasn't talking about who we should have gotten over Eddie Curry or Randolph. I was saying IF Curry & Randolph don't work out. I would like them to swap Curry with a young defensive, shotblocking, rebounding, defensive anchor at center.

Your talking about a Duncan. Knick fans don't dream that big. To most, it seems especially on this board, Isiah is the best there ever was.
I'll never trust this' team again.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
10/6/2007  6:48 PM
Posted by oohah:
oohah

excellent excellent post.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/6/2007  7:10 PM
Posted by 4949:
In my post I wasn't talking about who we should have gotten over Eddie Curry or Randolph. I was saying IF Curry & Randolph don't work out. I would like them to swap Curry with a young defensive, shotblocking, rebounding, defensive anchor at center.

Your talking about a Duncan. Knick fans don't dream that big. To most, it seems especially on this board, Isiah is the best there ever was.

Why exaggerate? None of us have ever held Isiah out to be the best. I've even said that he's a lousy GM but that doesn't mean that his overall plan isn't going to work. He's just not a very good exec. IMO he's still done a good job of putting a roster together that has the potential to win big in this league. I think this team has the kind of talent to win in this league and i don't think it's off base to expect more wins this year and into the future.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/6/2007  7:19 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by 4949:

Why exaggerate? None of us have ever held Isiah out to be the best. I've even said that he's a lousy GM but that doesn't mean that his overall plan isn't going to work. He's just not a very good exec. IMO he's still done a good job of putting a roster together that has the potential to win big in this league. I think this team has the kind of talent to win in this league and i don't think it's off base to expect more wins this year and into the future.
I definitely don't remember you ever saying he's a lousy GM before. I must have missed that. If he's lousy, do you think he should be fired? Why keep someone who is lousy?
Member: #1126
USA
10/6/2007  7:43 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by 4949:

None of us? Go look around. We'll see what happens when the season is well underway.
I'll never trust this' team again.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
10/6/2007  8:20 PM
I have 7 words that will burn the haters souls. The Knicks are going to the playoffs.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
10/6/2007  8:25 PM
oohah - what you said

Cookdcokehop - word
once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
USA
10/6/2007  8:53 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I have 7 words that will burn the haters souls. The Knicks are going to the playoffs.
You forgot the next seven words...
"...at least once between now and 2042!"
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
10/6/2007  9:43 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I think just one word would suffice: "eventually".
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/6/2007  10:21 PM
Posted by nixluva:

I think this team has the kind of talent to win in this league and i don't think it's off base to expect more wins this year and into the future.

What talent are you referring to specifically? Can you list the defensive/turnover/shooting liabilities in our starting lineup?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
USA
10/7/2007  7:53 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I think just one word would suffice: "eventually".
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!
Papabear
Member: #1414

10/7/2007  1:20 PM
Papabear Says

The clock is ticking and I can't wait till this Monday to see thier first test. About 29 more hours to go. WOW!!!

Papabear
Papabear
Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy