[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/9/2017  12:17 PM
Well, we're now going to be 3 years overdue... So much for all the pre-game hype this secondary was getting.
Eli NTC, can we draft a QB next year? Or is this it until 2020?

OBJ slamming his head into a wall. I wonder if that will help him next season?

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/18/2017  3:08 PM
We need a "Save the Whales!" draft. 1st 3 rounds should be 2 OL and 1 TE.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/24/2017  12:43 PM
NYKBocker wrote:We need a "Save the Whales!" draft. 1st 3 rounds should be 2 OL and 1 TE.

I couldn't agree more... last year's draft went well but if I remember correctly it was the first time in Giants history they didn't draft OL/DL

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

2/16/2017  3:16 PM
Adrian Peterson thinks he might get cut by the Vikings and if he does he's saying he'd like to go to NY... this is a most welcomed distraction from the drudgery that is New York Knicks basketball
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/20/2017  9:57 PM
Jrod, please tell me you didn't buy one of Eli's signed fake game used helmets. If his name is spelled right, get your money back. Its a fake!
NYKBocker
USA
4/24/2017  11:46 AM
Just saw film on Jarrad Davis LB from Florida. I would be happy with this pick at 23.

SupremeCommander

4/26/2017  12:18 PM
so there's been some talk that the Giants will try to draft a QB to groom to replace Eli down the road... I also just saw the Vikes might decline Bridgewater's option. I really hope the Giants sign him, let him rehab and be Eli's understudy. In two or three years that might pay off big time
jrodmc
USA
4/27/2017  11:00 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Jrod, please tell me you didn't buy one of Eli's signed fake game used helmets. If his name is spelled right, get your money back. Its a fake!

No, but I got a really good deal on his 6th Superbowl MVP trophy...

NYKBocker
USA
4/27/2017  11:58 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:so there's been some talk that the Giants will try to draft a QB to groom to replace Eli down the road... I also just saw the Vikes might decline Bridgewater's option. I really hope the Giants sign him, let him rehab and be Eli's understudy. In two or three years that might pay off big time

I hope they don't draft a QB this year. Eli's window is getting smaller and I would rather we get his protection rather than the future right now. Maybe next year.

GustavBahler

4/27/2017  11:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Jrod, please tell me you didn't buy one of Eli's signed fake game used helmets. If his name is spelled right, get your money back. Its a fake!

No, but I got a really good deal on his 6th Superbowl MVP trophy...

A heard that if you push a button on the back of the base it plays dueling banjos..

Looks like the Bucs swiped the Giants pick, OJ Howard heh heh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793010/article/book-on-oj-howard-most-complete-te-prospect-in-10-years

Engram sounds like a good pick though..

Engram is a big-play receiver who happens to have the size to play tight end. His athleticism will make it difficult for even the league’s fastest linebackers to cover him, and NFL teams have began to focus on creating those mismatches more and more since players like Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham started roasting secondaries this decade.
SupremeCommander

4/28/2017  10:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Engram sounds like a good pick though..

Engram is a big-play receiver who happens to have the size to play tight end. His athleticism will make it difficult for even the league’s fastest linebackers to cover him, and NFL teams have began to focus on creating those mismatches more and more since players like Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham started roasting secondaries this decade.

I think he is a good pick... he can play. I think he's more of a slot receiver than a TE though. I wish the BPA was at a different position but I do think the Giants got a really good one. I believe Ike Hilliard did a mock draft and picked this guy. He certainly looks like our long-term red zone threat

nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
4/28/2017  11:30 PM
NOt sure what we are doing..Engram might be good but if Eli is on his back all game it doesnt matter.Having enough receiving threats was never a problem last year.
GustavBahler

5/1/2017  11:50 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Engram sounds like a good pick though..

I think he is a good pick... he can play. I think he's more of a slot receiver than a TE though. I wish the BPA was at a different position but I do think the Giants got a really good one. I believe Ike Hilliard did a mock draft and picked this guy. He certainly looks like our long-term red zone threat

Its like with the Bucs, they werent planning on drafting a TE either, probably were looking to pick Dalvin Cook. He got picked up by the Vikes, and Howard fell into their laps at 19.

If the defense can keep improving (came around late last season) the Bucs have a shot of winning the NFC south. Its got its share of contenders, so it won't be easy. Haven't seen the Bucs win a playoff game since the Super Bowl.

GustavBahler

5/7/2017  10:59 AM
Read that your new rookie QB got chewed out by Eli for calling him "sir" dag nabit!

BTW, Bucs will be on Hard Knocks this season. Glad its this year, not under some of the other Bucs coaches from the last decade. Lots of stories with DeSean Jackson joining the team, OJ Howard getting picked, Winston's progress, and the Bucs having their best shot to end the playoff drought in years.

jrodmc
USA
5/22/2017  10:41 AM
Yanks are sort of kicking azz early (sorry, wrong thread), and now there's lots of stories of my 11 win streak Gints winning the NFC Least, with the return of the same D from last year, and a hopefully phenom rookie TE.

Don't like the looks of our running game, but I'm reading some happy crap about Eli having better protection with a 4th round draft pick OL in camp...

Reading your draft pick OJ Howard is frighteningly good. Not much print about Winston, which is probably a good thing, right?

GustavBahler

5/25/2017  12:57 PM
jrodmc wrote:Yanks are sort of kicking azz early (sorry, wrong thread), and now there's lots of stories of my 11 win streak Gints winning the NFC Least, with the return of the same D from last year, and a hopefully phenom rookie TE.

Don't like the looks of our running game, but I'm reading some happy crap about Eli having better protection with a 4th round draft pick OL in camp...

Reading your draft pick OJ Howard is frighteningly good. Not much print about Winston, which is probably a good thing, right?

Im curious to see how the Giants offense does with your new TE as well. No slouch. Our defense wasn't as good as yours until the end of the season. New players, new defensive coordinator last season. Im hoping for a carry over effect into this season. We snagged maybe the best offensive FA, and the freak luck pick of the draft. Brate was a big surprise last season, one of the best TE's by the numbers. Between Howard and Brate, and Jackson and Evans, Winston is going to have all the weapons he needs to lead the team to a playoff berth.

Don't know what they're doing with Doug Martin, cant believe he juiced. Makes me appreciate what Warrick Dunn did on and off the field as a Buc. Dunn bought a house for the family of a recent draft pick when he was a kid, with his foundation.

You're right Winston is being quiet lol, glad after his visit to that elementary school. Could of been worse I suppose, but thats about the worst thing Ive read about with his name attached to it. As a fan, I cant complain. He really has shown himself to be the leader fans hoped he would be. Looking forward to seeing the Bucs on Hard Knocks. Lots of interesting storylines. Getting HBO just to watch it.

SupremeCommander

8/22/2017  1:49 PM
the Giants offense looks terrible.. hopefully this gets fixed. I just don't see a decent RB and I definitely don't see a big improvement with the OL
jrodmc
USA
8/28/2017  2:13 PM
Wow, Gint second stringer D really suhucks..

But our first string D actually looks better than our first string O! Looks like a return to the LT glory days when the offense just had to hold them until the D could get back on the field and score! Yeah, I'm giddy!

SupremeCommander

9/11/2017  10:21 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:the Giants offense looks terrible.. hopefully this gets fixed. I just don't see a decent RB and I definitely don't see a big improvement with the OL

looks even worse than I expected

GustavBahler

9/18/2017  9:01 PM
Gints/Bucs week 4 hmmmmm....

"Run Forrest Run!" will take on a whole new meaning jrod!

Bucs D looks pretty good. Been a top D since the middle of last season. Offense still needs work though. Jameis has to take care of the ball this season, gambles too much.

Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy