this team won't win 80 games--it's trash
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/18/2015  6:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2015  6:42 AM
I wonder if A-Rod is actually clean now? If so, why the heck did he ever use steroids?! It's only 32 at bats but still...
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

4/19/2015  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2015  4:37 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I wonder if A-Rod is actually clean now? If so, why the heck did he ever use steroids?! It's only 32 at bats but still...

Yeah he's been great. My feeling is he's clean now, but I wouldn't blame anyone who has doubts...Part of me feels bad for the guy. Yeah, he messed up BAD but he paid a steep price for it -- it's over now. The Yanks didn't trade him or cut him, he's back and part of the team. Small sample so far, I get that, but he's back to the point where he's a major threat in the lineup and back to giving the team proper return on their investment. He deserves credit -- I thought we'd see a complete train wreck of a player this year but that hasn't been the case at all...He's carrying this team right now. For the Yanks to come out in advance and say they're not gonna celebrate him passing Mays on the HR list and plan on fighting him getting his $6mm kicker or whatever (something that's in his contract that the Yanks agreed to pay him), it just feels wrong and real sour grapes. I feel like if the HR to pass Mays comes at home, you take a min. to put it up on the board, you have the PA announcer congratulate him and give the fans an opportunity to acknowledge it if they want (unless A-Rod informs the team he doesn't want any acknowledgement at all which could very well be--I'd probably feel that way if I were him. Mark my words though, if the Yanks chose to do nothing, the fans and his teammates will find a way to acknowledge it somehow). And you pay the man the kicker you agreed to pay him. I mean come on Hal and Hank--did you like any of the HRs he's hit while wearing a Yankee uniform up 'til now? Some were huge.. Even this year, he's hit 4 big HRs--2 that won the 2nd game of the Rays series. Did Hal, Hank and co. clap and like those HRs? I'm sure they did. I know I did..Do they want the guy content and productive the rest of the year? I hope so -- I certainly do...Don't be cheap hypocrites. Stay classy--acknowledge the milestone however brief for one of your own & pay the man the money. If the Stadium crowd can forgive him for the most part (he's gotten a lot of love this year so far--it's nice to see people forgive), why can't the Yankees' brass? Right now, I see a hot productive player and a team that's just gotten themselves back on track. Synergy is good right now..Why do anything to disrupt that? This guy's suffered through a tremendous amount of embarrassment both professionally and personally along with great financial loss--let the man move on now. I dunno -- maybe I've softened up as I've gotten older but I can't see burning this man at the stake. MUCH, MUCH worse people in the world than Alex Rodriguez.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2015  11:33 AM
Three series, three series won. Against some early-season high quality teams, none the less. I am ecstatic. Now, please just beat the Rays up again.

I wonder if anyone still really believes CC should have been the opening day pitcher now?

So when A-rod hits 661, what should the Yankees do? Hand out black BioGen t-shirts to all paying fans? Picket the Player's association? Threaten to secede from the league because someone forgot to put in "marketability clauses" into a $300 million dollar contract?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2015  10:28 PM
The Yankees have an incredible bullpen from 1-7 I think best in majors by far. If they are winning into the 6th its trouble for other teams. Now can they sustain for another 140?
RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
USA
5/4/2015  1:06 PM
Girardi brings in Betances in that second game and he strikes out all 4 Red Sox to end the game. Seemed like he threw all of 12 pitches, too. Unfreaking real.
Bonn1997
USA
5/7/2015  6:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2015  7:02 AM
Overall I've been happy with how this team is playing but they can't keep putting CC out there to lose games. They're 17-6 without his decisions but he's 0-5. If he's still this bad in 2 months, I hope they have the guts to send him to the bullpen as a long reliever. I'm surprised Young isn't playing every day also.
jrodmc
USA
5/7/2015  9:58 AM
CC's not getting much run support, but he is pitching bad. Tex and McCann leaving 7 LOB. No matter what, I don't see CC going to the bullpen. For what, to eff that up?

He'll probably end up on the DL. Only a matter of time before something is found (or made up) that's broken or torn. First time I've ever heard of a pitcher being happy he's got "extra padding".

Pirela going 2 for 4 at the bottom of the order.

Bonn1997
USA
5/7/2015  10:27 AM
jrodmc wrote:CC's not getting much run support, but he is pitching bad. Tex and McCann leaving 7 LOB. No matter what, I don't see CC going to the bullpen. For what, to eff that up?

He'll probably end up on the DL. Only a matter of time before something is found (or made up) that's broken or torn. First time I've ever heard of a pitcher being happy he's got "extra padding".

Yeah, CC's not pitching quite as badly as his record but he's still been bad. For the past few years now, his strikeouts and walks have been good but he gives up a million home runs. I think he could help the team more as a long reliever than on the DL but you're prob right that they won't do that. It would be publicly admitting how bad his contract is if the only thing he can do while healthy is mid relief.
jrodmc
USA
5/8/2015  8:50 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:CC's not getting much run support, but he is pitching bad. Tex and McCann leaving 7 LOB. No matter what, I don't see CC going to the bullpen. For what, to eff that up?

Yeah, CC's not pitching quite as badly as his record but he's still been bad. For the past few years now, his strikeouts and walks have been good but he gives up a million home runs. I think he could help the team more as a long reliever than on the DL but you're prob right that they won't do that. It would be publicly admitting how bad his contract is if the only thing he can do while healthy is mid relief.

That's what used to drive me nuts when Wetteland was closing for the Yankees all those years ago. He'd give up one or two homers and almost blow the game, but then would strike out the side. Too much drama. Yeah, Bonn, I know, you weren't out of diapers yet back then.

The bullpen from start to finish is a beautiful thing right now, not in need of any drama. I think we will just have to suffer through with having the most expensive, largest, back of the rotation guy in the majors. Not like he's got any trade value with his performance and that contract.

Bonn1997
USA
5/8/2015  11:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2015  11:09 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

That's what used to drive me nuts when Wetteland was closing for the Yankees all those years ago. He'd give up one or two homers and almost blow the game, but then would strike out the side. Too much drama. Yeah, Bonn, I know, you weren't out of diapers yet back then.

The bullpen from start to finish is a beautiful thing right now, not in need of any drama. I think we will just have to suffer through with having the most expensive, largest, back of the rotation guy in the majors. Not like he's got any trade value with his performance and that contract.

I remember Wetteland!
If everyone's healthy (including Tanaka and Nova), CC is the 6th starter though and he might be 0-10 by then!
He might be able to throw 1 to 2 mph harder as a reliever and actually have some value. It's OK to experiment a little during the regular season. I think you're right that they'd just put him on the DL though. CC would have to actually approach Cashman and Girardi and say that he wants to try bullpen work.
y2zipper
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3287

5/8/2015  6:14 PM
CC's value is that he'll give the team a lot of innings, even if he's bad. He's thrown 200 innings his while career until last year. After Tanaka and Pineda, which is as good a top 2 as there is in the AL, the Yankees don't have a viable starter that stands out from the rest right now so there isn't really any reason to take him out of the rotation.
Bonn1997
USA
5/8/2015  8:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2015  8:31 PM
y2zipper wrote:CC's value is that he'll give the team a lot of innings, even if he's bad. He's thrown 200 innings his while career until last year. After Tanaka and Pineda, which is as good a top 2 as there is in the AL, the Yankees don't have a viable starter that stands out from the rest right now so there isn't really any reason to take him out of the rotation.

Right now his wins above replacement is -0.1, meaning that you could give his innings to a replacement level player (a guy who barely made it into the league) and get a slightly better result. It would be great to get him out of the starting lineup. It would require Tanaka and Nova being healthy and the other starters to continue pitching better than CC.
Bonn1997
USA
5/9/2015  6:34 AM
I haven't heard this discussed more...Why does Chris Young not play every day?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

5/9/2015  4:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I haven't heard this discussed more...Why does Chris Young not play every day?

It's a valid point -- Young's gotta play over Beltran full-time. No question about it. Both guys are just keeping RF warm for Aaron Judge (who's been hot in the minors, along with Refsnyder -- both guys might be a year away right now) but in the meantime Young's got a lot more to offer at this point over Beltran both offensively and defensively. Young's a nice player -- good pop, he's fast and he's a lot better fielder than I first thought. Above average at all 3 OF spots. Good pickup last year...I'd even play Pirela full-time at 2B now that he's up. Those are the 2 offensive tweaks to make -- insert Young and Pirela full-time and don't look back. What does Joe think he owes Beltran and Drew? Absolutely nothing. Neither guy has done a damn thing since putting on the pinstripes...

Bonn1997
USA
5/11/2015  7:04 AM
It's amazing how it took a few years but the Pineda trade looks brilliant now. I just hope he stays healthy!
jrodmc
USA
5/11/2015  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/11/2015  9:22 AM
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:I haven't heard this discussed more...Why does Chris Young not play every day?

It's a valid point -- Young's gotta play over Beltran full-time. No question about it. Both guys are just keeping RF warm for Aaron Judge (who's been hot in the minors, along with Refsnyder -- both guys might be a year away right now) but in the meantime Young's got a lot more to offer at this point over Beltran both offensively and defensively. Young's a nice player -- good pop, he's fast and he's a lot better fielder than I first thought. Above average at all 3 OF spots. Good pickup last year...I'd even play Pirela full-time at 2B now that he's up. Those are the 2 offensive tweaks to make -- insert Young and Pirela full-time and don't look back. What does Joe think he owes Beltran and Drew? Absolutely nothing. Neither guy has done a damn thing since putting on the pinstripes...

Funny, I wonder if they post UK Off Topic Yankee thread in the clubhouse?.... Beltran finally hits a homer and Drew's doing his Cano impersonation at 2nd base.

I've liked Young since he blasted that walk off homer last year against...I forget, but it was towards the end of the season. Don't you love how almost all ex-Mets seem to thrive in Yankee Stadium? Except for Beltran, obviously.

jrodmc
USA
5/11/2015  8:56 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:It's amazing how it took a few years but the Pineda trade looks brilliant now. I just hope he stays healthy!

Yeah, I almost went to look up Montero's AAA numbers, but figured it wasn't worth it.

jrodmc
USA
5/11/2015  9:22 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
y2zipper wrote:CC's value is that he'll give the team a lot of innings, even if he's bad. He's thrown 200 innings his while career until last year. After Tanaka and Pineda, which is as good a top 2 as there is in the AL, the Yankees don't have a viable starter that stands out from the rest right now so there isn't really any reason to take him out of the rotation.

Right now his wins above replacement is -0.1, meaning that you could give his innings to a replacement level player (a guy who barely made it into the league) and get a slightly better result. It would be great to get him out of the starting lineup. It would require Tanaka and Nova being healthy and the other starters to continue pitching better than CC.

Would Capuano qualify as a replacement level player?

Pineda, Eovaldi, Capuano, Nova, Warren, CC. Not terrible, if healthy (and the BP remains healthy as well), hopefully.
And if Tanaka actually comes back, all the better.

Bonn1997
USA
5/11/2015  10:57 AM
Capuano in 2013 and 2014 was a perfect example of a replacement level player.
Yankees Talk thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy