[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/18/2014  8:03 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:DRC signed, Kiwi took a paycut on top of Tuck leaving... I'm beginning to think the GMen are drafting a DE in the first round

That's gotta be an awkward conversation.

"We'd like you to stay, and work hard, and oh yeah... we'd like to restructure your deal and pay you less."

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/18/2014  8:22 AM
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:feel much better now that they retained Beason

Feel sick now that Tuck is gone. Our D-Line is scarier than it was last year and i don't mean that in a good way.

I don't know how anyone can miss Tuck he was always hurt and coasted for a year and a half. Showed up the last 6 games to make a FA push and got himself a deal with the Raiders. I'm actually happy for him as the Giants need to bring in the new and replace the old. Hungry players funny how Tuck got hungry only towards the end coasted in the beginning so he wouldn't get hurt and showed up to play late in the season for the contract.

I just hope we do get some O-line help in the draft somehow.

Tuck leaving almost makes me wonder how Osi is doing? A where are they now thread for all these ex-Giant D stars.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/18/2014  10:50 AM
ToddTT wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:DRC signed, Kiwi took a paycut on top of Tuck leaving... I'm beginning to think the GMen are drafting a DE in the first round

That's gotta be an awkward conversation.

"We'd like you to stay, and work hard, and oh yeah... we'd like to restructure your deal and pay you less."

I believe its his second year in a row having that discussion too

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/19/2014  1:40 PM

I really like all these signings. Now we can get 1 OL in the 1st 2 rounds then get BAP everywhere else.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/19/2014  3:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

I really like all these signings. Now we can get 1 OL in the 1st 2 rounds then get BAP everywhere else.

Yeah I'm happy that we got Super Mari back. I'm hopeful he's healthy and motivated. Good 4th receiver.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
USA
3/26/2014  4:10 PM
With all these signings, Reese can really go with BAP in the number 12 pick. Really liking Aaron Donald or hopefully Barr or Mack falls into the 12 spot. Then get the best available lineman in the 2nd round. Hopefully Yankey or Su'A-Filo or maybe Amaro who is a TE is available. Really very excited about this draft. This coming season really hinders on Beatty regaining his 2012 form.
SupremeCommander

3/27/2014  3:52 PM
I am really hoping a blue chip end is available at 12... so sign me up for Barr Bocker. I don't think the offense can be fixed in one year... the defense could be completely overhauled and set up for the next few years with one pick. After that, OL, WR, TE must be addressed. DE at 1, offense from 2 to 6?
NYKBocker
USA
4/2/2014  2:06 PM
In Reese we trust. Wow. They just signed Robert Ayers. DE from the Broncos. Now I am thinking they are setting up themselves into drafting Ebron, Watkins or Evans. This is the best off-season from the Giants in a long time.
SupremeCommander

4/3/2014  9:39 AM
NYKBocker wrote:In Reese we trust. Wow. They just signed Robert Ayers. DE from the Broncos. Now I am thinking they are setting up themselves into drafting Ebron, Watkins or Evans. This is the best off-season from the Giants in a long time.

I think he's overrated. However, I don't think he's bad. The team will be lucky if 50% of the UFAs work out. However, that they got someone on the line is huge and now they can really target BPAs in the draft.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/16/2014  4:22 PM
Jrod, the football Gods have punished you for insulting my Bucs. Meet you new New York Giant Josh Freeman!!!!
GustavBahler

4/17/2014  12:49 PM
Guess you guys are out celebrating your new addition! I will say this, early on Freeman was by the numbers one of the best QBs in the league, led more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB. Josh had a great TD to interception ratio, kept cool in the pocket. Had an elite QB rating as well.

What appears to have done him in from the scuttlebutt down here was the off the field partying and doing a lot of dumb ish. Eventually it caught up with him and just when it looked like he would become real franchise QB, he started to regress. Schiano didn't help either.

Freeman went to the Vikes and was the last one to show up for practice and the first one to leave, according to his teammates. If he has given up on the partying and gets back to where he was early on, he could turn out to be a steal and one of the better backups in the league. Just wouldn't hand him the keys to the car after Eli is done.

jrodmc
USA
4/17/2014  3:34 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Jrod, the football Gods have punished you for insulting my Bucs. Meet you new New York Giant Josh Freeman!!!!

Wow, forgot all about that...was that last season, or the one before?

Yeah, coming to NYC is a great place to get Josh to stop partying... just ask JR Sniff.

Eli with the surgery; this would appear to be a really bad insurance policy.

GustavBahler

4/17/2014  6:13 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Jrod, the football Gods have punished you for insulting my Bucs. Meet you new New York Giant Josh Freeman!!!!

Wow, forgot all about that...was that last season, or the one before?

Yeah, coming to NYC is a great place to get Josh to stop partying... just ask JR Sniff.

Eli with the surgery; this would appear to be a really bad insurance policy.

After the way Freeman crashed and burned, he has to know that he's running out of stops, in the NFL anyway. Guess We"ll see what happens. Hope McCown can bring some of his magic from the Bears. We had a much needed reshuffling. Should have one of the best D's in the league but you never know.

BigDaddyG

5/8/2014  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2014  9:55 PM
A wide range receiver with the first pick?!?!?!?!?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/9/2014  12:27 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:A wide range receiver with the first pick?!?!?!?!?

Would have thought they would go OL (Martin) but JR may have thought that it would make his beatty contract look even worse.

I still thought that he would have gone a couple of picks higher and I am glad that we drafted him. F Nicks.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
USA
5/9/2014  9:31 AM
If this guy doesn't pan out immediately, Victor Cruz is going to have one very long, miserable season.

Agree with the F Nicks, though.

BigDaddyG

5/9/2014  1:12 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:A wide range receiver with the first pick?!?!?!?!?

Would have thought they would go OL (Martin) but JR may have thought that it would make his beatty contract look even worse.

I still thought that he would have gone a couple of picks higher and I am glad that we drafted him. F Nicks.

I agree. I think O-Line is a bigger need. We could've picked up a wideout a little later.
BigDaddyG

5/9/2014  8:12 PM
Richberg selection has me a little more excited.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/10/2014  6:23 PM
Not sure how many are aware of the giants page on slicks ports that Martin and Andrew have set up. It is pretty awesome.
http://www.slicksports.com/nfl/giants/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
5/13/2014  9:14 AM
They signed Geoff Schwartz at the position Zach Taylor would be best at. They could try him at LT but he's a bit on the smallish size and would struggle against the bigger, stronger RDEs he would see. If anything I would have wanted to see them take Aaron Donald, but Beckham went to the Mannings' high school. The fact they needed a WR, Beckham was the 14th-18th rated player in the draft, and went to Elis high school is enough to take him there.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy