[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ricky Davis and offseason battleplans
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
3/29/2003  5:42 PM
~Falcindor & Briggs

Well....it seems like you two are convinced that he would be a good fit for the Knicks....I don't think so..but whatever.....I hope you're right if the Knicks do draft him.

Question....Is he even entering the draft?
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/30/2003  8:23 AM
I dont think hes the best option for the Knicks. But if they have to draft, he should be drafted IF available. The best option is to trade the pick with a player to get a stud SF and try to sign a C this summer with the exception.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2003  5:48 PM
Ricky davis is the best SF that POSSIBLY might be for sale. After Davis i dont see a SF that would be available even remotley as good.
RIP Crushalot😞
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/31/2003  12:27 PM
So, if Davis is not available for whatever reason, do you think the Knicks should stick with Sprewell until something better comes along, or do you think Odom or Mason would suffice? I'd take them over Spree at this point, and I think Spree is out no matter what, because Dolayden wants him out. I'd rather not see Shandon start at the 3.

I have a feeling that Sterling will only try to retain one of his FA's, and I think he'll try to keep Brand over the other 4.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/31/2003  3:11 PM
you can't fault sterling for not paying major dollars to guys who aren't worth the max, period.

Lamar hasn't turned the clippers into a winner.

Brand has been solid, but he's not leading the clippers into the playoffs (don't get on my case, I know he's injured right now)

Andre Miller has the Clippers wishing that they had held onto Jeff McInnis

Olowokandi is good, but hasn't dominated like he could, and should have.

Magette is a machine, but whenever he takes over games, everyone else is out of sync.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/31/2003  3:35 PM
Davis wouldnt be available for us. Cleveland wants more than just a pick, they are too young already. Maybe for players like Catino Mobley + change. He not even the type of player we need. Davis is a scorer. We have nothing to give in return anyway.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/31/2003  4:42 PM
One of the reasons these guys don't play hard is because they now know that Sterling will never pay big bucks to keep a team together. They knew this at the season's start. Why would they want to play if they know the team will be blown up even if they win?

Sterling is one of the worst, if not the worst, owner in pro sports.

I agree that Sterling shouldn't have to pay such a disappointing team, but Sterling is the main reason they are so disappointing, more than Gentry, more than the players themselves.
Posted by Caseloads:

you can't fault sterling for not paying major dollars to guys who aren't worth the max, period.

Lamar hasn't turned the clippers into a winner.

Brand has been solid, but he's not leading the clippers into the playoffs (don't get on my case, I know he's injured right now)

Andre Miller has the Clippers wishing that they had held onto Jeff McInnis

Olowokandi is good, but hasn't dominated like he could, and should have.

Magette is a machine, but whenever he takes over games, everyone else is out of sync.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/31/2003  5:19 PM
Too much selfish talent is never a good thing. I think the Clips miss Jeff McInnis more than they let on. He was the glue that kept the team flow. As for Sterling blame has to go his way. But the players agreed to the pay they received so they have to play hard from the beggining. They need to unload some talent and bring in role players. Keep the good star players like Brand, Odoms, Maggette. Move Olo and Miller. Tell Odoms and Brand that this is their team and let them take the role of captain for the team. Having focal point to teams is very important. Just as Spurs have Duncan, Lakers Kobe and Shaq, Celtics Pierce and Walker Philly Iverson, Orlando T-mac. The Clips need to go the same way.

The Knicks have focal points which are already there but the health of Dice is in question he is an integeral part of the Knicks to succeed.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/31/2003  5:29 PM
I read in the LA Times that the Clippers would be re-signing Brand and Odom and letting everyone else walk.

I don't know about you-but I have to think that Milwaukee is going to resign Desmond Mason after trading Ray Allen for him?

Chekkettes should just try to buy the Clippers instead of the Dodgers. Look at the talent base already in place. He could buy the team for 1/3 of what the Dodgers would cost and put some polish on it and then sell-off 49% after he runs up the franchise value.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ricky Davis and offseason battleplans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy