[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yankees Talk thread
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/3/2018  8:02 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It's been a good season overall even though the Red Sox have outshined us. If the wild card game were today, I'd have much more comfort with Tanaka than Severino pitching.

Severino starts. I do understand the reasoning behind it and it's a better decision than going with Happ, Lynn, or CC.

damn bonn.

u don't talk knicks anymore?

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2018  8:06 PM
Knicks? That's just self-torture! I've taken a break from them. I still want them to win but feel I have better things to do than follow the team. If they seriously turn things around, I'll watch again.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/3/2018  8:32 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Knicks? That's just self-torture! I've taken a break from them. I still want them to win but feel I have better things to do than follow the team. If they seriously turn things around, I'll watch again.

hey how about aaron?

Bonn1997
USA
10/5/2018  9:36 AM
Marv wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Knicks? That's just self-torture! I've taken a break from them. I still want them to win but feel I have better things to do than follow the team. If they seriously turn things around, I'll watch again.

hey how about aaron?

Yeah that was a fun game!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/5/2018  4:13 PM
So we win one out of two in Beantown and come home and end it.

Voit's going to hit for the cycle in one of these games! LMAO

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/6/2018  11:24 PM
A working bat from Gary makes a world of difference.
jrodmc
USA
10/8/2018  9:49 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:A working bat from Gary makes a world of difference.

479 feet. He makes it look like if he really strained himself, he could hit it into orbit. Unreal.
David Price always makes a world of difference too.

Now just have to get Stanton going, hope Hicks isn't really hurt that bad, and the next two games should be good. Hope CC or Happ can gut out game 4.

Bonn1997
USA
10/9/2018  8:53 AM
That was rough. Severino has been brutal in the playoffs: 3.8 innings per start, 6.26 ERA. I hope he doesn't become a guy who just could never handle the playoffs.
jrodmc
USA
10/9/2018  12:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:That was rough. Severino has been brutal in the playoffs: 3.8 innings per start, 6.26 ERA. I hope he doesn't become a guy who just could never handle the playoffs.

Did the wildcard game against Oakland count towards "never"? Good old Bonn, always available for a Debbie Downer session.

That was brutal though, agreed. If nothing else, hopefully this teaches someone to use a bit better judgement with his speakers after a big win.

Bonn1997
USA
10/10/2018  6:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  6:55 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:That was rough. Severino has been brutal in the playoffs: 3.8 innings per start, 6.26 ERA. I hope he doesn't become a guy who just could never handle the playoffs.

Did the wildcard game against Oakland count towards "never"? Good old Bonn, always available for a Debbie Downer session.

That was brutal though, agreed. If nothing else, hopefully this teaches someone to use a bit better judgement with his speakers after a big win.

You're talking about that 4 inning start with 4 walks? It was adequate but it's not what you want from a true ace. You think Verlander would be happy with that pitching line? Severino's best post-season starts would be classified as subpar regular season starts. 3.8 innings per start and a 6.26 ERA is what it is.

Debbie downer? What does that mean? Not breaking out the champagne after playoff losses? It was a reasonably nice regular season that gave some great moments, sure. None of this held up to Yankees standards though. If this was the one year we had to sacrifice to stay under the luxury tax, I'm fine with that though I hope it doesn't happen again. If Boston is going to outspend and outperform us every year, then there's nothing to celebrate.

jrodmc
USA
10/10/2018  9:24 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

You're talking about that 4 inning start with 4 walks? It was adequate but it's not what you want from a true ace. You think Verlander would be happy with that pitching line? Severino's best post-season starts would be classified as subpar regular season starts. 3.8 innings per start and a 6.26 ERA is what it is.

Debbie downer? What does that mean? Not breaking out the champagne after playoff losses? It was a reasonably nice regular season that gave some great moments, sure. None of this held up to Yankees standards though. If this was the one year we had to sacrifice to stay under the luxury tax, I'm fine with that though I hope it doesn't happen again. If Boston is going to outspend and outperform us every year, then there's nothing to celebrate.

Debbie Downer in the sense that Severino was at least adequate in handling a playoff situation. As opposed to being a glass completely empty/"never handle the playoffs" pitcher.

Agreed, good feeling gone, and as the wise owl of the board posted some time earlier, this was a nice season, but we ain't as good as Boston.

Who would you have signed that Cashman wasn't willing to sacrafice for?

Bonn1997
USA
10/21/2018  12:19 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Debbie Downer in the sense that Severino was at least adequate in handling a playoff situation. As opposed to being a glass completely empty/"never handle the playoffs" pitcher.

Agreed, good feeling gone, and as the wise owl of the board posted some time earlier, this was a nice season, but we ain't as good as Boston.

Who would you have signed that Cashman wasn't willing to sacrafice for?

Severino has ranged from poor to adequate in the postseason. That's basically what you want from a 4 or 5 starter, though the post-season stats don't hold up to a 4 or 5 starter. I didn't say he was doomed. I said I hoped he wasn't. It's super early in his career.

Who would I sign? I'm way too busy with fun hobbies and work to put the time into seriously evaluating roster possibilities. I'm just a fan who doesn't want his team to settle for second best. That's not the Yankees way. Or at least it wasn't.

Bonn1997
USA
10/28/2018  12:58 PM
Red Sox are on the verge of another World Series. We have the better overall history but they've had a better decade than we have.
jrodmc
USA
10/29/2018  8:40 AM
27 to 8. Yeah, that's a little bit better history.

Let's see what Cashman does this off season to get us over the hump.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2018  1:14 PM
Were is Bryce Harper going to play?
Would Yankees trade an asset/Money and Stanton to Nationals? Nats at least walk away with something that might actually help?
Boras in last 24 hours is being coy about things. Thoughts?
Bonn1997
USA
10/29/2018  2:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Were is Bryce Harper going to play?
Would Yankees trade an asset/Money and Stanton to Nationals? Nats at least walk away with something that might actually help?

Harper? We don't need more DHs. Maybe first base? We need more bad first basemen! IDK, but getting his left-handed bat is enticing.
jrodmc
USA
10/30/2018  9:47 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Were is Bryce Harper going to play?

Harper? We don't need more DHs. Maybe first base? We need more bad first basemen! IDK, but getting his left-handed bat is enticing.

His highlights look like a short porch orgasm festival.

Johnny MuchHustle-ado, Harper, AND Kershaw. Get it done, CashMAN!

Bonn1997
USA
10/31/2018  11:52 AM
Don't forget the highest priced team just won the world series. That exact description used to be us! I really hope this was just a one-year luxury tax reset and the new norm isn't that Boston outspends and outperforms us. The signals from Yankees' management about spending don't sound good but it could just be a messaging strategy.
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
11/6/2018  8:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Don't forget the highest priced team just won the world series. That exact description used to be us! I really hope this was just a one-year luxury tax reset and the new norm isn't that Boston outspends and outperforms us. The signals from Yankees' management about spending don't sound good but it could just be a messaging strategy.

I think they don’t want to spend for the sake of soending. As good as Harper and Machado can be, I don’t think they are necessities for the team. Above all, I think we need to see if we can improve from within’ when it comes to the position players and then go after starting pitching. Sevy is officially a question mark, Tanaka is a ticking time-bomb. We don’t know about anyone else. If we were going to overpay, we should have overpaid in a trade for DeGrom.... if we actually had that opportunity.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
USA
11/6/2018  2:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Don't forget the highest priced team just won the world series. That exact description used to be us! I really hope this was just a one-year luxury tax reset and the new norm isn't that Boston outspends and outperforms us. The signals from Yankees' management about spending don't sound good but it could just be a messaging strategy.

I think they don’t want to spend for the sake of soending. As good as Harper and Machado can be, I don’t think they are necessities for the team. Above all, I think we need to see if we can improve from within’ when it comes to the position players and then go after starting pitching. Sevy is officially a question mark, Tanaka is a ticking time-bomb. We don’t know about anyone else. If we were going to overpay, we should have overpaid in a trade for DeGrom.... if we actually had that opportunity.

Mets are never going to trade with the Yankees, so that's a non-issue.

Through the injuries and slumps, the offense was never consistent enough. So how do you address that? Mo money. We've got a decent core. Flood the lineup with enough big money bats around the Core 4 and hope we can get some more quality free agent pitching. I agree with Bonn. Outspend the BlowSox.

Yankees Talk thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy