Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/1/2007  8:41 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by BigC:

If Ward keeps on playing like this then he will remain a starter.
I just heard hes been a Giant for 4 years? wtf? Where was he?

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 09-30-2007 9:39 PM]

He was hurt all last year, but he was a big contributor in 2005 on kick returns and also as Tiki's primary backup (non-short yardage).

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/1/2007  9:00 AM
Osi Osi Osi Oy Oy Oy
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/1/2007  11:12 AM
Posted by SupremeCommander:

The Giants make no sense to me. Every season I write them completely off, they get their **** together and look lie a legitimate team. I need to start each season expecting them to suck and maybe then they'll turn into a dynasty.

for real, they look like a completely different team from the 1st 2 weeks of the season... i can't believe how dominant they looked vs the Eagles, albeit they were undermanned, but that's life in the NFL... Osi was a man possessed last night... i love what Spagnuolo is now doing w/Kiwa also, lining him up w/the D lineman where he's more comfortable & running stunts w/the DE's & DT's... then he's got Pierce or Ross blitzing up the middle or from the blind side... i guess it took a couple weeks for these guys to finally get the system... hopefully this is the team we'll see for the rest of the year & not the pathetic team we saw in the 1st 2.

12 sacks, Osi with 6 of them! New record for a D-Lineman & ties NFL team record for a single game.

McNabb's gonna be having nightmares of this for the next 2 weeks.

[Edited by - TMS on 10-01-2007 11:53 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/1/2007  9:39 PM
This game reminded me of last years Cowboys game where I thought the Giants Defense was about to click and spladow injuries to Arrington, Osi and Tuck it was down hill after that even though the giants won. Lets hope the Giants are relatively injury free because if the defense is somewhat healthy they can really do damage.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/7/2007  2:27 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by BigC:

If Ward keeps on playing like this then he will remain a starter.
I just heard hes been a Giant for 4 years? wtf? Where was he?

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 09-30-2007 9:39 PM]

He was hurt all last year, but he was a big contributor in 2005 on kick returns and also as Tiki's primary backup (non-short yardage).
Games like today really piss me off. The running game was obviously working. They couldn't stop jacobs or ward. Why were they looking to pass today? WTF man? Why not just keep running.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Silverfuel
USA
10/7/2007  2:28 PM
OH FUCK ME! Fucking interception right before the half. GREAT. JUST MOTHERFUCKING GREAT!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/7/2007  3:07 PM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
10/7/2007  3:37 PM
Posted by islesfan:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

HAHAHA!!! Plax just sonned your secondary.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/7/2007  3:57 PM
J-E-T-S Just End The Season
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
eViL
USA
10/7/2007  3:57 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by islesfan:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Where you at Isles? You see that INT TD Return?
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
blueNorange
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1413
USA
10/7/2007  4:01 PM
Why wasn't Ross starting since week 1??

Good to have a CB who's ... well ... good!
some Knick fans accept mediocrity as excellence .... I don't!
TMS
USA
10/8/2007  9:00 AM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by islesfan:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Plaxico's just a freak! that was an awesome stiff arm... hahaha.

great comeback win in the 2nd half by this team... i can't believe how bad they can look 1 half & how good they can look in another... i guess this is how this team is going to play this year... let's hope it's enough to get them into the playoffs... they have a favorable schedule the next 3 weeks... if all goes well we can be 6-2 heading into the bye week before the schedule gets tough facing DAL again.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/8/2007  4:41 PM
The big thing from yesterday's game is that the Giants of previous years would've folded after giving up an fumble return and kick return for a TD. That had the classic makings of a trap game, but they escaped it.

Giants plan was to stop the run and see if they could lure Chad into throwing deep where they could pick off some of those passes hanging there. Madison and Ross came up with some real nice picks. Ross is impressive. He looked lost in preseason and now has become a real playmaker in the secondary.

Plax has caught a TD in every game so far. Really impressive considering he hasnt practiced in 3 weeks with his ankle injury. He seems more mature and focused this year. When he's on his game there really isnt anyone other than Moss that can physically dominate the way he does out there.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
10/15/2007  2:37 PM
man, i hope they don't screw up tonight. they have a habit of beating teams they shouldn't and losing against teams they should beat. if they win tonight, they are doing better than i give them credit for. spag's defensive scheme is working for the most part and against atlanta it should be devastating. however, anything can happen.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/15/2007  2:39 PM
martin, andrew - can we unsticky this thread? the giants stink.
eViL
USA
10/15/2007  2:42 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

martin, andrew - can we unsticky this thread? the giants stink.

HAHA!! Poor 'Skins fan. Sucks you guys lost yesterday... HAHAHAHA!!!

On that note, I really hope the GIANTS don't fall into the trap tonight. Let's go GIANTS!!!
TMS
USA
10/15/2007  3:04 PM
word, tonight is 1 of those classic letdown games that these Giants have fallen victim to every year under Coughlin... if they go out & handle their binness tonight the way they should & beat the Falcons handily, they'll show me that maybe they've taken that next step towards becoming a legit contending team in this league... otherwise, if they come out flat & take the Falcons lightly & let them steal the game, then it'll be the same o' same o' with this group.

GO GIANTS! 1 game away from 1st place after tonight!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/16/2007  1:15 AM
Great win... while Manning played very well, his two INTs concern me. The first was at the end of the first half, while he was trying to force the action. The second was when he was airing it up to Toomer one on one deep. Normally, that's not an issue but when the defender has the WR pinned against the sideline, it is. Basically, Manning had a great game but made two huge mistakes. I'm beginning to get concerned that he's never going to take that next step.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TMS
USA
10/16/2007  1:50 AM
agreed about the INT's, but you gotta be pleased w/the way he led the team right down the field to score the first TD, then right back down again for the second after ATL's Norwood broke off that huge run to take the lead in the 1st quarter... that really took the wind out of the Falcons sails right there & grabbed the momentum back to our side... i was really impressed by the quick reads he was making all game long... whether that was due to the pisspoor ATL pass coverage, or if it was Eli maturing as a QB, or maybe a little of both... all those dropped passes by the Falcons recievers helped out a little too.

either way, i love the way the O-Line played today, giving Eli a nice pocket to throw out of all game long & keeping the pressure to a minimum while opening up nice running lanes for our running backs trio... we got a nice deep backfield now that Droughns is starting to see some more action like i've been asking for... nice win against a team they should have beaten... now let's see if they can keep the ball rolling & get #5 in a row next weekend vs. the 49ers at home... DAL plays a pretty tough Vikings team w/their stud rook, Adrian Peterson running all over the place... good chance to tie for 1st place for the G-Men.
Silverfuel
USA
10/16/2007  9:02 AM
Good game for the Giants all around. I know it was only the Falcons but we would have lost games like these in the past.
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy