[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/2/2014  1:27 PM
Looks like we're both having a crappy season jrod. My Bucs had the game in hand with seconds to go, and sent out 12 men on the field. The lack of preparation this season is unreal. Our defense is coming on strong but our OC should be coaching pop warner, if he's lucky. Coughlin needs better players IMO. Who out there will do a better job? I would make an exception for Harbaugh though.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/2/2014  5:14 PM
I can't believe this but I am already playing the first-pick.com draft game. Yup...this early.

Your score is: 5506 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 7: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 7: Lorenzo Mauldin, DE, Louisville (A)
Round 3 Pick 7: Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 7: Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 7: Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (A)
Round 6 Pick 7: Bernard Blake, CB, Colorado State (A)
Round 7 Pick 7: Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke (A)
Round 7 Pick 32: Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga (A-)

I think I just fixed my Giants with this draft. Only problem was that I could not get a linebacker in the earlier rounds.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2014  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2014  9:21 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like we're both having a crappy season jrod. My Bucs had the game in hand with seconds to go, and sent out 12 men on the field. The lack of preparation this season is unreal. Our defense is coming on strong but our OC should be coaching pop warner, if he's lucky. Coughlin needs better players IMO. Who out there will do a better job? I would make an exception for Harbaugh though.

Crappy ain't the word Gustav. My daughter asked me last night, after the Knicks were down by 16, "So, Dad, ummmm, does this mean ALL your teams stink?"

Agreed, Gints need new, better players, especially on the O Line, but Coughlin has to go. Time for a change.
Your Bucs O-line looks halfway decent in the second half at least. Maybe Cough should look into playing 12 men.

Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

12/3/2014  11:59 AM
I hope The Giants & Jets lose out & both teams wind up with top 4 picks.

Now that will be a draft party!

[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
NYKBocker
USA
12/5/2014  1:50 PM
I just fixed the G-Men

Your score is: 5581 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (N.O.): Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 7: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (N.O.): Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 3 Pick 7: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 7: Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 5 Pick 7: Levi Norwood, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 6 Pick 7: Jake Smith, C, Louisville (B+)
Round 7 Pick 7: Desmond Hollin, DT, Florida State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 32: Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (B+)

GustavBahler

1/13/2015  8:33 AM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like we're both having a crappy season jrod. My Bucs had the game in hand with seconds to go, and sent out 12 men on the field. The lack of preparation this season is unreal. Our defense is coming on strong but our OC should be coaching pop warner, if he's lucky. Coughlin needs better players IMO. Who out there will do a better job? I would make an exception for Harbaugh though.

Crappy ain't the word Gustav. My daughter asked me last night, after the Knicks were down by 16, "So, Dad, ummmm, does this mean ALL your teams stink?"

Agreed, Gints need new, better players, especially on the O Line, but Coughlin has to go. Time for a change.
Your Bucs O-line looks halfway decent in the second half at least. Maybe Cough should look into playing 12 men.

Lol, a chip off the old block. Smart girl! 😛We both got great rookie receivers, thats something to be happy about. Bucs got the first pick, if they do pick Winston, they better do their homework. Tough for me to support the team with him at QB, but we'll see what happens. Also got ATL's offensive coordinator which is good news after that joke of a coordinator we had this season. Reports are saying we are getting Marinelli back as defensive coordinator which would be amazing, never liked the Frazier hire. Hope Lovie lets the offense do their thing.

NYKBocker
USA
1/13/2015  11:38 AM
fanspeak.com has a nice draft simulator using their own value board. It's pretty fun. Here is my mock draft...

9: R1P9
OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON

40: R2P8
OT TY SAMBRAILO
COLORADO STATE

74: R3P10
DE ELI HAROLD
VIRGINIA

105: R4P9
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA STATE

136: R5P8
WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY
HOUSTON

170: R6P10
RB STORM WOODS
OREGON STATE

201: R7P9
WR CHRISTION JONES
ALABAMA

222: R7P30
G TYLER MOORE
FLORIDA

NYKBocker
USA
1/18/2015  9:15 PM
Wishing on a LBer in the 1st round.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2015  9:50 AM
wishing for a resigned JPP and Danny Shelton in the 1st
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
USA
2/24/2015  10:11 AM
Weatherford was on WFAN a week or so ago, blowing happy smoke up some radio gasbag's piehole about the Giant's outlook for next season. [Yeah, I'm going to use Marc Raismann's "radio gasbag" line alot now]

I guess he can't be pessimistic or even guardedly reserved, and given what we're being treated to Knicks-wise, hearing how great, healthy and improved Big Blues are going to suddenly be on both sides of the ball sounded happy.

GustavBahler

3/18/2015  4:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  4:29 PM
Hey jrod, I hear Eli learned how to tie his shoes during the offseason! Im sure the Giants will arrange a press conference. Congrats!
jrodmc
USA
3/19/2015  8:12 AM
Well, you know, Gustav, it's kinda difficult to tie your shoes when you've got to wear these things:

But then, what would your McClown know about that?
Maybe he's learned to tie his shoes with only one thumb?

GustavBahler

3/19/2015  9:09 AM
Forrest got lucky, if not for a couple if lucky catches in the Super Bowl, he would be the captain of morning crew at McDonalds right now. McCown was part of a genius strategy to get us the number one pick. mission accomplished!
jrodmc
USA
3/19/2015  12:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Forrest got lucky, if not for a couple if lucky catches in the Super Bowl, he would be the captain of morning crew at McDonalds right now. McCown was part of a genius strategy to get us the number one pick. mission accomplished!

Luck, my friend is something that happens once, out of the blue, for those of you who believe in such things as luck. Getting hit by lightning. Winning the lottery.

Going two for two in the Super Bowl? Two MVP's?
Very weak argument.

Don't be bitter.

And I still bet you whoever you draft won't be able to tie their own shoes. Maybe they can take lessons from Forrest. He's a nice guy like that.

GustavBahler

3/19/2015  4:19 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Forrest got lucky, if not for a couple if lucky catches in the Super Bowl, he would be the captain of morning crew at McDonalds right now. McCown was part of a genius strategy to get us the number one pick. mission accomplished!

Luck, my friend is something that happens once, out of the blue, for those of you who believe in such things as luck. Getting hit by lightning. Winning the lottery.

Very weak argument.

Don't be bitter.

And I still bet you whoever you draft won't be able to tie their own shoes. Maybe they can take lessons from Forrest. He's a nice guy like that.

Some people have won the lottery twice Not bitter at all. After waiting for more than 25 years for the Bucs first championship, Im just happy we got one. More angry these days about the mismanagement. It started when Gruden decided to bring in all these over the hill retreads after we won it all, and held up this huge plastic sheet during games with all his plays, when you could probably fit the ones he actually ran on a postage stamp.

From there it was years of the owners putting all their time and money into ManU. Not bitter after finally winning one but it's time for another ring and I Don't see Forrest getting the hat trick. Just hope the Bucs make the right pick.

jrodmc
USA
3/20/2015  9:25 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Very weak argument.

Don't be bitter.

Some people have won the lottery twice Not bitter at all. After waiting for more than 25 years for the Bucs first championship, Im just happy we got one. More angry these days about the mismanagement. It started when Gruden decided to bring in all these over the hill retreads after we won it all, and held up this huge plastic sheet during games with all his plays, when you could probably fit the ones he actually ran on a postage stamp.

From there it was years of the owners putting all their time and money into ManU. Not bitter after finally winning one but it's time for another ring and I Don't see Forrest getting the hat trick. Just hope the Bucs make the right pick.

I like that the Jets are, once again, grabbing all the headlines, and we're just running quietly below the radar. Hopefully we make some kind of splash with our offensive line, either in the draft or FA, because I really, really like the idea of Forrest having SalsaMan and OneHanded Beckham healthy and available for an entire season.

I guess we'll see who has the crappiest season again!

GustavBahler

3/20/2015  9:37 AM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Very weak argument.

Don't be bitter.

I like that the Jets are, once again, grabbing all the headlines, and we're just running quietly below the radar. Hopefully we make some kind of splash with our offensive line, either in the draft or FA, because I really, really like the idea of Forrest having SalsaMan and OneHanded Beckham healthy and available for an entire season.

I guess we'll see who has the crappiest season again!

If we can get a legit QB with the receiving corps we have the Bucs should at least be easier to watch. We both hit the lotto with Evans and Beckham. We got the Falcon's offensive coordinator and they had one of the best offense's in the league. Last season we had the QB coach filing in and he was a lousy coordinator in college. You guys get some O-line help and you should be in good shape. I know Lovie is known for his defense but its that side of the ball that Im worried about most. Will have to pry the Tampa 2 from his cold,dead,hands. Hope he can make it work.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/1/2015  9:49 AM
what scares me about this pick is that I didn't know a damne thing about him until last week...
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
USA
5/7/2015  10:04 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If we can get a legit QB with the receiving corps we have the Bucs should at least be easier to watch.

Winston would seem to be legit. You must be giddy, Gustav.

GustavBahler

5/8/2015  4:34 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If we can get a legit QB with the receiving corps we have the Bucs should at least be easier to watch.

Winston would seem to be legit. You must be giddy, Gustav.

Yes and no. When I read something like this yes..

Back in the quarterback meeting room after lunch, Bajakian put tape of the plays they’d be installing on the big screen. What’s your formation here, Jameis? The protection? Your route progression? Who’s your hot receiver? Play after play, for 45 minutes they went through it. Winston remembered it all. Koetter has been coaching college and pro football since 1985. He is not a gee-whiz coach. Licht was blown away by Koetter’s impression after that couple of hours with Winston. “I’m going to compare every guy I test like that the rest of my career to Jameis,” Koetter told Licht.

When he posts a picture of himself with a plate full of crabs legs right after getting drafted no. Its not the end of the world of course but it speaks to Winston's decision making off the field. I did see an interview today with Winston where he was making a point of keeping his composure as opposed to some other interviews. He greeted all the players as they showed up at one Buc place. Looks like he is making a real effort to be a leader from day one and not just one of the guys, which is great.

Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy