[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yankees Talk thread
Author Thread
jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
6/23/2017  3:25 PM
Judge hit's a three run homer! It's Judgement Day, again! 5 - 1 Yanks! We're gonna win two in a row!
Yanks give up 9 unanswered runs! Ball game over, Yankees lose, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh Yankees lose! Good feeling gone!

I'm not keeping track, but how bad is the rest of the division that we can still be anywhere near 1st place?

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Posts: 58647
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
7/19/2017  9:18 AM
No one posting here any more? Crazy rough streak the team is on. I'm not sure how much relievers really move the needle compared to starters (an age old debate). I hope this trade re-ignites the team. Frazier should help a lot in the infield. I was excited about Choi, though. I hope he still gets to play at least a little.
jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
7/19/2017  10:13 AM
Judge in a slump, get tired of listening to sports radio tell me every day how we've only one one out of the last 15 games or something along those lines; not much to post about.

Todd Frazier! David Robertson! Is Jason Giambi still playing?

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/28/2017  2:14 PM
Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?
Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/26/2017  1:52 PM
Bye Joe, apparently 10 years is about all a Yankee manager gets.

Whoever they hire has to have the constitution to win or die. Don't think the next guy gets 10 years. Unless he wins a Series like Joe within the first 2.

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
Knickoftime
Posts: 23514
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/26/2017  2:50 PM
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/27/2017  9:59 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
Knickoftime
Posts: 23514
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/27/2017  1:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career. I'm pretty sure you were overreacting to Judge's slump, particularly considering in August he was still more productive than gardner.

Higher OPS, more runs scored, pore runs batted in

jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2017  10:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career. I'm pretty sure you were overreacting to Judge's slump, particularly considering in August he was still more productive than gardner.

Higher OPS, more runs scored, pore runs batted in

It never did.

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career.

Do you spend an inordinate amount of time winning arguments with yourself?

There were short stretches in the season where Gardner was hitting out of his mind while Judge was batting 6th ot 7th (yeah, overreacting to doing nothing but striking out at a record clip), Hicks (hurt), Ellsbury (hurt and then useless).

Your two month hindsight is incredible.

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
Knickoftime
Posts: 23514
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/31/2017  4:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  5:32 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career. I'm pretty sure you were overreacting to Judge's slump, particularly considering in August he was still more productive than gardner.

Higher OPS, more runs scored, pore runs batted in

It never did.

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career.

Do you spend an inordinate amount of time winning arguments with yourself?

No, I'd rather spend my time my arguing about melo, Fisher, Phil Jackson, and Hornacek like this forum has the last six years without any help from me.

There were short stretches in the season where Gardner was hitting out of his mind while Judge was batting 6th ot 7th (yeah, overreacting to doing nothing but striking out at a record clip), Hicks (hurt), Ellsbury (hurt and then useless).

Your two month hindsight is incredible.

Judge was the Yankees best outfielder from opening day to game six of the ALCS. We both know what you posted was because of judge's slump.

jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2017  9:33 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career. I'm pretty sure you were overreacting to Judge's slump, particularly considering in August he was still more productive than gardner.

Higher OPS, more runs scored, pore runs batted in

It never did.

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career.

Do you spend an inordinate amount of time winning arguments with yourself?

No, I'd rather spend my time my arguing about melo, Fisher, Phil Jackson, and Hornacek like this forum has the last six years without any help from me.

There were short stretches in the season where Gardner was hitting out of his mind while Judge was batting 6th ot 7th (yeah, overreacting to doing nothing but striking out at a record clip), Hicks (hurt), Ellsbury (hurt and then useless).

Your two month hindsight is incredible.

Judge was the Yankees best outfielder from opening day to game six of the ALCS. We both know what you posted was because of judge's slump.

Correct. A string of games for judge that was historically bad. And since you have amazing powers of cognizance about what we both know, can you tell me why you have some sort of mental block about Gardner having career best production at points in the season when Judge was struggling? Did Gardner ever have to get moved down in the lineup? Or does that not figure into your thought process?

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
Knickoftime
Posts: 23514
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  3:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Whoever thought the day would come when our most valuable outfielder would be Brett Gardner?

It never did.

Who was in August?

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career. I'm pretty sure you were overreacting to Judge's slump, particularly considering in August he was still more productive than gardner.

Higher OPS, more runs scored, pore runs batted in

It never did.

Brett Gardner was the most valuable outfielder for short periods of time lots of times in his career.

Do you spend an inordinate amount of time winning arguments with yourself?

No, I'd rather spend my time my arguing about melo, Fisher, Phil Jackson, and Hornacek like this forum has the last six years without any help from me.

There were short stretches in the season where Gardner was hitting out of his mind while Judge was batting 6th ot 7th (yeah, overreacting to doing nothing but striking out at a record clip), Hicks (hurt), Ellsbury (hurt and then useless).

Your two month hindsight is incredible.

Judge was the Yankees best outfielder from opening day to game six of the ALCS. We both know what you posted was because of judge's slump.

Correct. A string of games for judge that was historically bad. And since you have amazing powers of cognizance about what we both know, can you tell me why you have some sort of mental block about Gardner having career best production at points in the season when Judge was struggling? Did Gardner ever have to get moved down in the lineup? Or does that not figure into your thought process?

Maybe a blocked it out out because it never happened?

Find me a month Judge struggled and Gardner thrived at the same time.

In August, while Judge was "historically bad", Gardner was worse.

OPS/WRC+

April: .647/78
May: 1.073/180
June: .685/80
July: .850/131
Aug.: .657/79
Sept.: .743/100

April: 1.161/198
May: 1.083/186
June: 1.167/205
July: .847/115
Aug.: .679/90
Sept.: 1.352/197

EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/17/2017  12:32 PM
I'm excited about the Yankees...

They need to back the prospect truck up to Miami and bring Giancarlo Stanton to the Bronx.

They also need to get Shohei Otani.

Then let it ride...

Yanks are stacked... time to cash in. Bring back the murderers row... dare pitchers to throw down the middle against us. With Stanton tanks would have 4-5 guys that can hit well over 30 homers... Bronx homers on Molly.

This i command!!!!

Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
Bonn1997
Posts: 58647
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2017  12:23 PM
Judge had shoulder surgery. That could be seen as a good thing (maybe 2nd half inconsistency was due to injury) or a bad thing (body is not durable, may not be 100% at start of next season).
knicks1248
Posts: 38052
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/29/2017  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  8:54 AM
can you vision A-rod as a manager?

Listening to him during the post season, he's a very smart guy, very kowledgable

ES
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/1/2017  8:30 PM
Boone is the new manager.... I can dig it
Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
Finestrg
Posts: 27296
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/1/2006
Member: #1069

1/14/2018  11:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  11:50 AM
At this point, I like where we are. I wouldn't go all in on Manny Machado or another pitcher. Just sit tight now and go with what we have in house to fill in the rest. I like Andujar at 3rd--he's earned a shot. Great arm and a real live bat. And go with Torres at 2nd and Chance Adams if we need another starter. All 3 of those guys are high end and have earn a chance. Absolutely no pressure on those 3 guys too -- hit Andujar and Torres 8th and 9th and Adams right now is the 6th starter. Then there's Domingo Acevedo and Abreu after him who might be even better. Justus Sheffield too.. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Ok, so we lost out on Cole and Darvish wants too much money. No problem. Not like we don't have our own options ready to go. Damn good ones.

Just reading that although Torres should be ready (apparently position players only take 6 months to rehab from TJ while pitchers take at least a year), they still may start Torres in the minors for a couple of weeks -- reading that if Torres is sent down for 12 days, then we gain another year of control on him. Yanks may say they don't wanna rush him but if he plays well this spring and doesn't make the opening day roster, this may be why. Might have to start at 2nd with Torreyes or this Jace Peterson. Should only be for 12 days though..

BigRedDog
Posts: 21961
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
2/26/2018  1:09 PM
2018 Season !!!

Good pickup of Drury. Young, inexpensive, Gives Andujar time to improve his defense in the minors.
Where is everyone?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
jrodmc
Posts: 30970
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
3/27/2018  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2018  4:58 PM
Judge in the lead off spot! Sanchez may not lead the league in bad catching!
Our starting pitching is not terribly awe inspiring, but that bullpen looks like all kinds of freakin awesome on paper.

Bird is hurt again???

Fixed.

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32301
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

4/4/2018  9:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:Judge in the lead off spot! Sanchez may not lead the league in bad catching!
Our starting pitching is not terribly awe inspiring, but that bullpen looks like all kinds of freakin awesome on paper.

Bird is hurt again???

Fixed.

three headed monster was pretty dominant today

Nalod said: You had me at the first sentence. Then you asked us to be your emotional tampon.
Yankees Talk thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.