Latest movies saw
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/30/2008  12:40 AM
'Wanted' review

Went to go see this flick at the Grove today with my buddy & his wife. Doesn't phase me to be a 3rd wheel whenever I go there cuz there's some DAMN NICE eyecandy walking around everywhere. Going down the escalator his wife tells me I was getting the slick eye checks from a weak looking chick with an old lady hairdo & a puke green sweatervest. I'm the fuggin' man.

Anyway, here's my review of the movie. Definitely recommend you go see it.

Awesome action & inventive plot. Angelina Jolie is hot in this one & James McAvoy was great in the lead role. The gun shooting sequences were well done, felt like I was watching a John Woo movie. Only criticism I'd have is that the action sequences were so crazy they were completely unbelievable, but obviously that was the entire point of the movie.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2008  9:51 AM
^ cool, have been wanting to see this movie.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/30/2008  10:37 AM
I was dissapointed with the Hulk. I don't mind a love story, but I think that messed up the movie.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

6/30/2008  1:48 PM
Posted by TMS:

'Wanted' review

Went to go see this flick at the Grove today with my buddy & his wife. Doesn't phase me to be a 3rd wheel whenever I go there cuz there's some DAMN NICE eyecandy walking around everywhere. Going down the escalator his wife tells me I was getting the slick eye checks from a weak looking chick with an old lady hairdo & a puke green sweatervest. I'm the fuggin' man.

Awesome action & inventive plot. Angelina Jolie is hot in this one & James McAvoy was great in the lead role. The gun shooting sequences were well done, felt like I was watching a John Woo movie. Only criticism I'd have is that the action sequences were so crazy they were completely unbelievable, but obviously that was the entire point of the movie.

I love a good action flick so I'm going to check this out. Not to mention I'm digging James McAvoy and that Scottish accent. Angelina Jolie is one my favorite actresses.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2008  2:29 PM
Went to see WANTED and it was not playing at the theatre so we saw HANCOCK instead.

We really enjoyed it. Will Smith was excellent and it was unpredicatable.

This chick flick is out now:

Made me think of Bonn for some reason.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/2/2008  3:54 PM
Posted by TMS:

'Wanted' review

I liked it. My best description of it is Office Space meets the Matrix. If you liked those two movies, you should like this one.
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
7/2/2008  11:33 PM
I saw Ironmna! Phenomenal!!!

I saw Jumper! I like the idea and it has potential. Just the wrong actors (Jackson needs no introduction).

I joined Netflix! Why didn't I do that a long time ago?

I saw Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull! Loved it!

I saw Elizabeth The Golden Age. Really liked that one (yeah, I think the royals are interesting)

I saw Chapter 27. Thought it was very interesting and couldn't believe it was shot in a studio (no pun intended).

I'm about to see Fort Apache The Bronx. I saw it back in the 70's, but it was just time again.

I been watching the entire The X-Files all over again. I'm just about to start season six and have to finish before the new Movie comes out. I'm a huge fan of the series.

I'd like to see:
Mongol
The Happening
Get Smart
Wall-E
Hellboy 2
And many, many more

I think that covers the last couple months

I'll never trust this' team again.
USA
7/2/2008  11:36 PM
1.) alien vs. predator requim:

I saw it to. Actually, I didn't think this one was bad. I actually found it entertaining. And the only reason I watched it was because I had nothing else to do. Those Aliens man, they find new ways to survive and develop.
USA
7/3/2008  3:39 AM
Posted by 4949:

I'm about to see Fort Apache The Bronx. I saw it back in the 70's, but it was just time again.

Ooops! I could've sworn this was in the 70's. It actually came out in 1981. Close enough. But I very much enjoyed it. I didn't realize at the time that it had such big up and coming cast of stars. Newman & Asner were the only biggest names 27 years ago. Great cast though.
TMS
USA
7/13/2008  4:30 AM

Totally loved it! Fight sequences were awesome & the makeup & character designs were really well done & very original. The CGI wasn't too over the top & alot of the special effects were achieved using great makeup, stage sets & costuming instead, which gave this movie an old school "Star Wars" feel to it that I really enjoyed. Sorta like a cross between "Lord of the Rings", "X-Men" & "Underworld" in terms of storyline & characters, w/a little humor mixed in to keep the movie from getting too heavy.

You don't have to have watched the first Hellboy to get this one either, which was also something I liked. Much better than the original also. I almost wish it was a little longer so they could have developed the villain's backstory a little more, cuz he was an awesome character.

4 smileys. Definitely recommend you guys go see this one.

next up: The Dark Knight... can't wait!

[Edited by - TMS on 07-13-2008 01:31 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
USA
7/13/2008  10:03 AM
Saw Indiana Jones and was bored with it.
USA
7/16/2008  1:15 AM
Posted by TMS:

Totally loved it! Fight sequences were awesome & the makeup & character designs were really well done & very original. The CGI wasn't too over the top & alot of the special effects were achieved using great makeup, stage sets & costuming instead, which gave this movie an old school "Star Wars" feel to it that I really enjoyed. Sorta like a cross between "Lord of the Rings", "X-Men" & "Underworld" in terms of storyline & characters, w/a little humor mixed in to keep the movie from getting too heavy.

You don't have to have watched the first Hellboy to get this one either, which was also something I liked. Much better than the original also. I almost wish it was a little longer so they could have developed the villain's backstory a little more, cuz he was an awesome character.

4 smileys. Definitely recommend you guys go see this one.

next up: The Dark Knight... can't wait!

[Edited by - TMS on 07-13-2008 01:31 AM]

Cool TMS! I almost forgot about it. I'm gonna go see it in the next two days! I'm a big Hellboy fan! I have all of the action figures hanging on the wall from the first movie.

Dark Knight totally bugs me. Shot in chicago, it's just not the same and never really was, to tell you the truth. Not since it started these movie films. I guess I never broke away from those t.v. classics.
USA
7/16/2008  1:19 AM
I saw 'Mongol'. Very interesting. The special affects where a little off, but the story was very interesting. For once, someone finally told the story of Genghis Kahn. He wasn't the big murderous dictator that he's always been portrayed as. If your okay with subtitles, then I think you'll really like this story.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/16/2008  1:47 AM
I saw Hellboy 2 on Sunday. I honestly enjoyed the first one much more than the second, although 2 had several moments I couldn't help but burst out laughing. All in all, decent movie, but not one I plan on adding to my collection.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Already have tickets for The Dark Knight. It's hard not to get pumped about this movie. This summer has turned me back into a comic book geek all over again.

Saw The Incredible Hulk about 2 weeks ago. Not much of a Hulk fan, but I felt I had to see it to keep up with the Marvel continuity. I was actually impressed with it. Not quite as amazing as Iron Man, but still pretty damn good.

Marvel has been collecting a spot on cast for these movies.
USA
7/17/2008  3:42 AM
Hey, 7 of 10 isn't bad. I saw it yesterday and I thought it was great! Definately Hellboy's a much better fighter in this one and the costumes, and variety in the goblins underground mall was pretty cool. Several funny moments in this movie. And boy' what an ugly kid he was!!! The Barry Manilow thing was hallarious! And Dr. Kraus (hellboy calls him Kr-asshol) was a very interesting character. I love the first one. I just like the whole idea of the Devil being an action hero in NYC. I wonder what happened to Miles? I liked his character. And obviously sequels to come. It gets a little goofy and washy in a few scenes, but still worth seeing. If your not sure you want to see it in the theater, then renting it is just as good.
TMS
USA
7/17/2008  4:09 AM
the next one should be interesting... don't wanna give the ending away to those who didn't see it tho... i hope they have as interesting a villain as this one had.
martin
USA
7/17/2008  8:13 AM
Posted by TMS:

'Wanted' review

just saw this... didn't have high expectations and liked. The plot was kind of messed up IMHO. But action scenes were fun. And Angelina was hot.
USA
7/17/2008  2:04 PM
Posted by TMS:

the next one should be interesting... don't wanna give the ending away to those who didn't see it tho... i hope they have as interesting a villain as this one had.

Yeah, at first I thought, okay' a guy with white hair, but the sister brother thing was interesting.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/18/2008  3:43 AM
Went to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight.

It was incredible. The movie shows why the Joker is the greatest villain of all time with its twisted humor. Even with all the hype over Ledger's performance, he still managed to exceed expectations.

The ending was not left as open as I had expected and I'm beginning to wonder if there will be a third movie. While everyone has assumed there will be a trilogy, I believe Bale was only under contract for 3 movies with Warner Bros. and according to the previews, he'll be in the new Terminator movie.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/18/2008  1:36 PM
have MANY reviews but i will start with the old ones and after this weekedn ( when i watch the dark knight) i will do the rest:

wall-e: so far, the best movie of the summer. i was thoroughly impressed by the animation and the story itself. the characters are funny even though they have limited speaking parts. wall-e is so cute that it makes bumblebee look like an ogre. note: very good message about the american people and the direction we are headed.

hancock: will smith in july. can you go wrong? this movie was entertaining with smith delivering some great one liners. though not as energetic as his other comic roles like bad boys, he was very funny. he played the role of a down and out wash up hero before ( the great and underappreciated i robot), but he seems colder and condenscending which was a treat. however, when he changes his attitude, besides the original shock , it loses its steam. not a must see movie like other movies but good enough.

incredible hulk: i think i reviewed it on the hulk thread and didn't like it at first. then i saw it a second time and it was GOOD. i liked it better than iron man because it delivered in a big way and focused on the anti-hero hulk, not a tormented being like the first one. the sfx were great though the hulk itself looked cartoonish in some instances. however, if you can tolerate how gollum looked in lotr movies, then you can tolerate this one. norton was spot on with the role which reminded me of bill bixby.

hellboy 2: let me start off by saying this. i HATED the first hellboy. with that said, i was forced by a friend to watch this and i am glad i did. now that the characters are established, they start to flesh out to very likable personalities, especailly abe, the amphibian man. i really enjoyed the banter between hellboy and the new german spectre official. they provided the most memorable scenes with the official being very proffessional and to the t and hellboy so irreverent and impulsiver. del toro really outdid himself with the setting and special effects in this one. anyone who knows his work would have realized it anyway with his great work in blade 2 and pan's labrynth. good movie.

i would have to say that this is the best summer movie season in a LONG time. i haven't seen a bad movie yet. let's hope they keep it rolling with dark knight, mummy 3 and tropic thunder.
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy