[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DON NELSON IS A GUY WHO KNOWS THE GAME!
Author Thread
spencerdoobie
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #325
5/23/2003  3:29 PM
Posted by Pike:

Playa, I wrote volumes of pages as to how bad I thought Van Gundy's offensive scheme was... but, I wish you'd try to understand this... life is a tradeoff... and here's what you don't get... Van Gundy's good defense and bad offense was better than Chaney's bad defense and slightly improved offense... the bottom line, in spite of your excuses to the contrary... is the Knicks got worse when Jeff left.

wow that actually makes sense......must be taking a break from his "workouts" with tkf......
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

5/23/2003  11:27 PM
Pike how can you compare vandummy with chaney so far, Va'sndummy has had better players with less uncertainity happening during the season's in his tenure while in NY. Chaney 1st full yr as head coach had the best player out for the yr, vandummy has always had a low post player to anchor his no offense sets and funnel players to his 7 fter ewing. What has Chaney had spree fighting on his yacht missing beginning of the season, Mcdyess not ever playing a regular season game for the knicks when it was proven in preseason that he was team leader and all the other players respected him. I just don't see a fair comparison to be used so far.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/26/2003  1:19 PM
add don nelson to the long list of coaches that "know" the game but will be at home watching the finals like me and you

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
playa2

5/26/2003  8:27 PM
Prod when Dirk went out that stopped Dallas and Nelson from send popovich and he spurs home.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Colombia
5/27/2003  11:57 AM
Posted by playa2:

Prod when Dirk went out that stopped Dallas and Nelson from send popovich and he spurs home.
but couldn't he just employ the hack-a-bruce and get inside the spurs head again?
playa2

5/28/2003  6:38 AM
Matter of fact he did the Hack A Bowen in the second qtr and that alone slowed down spurs hot shot shooting. Let's just admit it a nellie team is never out of the game. SPORTING NEWS QUOTE:If the strategy was intended solely to take the Spurs out of their flow, it worked. NUFF SAID!
prodson
Colombia
5/28/2003  12:53 PM
Posted by playa2:

Matter of fact he did the Hack A Bowen in the second qtr and that alone slowed down spurs hot shot shooting. Let's just admit it a nellie team is never out of the game. SPORTING NEWS QUOTE:If the strategy was intended solely to take the Spurs out of their flow, it worked. NUFF SAID!
sporting news.lol
playa2

5/29/2003  8:38 AM
Nelson has to "SAC UP" if he wants to put the spurs in the himelichn tonight.
Pike
Member: #403
5/29/2003  10:35 AM
Posted by Pike:

Playa, I wrote volumes of pages as to how bad I thought Van Gundy's offensive scheme was... but, I wish you'd try to understand this... life is a tradeoff... and here's what you don't get... Van Gundy's good defense and bad offense was better than Chaney's bad defense and slightly improved offense... the bottom line, in spite of your excuses to the contrary... is the Knicks got worse when Jeff left.

Gony, I wanted to make sure you saw this one.
playa2

5/29/2003  11:20 AM
Posted by playa2:

Pike how can you compare vandummy with chaney so far, Va'sndummy has had better players with less uncertainity happening during the season's in his tenure while in NY. Chaney 1st full yr as head coach had the best player out for the yr, vandummy has always had a low post player to anchor his no offense sets and funnel players to his 7 fter ewing. What has Chaney had spree fighting on his yacht missing beginning of the season, Mcdyess not ever playing a regular season game for the knicks when it was proven in preseason that he was team leader and all the other players respected him. I just don't see a fair comparison to be used so far. Gony I had to make sure you saw this. (PIKE CMON MAN)
prodson
Colombia
5/29/2003  11:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHA. you got your topic LOCKED HAHAHAHAHA
playa2

5/29/2003  3:28 PM
Prod you want a cookie?
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
6/2/2003  3:28 PM
some days it feels like prison with all the locks around here !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
DON NELSON IS A GUY WHO KNOWS THE GAME!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy