[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2007  11:43 AM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

The acquisition of Zach Randolph. David Lee's huge season last yr and him getting even better over the summer also trying to perfect the 15 ft jumpshot. Eddy Curry showing a commitment to basketball by losing 20 lbs. Marbury in the best shape he has ever been in years. Crawford FINALLY putting on some muscle. Nate, Balkman, and Jeffries being gym rats for the whole summer. Quentin Richardson 100% healthy.

Most of those are just speculation. Prove it on the court. Zach Randolph has a good chance of being an utter disaster. Q is not healthy until proven otherwise. Lee may not play enough since Zach is in front of him. Sorry, no dice.
THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS WRONG AROUND HERE!!!

Last year this team was beginning to show signs of improvement and it was visible to all. Now we can see that this team is coming into this year in better shape, more confident, with a sense of direction and even MORE TALENT!!! I think it's reasonable to assume that we could expect the team to make some small improvement even if it had stayed primarily the same, but now we've added the type of player that is rare to find in this league. A guy with 20/10 skills and a ton of confidence and aggressiveness. In a league where the talent is very close from team to team, often it only takes one really good player to make the difference for a team. That's reason enough to at least be "optimistic". No one is saying you have to feel this team is a LOCK to be a ECF team. But as a fan you would think that it wouldn't be so hard to admit that this team has a good chance to be much improved this year.

It's the failure of many here to even give that much credit to this team, that has some of us shaking our heads. OF course the team has to prove it on the court. That's not some profound stance you're taking. We all have to see the team actually win games. The thing is tho, that there's a lot of good reasons to be optimistic that we'll see the team do that this year. So it's hard to understand the overtly negative take many of you have. The really nasty comments and jokes about a team that could easily be one of the better teams in the East this year. It's one thing to have legit concerns, but you guys take it WAY TOO FAR! It's like a bunch of Celtic fans have invaded this forum, the way you guys take delight in bashing the team. It's really sad. Differing opinion and legit criticism I can deal with, but that's not what were talking about here.

Zach is reason 1 to be optimistic.
Curry showing more commitment.
Lee not being traded was a good thing for this team. As for finding minutes. I think Isiah will find the minutes for him.
Jamal coming in stronger.
Steph coming in fitter.
Q coming back in better shape and as far as we know relatively pain free.
2nd year under the same coach and system
Starting the year with Chemistry and an Identity established as opposed to last year.
More of the key players have some NBA experience as opposed to the last 2 years when we were playing Rooks for significant mins. Now Lee, Nate, Balk & Mardy all have some NBA experience and should be better.

NIx and other lovahs,

Your points are good but INTANGABLE. The record speaks for itself. Every year under Isiah we have the positive intangables that just don't add up to results.

You claim more talent, but more under Isiah we have increased our talent every year.

the whole larry thing was bringing in a tough minded guy who could not even begin to mold that collection into a tangable result.

Isiah did better, but really the team still doe not play as a team to its talent potential.

So we bitch and moan about all the things he does wrong.

I am embarrased to have doubled the salary cap each year and be the laughing stock of the professional sports world!

As a fan i hate because I care. The games are the only thing that matter and after last season and this off season there is no reason to cheer a thing. ITs not jumping on the bandwagon if they should win because we never jumped off! We want a team to be proud of.

ANd we don't have that yet!

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/5/2007  11:50 AM
You say tomato, I say I have a realistic opinion regarding the team's outlook.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

10/5/2007  12:20 PM
Posted by islesfan:

All I know it, I was hating first. Everyone else is just copying me.

At least give me credit for being original.

But I'm hated most for being a Hater.
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/5/2007  12:26 PM
Actually was watching Rangers season opener yesterday.
I saw the power and I saw the characters – on the ice and behind the bench.
And I saw the 18000+ fans being OPTIMISTIC - ALL OF THEM
And I saw the WIN.

I am waiting for Knicks to follow. And I want them to start cleaning the MESS.
Before they do this - I am HATER.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
10/5/2007  12:28 PM
Lee not being traded was a good thing for this team. As for finding minutes. I think Isiah will find the minutes for him.
Steph coming in fitter.
Starting the year with Chemistry and an Identity established as opposed to last year.
More of the key players have some NBA experience as opposed to the last 2 years when we were playing Rooks for significant mins. Now Lee, Nate, Balk & Mardy all have some NBA experience and should be better.

This is all nice.
But will all of this be a waste of life again?
Seeing is believing

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
10/5/2007  12:48 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

The acquisition of Zach Randolph. David Lee's huge season last yr and him getting even better over the summer also trying to perfect the 15 ft jumpshot. Eddy Curry showing a commitment to basketball by losing 20 lbs. Marbury in the best shape he has ever been in years. Crawford FINALLY putting on some muscle. Nate, Balkman, and Jeffries being gym rats for the whole summer. Quentin Richardson 100% healthy.

Most of those are just speculation. Prove it on the court. Zach Randolph has a good chance of being an utter disaster. Q is not healthy until proven otherwise. Lee may not play enough since Zach is in front of him. Sorry, no dice.
THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS WRONG AROUND HERE!!!

Last year this team was beginning to show signs of improvement and it was visible to all. Now we can see that this team is coming into this year in better shape, more confident, with a sense of direction and even MORE TALENT!!! I think it's reasonable to assume that we could expect the team to make some small improvement even if it had stayed primarily the same, but now we've added the type of player that is rare to find in this league. A guy with 20/10 skills and a ton of confidence and aggressiveness. In a league where the talent is very close from team to team, often it only takes one really good player to make the difference for a team. That's reason enough to at least be "optimistic". No one is saying you have to feel this team is a LOCK to be a ECF team. But as a fan you would think that it wouldn't be so hard to admit that this team has a good chance to be much improved this year.

It's the failure of many here to even give that much credit to this team, that has some of us shaking our heads. OF course the team has to prove it on the court. That's not some profound stance you're taking. We all have to see the team actually win games. The thing is tho, that there's a lot of good reasons to be optimistic that we'll see the team do that this year. So it's hard to understand the overtly negative take many of you have. The really nasty comments and jokes about a team that could easily be one of the better teams in the East this year. It's one thing to have legit concerns, but you guys take it WAY TOO FAR! It's like a bunch of Celtic fans have invaded this forum, the way you guys take delight in bashing the team. It's really sad. Differing opinion and legit criticism I can deal with, but that's not what were talking about here.

Steph coming in fitter.

Wrong again. All speculation, no tangible results. PROVE IT ON THE COURT! Why is that so hard to understand?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/5/2007  12:51 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by islesfan:

No you're not.

Trust me, I locked up that title a long time ago.

When people think Hater on this board, they think of me.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
10/5/2007  12:52 PM
Posted by Panos:

Oh, and another thing...
I've met at least 15 people from this site, and none of them were fat.

Yes, some of us are white. What's your point? Got a problem with that? Blow me.

We haven't met, have we?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
10/5/2007  12:55 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by islesfan:

No you're not.

People like you (mostly because a lot of them secretly agree -- I won't name names). I may be the most hated. I get no appreciation... except from Bippity.
islesfan
10/5/2007  12:58 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by islesfan:

No you're not.

People like you (mostly because a lot of them secretly agree -- I won't name names). I may be the most hated. I get no appreciation... except from Bippity.

I don't mean by shear volume. Obviously a lot of people have come over to my side over the years. But when it comes to the Lovers, and the people I've run from the board, I'm easily the one they hate the most.

That's what I'm most proud of.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2007  1:00 PM
sometime i wish i was a fat white guy.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/5/2007  1:15 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Panos:

Oh, and another thing...

Yo suck my dick bitch. I said it as a ****ing joke. If you gonna be a ***** and take it to heart then do that. I'm not white or fat. I got nothing against fat white guys that post on this site 24/7 365. Thats just not me. And who gives a rat's ass how many ppl you met on ultimateknicks.com? Does that make you cool that you meet your fellow posters? LMAO Fucking lame. Focus on the Knicks bitch.

It doesnt make me cool, no. I'm cool for lots of other reasons that I have no need to relate to you. If you make a racist remark, expect to get called out on it. Even if it is against white people. Its a two way street. This ain't the site for you to declare your prejudices.
Cookdcokehop
Member: #880
USA
10/5/2007  1:18 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Panos:

Oh, and another thing...

Yo suck my dick bitch. I said it as a ****ing joke. If you gonna be a ***** and take it to heart then do that. I'm not white or fat. I got nothing against fat white guys that post on this site 24/7 365. Thats just not me. And who gives a rat's ass how many ppl you met on ultimateknicks.com? Does that make you cool that you meet your fellow posters? LMAO Fucking lame. Focus on the Knicks bitch.

It doesnt make me cool, no. I'm cool for lots of other reasons that I have no need to relate to you. If you make a racist remark, expect to get called out on it. Even if it is against white people. Its a two way street. This ain't the site for you to declare your prejudices.

So Panos if i say "white people" I am racist? If you look at my second post in this forum,

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/5/2007  1:22 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Yall dudes don't see positive light on anything. The glass is always half empty for you. You starting to sound like miserable old men ( some of you in here are) that can't get it up any more...and quite frankly that **** is getting annoying. If it's not bashing Marbury sudden religious turnaround then its bashing Curry's physique. Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs. Crawford even gained 20 lbs and instead of "the extra muscle will help with his driving" I hear " that muscle might slow him down". Fucking ridiculous. Yall aint ultimate knicks fans. Yall sound more like my roommate (Lakers fan).

"Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs."
Don't tell me that wasn't intended to be an insult. So yes, referring to somebody's race in a derogatory way is racist.
Man up. Now your a racist and a revisionist coward.

Cookdcokehop
Member: #880
USA
10/5/2007  1:31 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Yall dudes don't see positive light on anything. The glass is always half empty for you. You starting to sound like miserable old men ( some of you in here are) that can't get it up any more...and quite frankly that **** is getting annoying. If it's not bashing Marbury sudden religious turnaround then its bashing Curry's physique. Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs. Crawford even gained 20 lbs and instead of "the extra muscle will help with his driving" I hear " that muscle might slow him down". Fucking ridiculous. Yall aint ultimate knicks fans. Yall sound more like my roommate (Lakers fan).

"Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs."
Don't tell me that wasn't intended to be an insult. So yes, referring to somebody's race in a derogatory way is racist.
Man up. Now your a racist and a revisionist coward.

I am not going to entertain your arguement because I clearly stated nothing I said was meant to offend anyone. I got white friends that I make fun of. As well as spanish, black, asian, indian, etc. I speak my mind, but if you honestly feel offended by my remarks then I apologize Panos
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2007  1:37 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nixluva:

Steph coming in fitter.
Wrong again. All speculation, no tangible results. PROVE IT ON THE COURT! Why is that so hard to understand?
I already said that we all understand the team has to prove it on the court. That's not the issue here. The problem as i see it is that there's more of willingness to discredit any possible positives, which if it is another team we're talking about, then you all give that team the benefit of the doubt. This even for teams that are just as big losers as the Knicks have been. This shows a level of disdain for our team that is out of wack.

We do have valid reasons to be optimistic and if you just look at what's been going on around here it's not hard to understand some of the losing. When LB came in it wasn't expected that the team would miraculously win from day one. We did expect that he'd eventually have a positive effect on the team and give it direction. LB didn't decide to do that, but sabotaged Isiah and the team and tried a power play. This set the teams progress back a year. Even if you disagree with my assessment of LB's actions, you have to agree that it did set the team back, since it didn't develop anything in that season.

Then you have last year, which admittedly could've been better, but you could see the glimmer of hope. You could see that this team has a chance to be really good if they make some realitively minor improvements in a few areas. We're not talking about a team that goes into games with little or no chance. This team was competitive but often killed itself with mistakes. Some of that was due to inexperience, some due to a lack of development and some just plain lack of execution. Still if you're watching you can see that this team isn't that far off from being able to put things together. It's TO's and Perimeter D for the most part. Just making improvement in those 2 areas should make a HUGE difference for this team.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/5/2007  2:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with fans bashing the team showing there displeasure with all the losing. But its when people have to go out of there way to spin comments & quotes, post only one half of a comment or quote and hide the other part. Purposly creating misleading thread titles. Thats just pathetic to me in my eyes. There really is no need for that type of garbage. All you have to do is spit the facts. Isiah has spent a lot of money since he has become GM. Isiah has lost more than he has won.

There are fans that go out of there way to only post negative articles they find yet allways seem to miss the positive articles that are out there. Just like there are posters that only post positive articles and seem to miss all the negative articles out there. Basicallly only posting what they agree with and stay away from any other opinion that doesn't agree with theres. The definition of close minded.

Forgetting about the past. Going from what we have right now.

Looking at our roster Curry, Randolph, Richardson, Crawford, Marbury, Lee, Balkman, Nate, Collins, Chandler, Nichols, Rose, Morris, Jordan, Jones, James, Jefferies, the 2 free agent pick ups that probably don't make the team. Then looking at our cap situation for 07/08, 88.9mil, 1 expiring contract, 33mil over the salary cap, 33mil in lux tax. I think we could have a good situation. But I don't know if Isiah is the man to make it happen. He is to caught up in adding big names than forming a team with balance and an identity. There is some dead weight that needs to be cut like James & Rose. I would say that there is some tinkering that needs to be done in order to balance the roster. I want to see how Curry & Randolph play first, and how Crawford handles his new weight. Id prefer more rebounding, shotblocking, defensive anchor from the center position as well as a center that gets his pts without plays drawn for him. Hopefully Curry steps up or me personaly I would like to swap him for a young center who could do those things to put him with Randolph who can score a lot in the post. And pure SG who shoots at a better %, and more of a catch and shoot shooter.

If Curry & Randolph do work out well together as a scoring combo. Even if Curry doesn't develop his rebounding & shotblocking. Then around them has to be very good outside shooters to open up space for them. I like Nichols & Chandler, I think they will be good players for our future. Balkman & Lee are good for dirty work and hustle. I wonder though if Chandler has any ability to play the 2 though. Nate can nail 3s and score pts in bunches, Collins has good ability to create for the bigs and is good at stopping penitration. Richardson also would be a keeper for his 2 way ability and leadership. I think if you could add a very good PG to that core as well as a maybe a defensive, shotblocking, rebounding role playing big. We could develop into a very good team in the future. The question is, is Isiah the man to make that happen?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
10/5/2007  2:27 PM
Hey! How come you guys are able to post to a locked topic?
https:// It's not so hard.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/5/2007  2:29 PM
I guess locking a topic doesn't really work!

newyorknewyork, I like what you posted.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
islesfan
10/5/2007  2:29 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

Hey! How come you guys are able to post to a locked topic?

You're not a VIP member. i.e. paid membership.
Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy