orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
2/1/2011  4:00 PM
orangeblobman wrote:
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
Marv wrote:just saw a prophet on netflix. wow was that a gripping prison movie. the geographical and cultural issues it touched on made it even more so. a couple of characters and a couple of scenes are going to be playing out in my mind for a few days now.

is that the one with the algerian youth in a french prison that rises through the criminal hierarchy to become head of the muslim gang?

--***SPOILER ALERT***--

yes it is.

it was very good.

which scenes will be in your mind for a few days? I saw it almost a year ago and I still remember the scene where he slashed the gay guy's throat in the cell with a razor he hid in his mouth.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
AUTOADVERT
jimimou
Alba Posts: 36
Lame Alba Posts: 1
Member: #681
USA
2/1/2011  5:13 PM
i saw that movie. sick sick flick.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/3/2011  10:24 AM
I want to see this movie. Red Riding Hood. A horror take on a childrens fable.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/3/2011  12:08 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I want to see this movie. Red Riding Hood. A horror take on a childrens fable.

oh AWESOME. Thanks for letting me know about this. Definitely on my list now.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/3/2011  4:39 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I want to see this movie. Red Riding Hood. A horror take on a childrens fable.

oh AWESOME. Thanks for letting me know about this. Definitely on my list now.

dont know about this. they did this with that 80's movie "in the company of wolves". that movie wasnt that great.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/4/2011  9:44 AM
orangeblobman wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
Marv wrote:just saw a prophet on netflix. wow was that a gripping prison movie. the geographical and cultural issues it touched on made it even more so. a couple of characters and a couple of scenes are going to be playing out in my mind for a few days now.

is that the one with the algerian youth in a french prison that rises through the criminal hierarchy to become head of the muslim gang?

--***SPOILER ALERT***--

yes it is.

it was very good.

which scenes will be in your mind for a few days? I saw it almost a year ago and I still remember the scene where he slashed the gay guy's throat in the cell with a razor he hid in his mouth.

yeah that was intense.

also - the scene where the corsican mob boss tries to take his eye out with a spoon

the shoot-out INSIDE a car!

the general sense of unease and pending violence that may erupt at any second.

really well-done and compelling film. i recommend it. a few scenes where you’ll just have to close your eyes if you’re a squeamish wuss like me.

Marv
2/5/2011  8:54 AM
saw black swan last night. was expecting something really good and instead got subjected to a total piece of crap. seriously wtf? some sort of slasher/hallucinogenic/bette davis-joan crawford/carrie/women-on-the-verge-of-nervous-breakdown attempt there? total total garbage. save your benjamins fellas.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/5/2011  11:57 AM
I know I'm going to have to wait until it comes out on DVD, but did anybody see the Tourist? How was it? As a Jolie and Depp fan, it was something I really wanted to check out.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander

2/5/2011  9:27 PM
Marv wrote:saw black swan last night. was expecting something really good and instead got subjected to a total piece of crap. seriously wtf? some sort of slasher/hallucinogenic/bette davis-joan crawford/carrie/women-on-the-verge-of-nervous-breakdown attempt there? total total garbage. save your benjamins fellas.

I saw it today. Mila Kunis goes down on Natalie Portman, so that was nice. But I saw it with my mom, which ruined it.

Marv
2/6/2011  3:00 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:saw black swan last night. was expecting something really good and instead got subjected to a total piece of crap. seriously wtf? some sort of slasher/hallucinogenic/bette davis-joan crawford/carrie/women-on-the-verge-of-nervous-breakdown attempt there? total total garbage. save your benjamins fellas.

I saw it today. Mila Kunis goes down on Natalie Portman, so that was nice. But I saw it with my mom, which ruined it.

yeah the lesbo scene definitely had merit. SC: "yo mom, would you go grab us some popcorn real quick?"

overall what did you think of the movie?

orangeblobman
Nauru
2/7/2011  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2011  8:09 AM
I saw this Croatian movie called Metastases. It's about the social problems plaguing post-war Croatia. Drugs, booze, unemployment. Top quality movie from a small country. It might surprise you.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2011  8:27 AM

Same here. Did not know where all the good reviews came from? I could not get past the first 30 min.

SupremeCommander

2/7/2011  1:00 PM
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

yeah the lesbo scene definitely had merit. SC: "yo mom, would you go grab us some popcorn real quick?"

I was confused about the scene-to-scene. I am inclined to say it wasn't great.

My mom thought it was pretty good, which confused me, because she usually hates movies like this. But she was a ballet mom for my sister, who could've pursued it at the Lincoln Center. The scenes with the crazy mom were good. And how Natalie Portman lived in this little bubble wa completely believable. All the pressure the girls all face is real. For example, my sister broke her toe and hid that because she had a main role in the Nutcracker--she danced the entire production on a broken big toe.

So all the pressure inducing a psychotic break was believable. But I thought there was a certain continuity that was lacking. I think I liked it if you can look at it from a bird's eye view and reflect on it. But hated its flow and the actual viewing experience kinda sucked

Marv
2/7/2011  8:44 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I was confused about the scene-to-scene. I am inclined to say it wasn't great.

My mom thought it was pretty good, which confused me, because she usually hates movies like this. But she was a ballet mom for my sister, who could've pursued it at the Lincoln Center. The scenes with the crazy mom were good. And how Natalie Portman lived in this little bubble wa completely believable. All the pressure the girls all face is real. For example, my sister broke her toe and hid that because she had a main role in the Nutcracker--she danced the entire production on a broken big toe.

So all the pressure inducing a psychotic break was believable. But I thought there was a certain continuity that was lacking. I think I liked it if you can look at it from a bird's eye view and reflect on it. But hated its flow and the actual viewing experience kinda sucked

good analysis. and mad props to your mom for liking the movie despite it depicting the ballet mom as a raging borderline lunatic. it's actually very cool and funny that she still liked it

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/10/2011  1:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2011  1:55 AM
Hey anyone seen Orphan? That girl was creepy as F. Sinister..And the revelation about who she really is is nuts..Good movie..There's a few evil kid movies like this out there--this is probably the best one.
orangeblobman
Nauru
2/10/2011  7:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2011  7:21 AM
Yea, I saw Orpahn. It was scarrryyy, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Creeped me out, man. I saw a movie from Hong Kong about the same thing, except it was a little boy, and he was evil, man. I'll try to find it.

If I see a kid with their parents, I'm always like, hey man, you sure that's a kid or is it an adult, and he's waiting to kill you and your pets?

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/14/2011  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2011  7:52 PM
Just my 2 cents on a couple of flicks I just saw:

My Soul To Take -- In a word, awful..A complete incoherent mess..I was determined to see it through to the end but truth be told, I should've turned it off much earlier. A stinker. Don't waste your time..

Paranormal Activity 2 -- If you liked the first one (and I did) this is a nice follow-up. A prequel that actually precedes the original, then overlaps it before finally adding a creepy little epilogue to conclude matters (don't recall ever seeing a movie with this broad a scope before--pretty ingenious), it's a little slow at times (OK already with the same filler shots of the pool at night over and over) but when the **** hits the fan, it delievered..Pretty believeable as far as stuff like this goes (the skeptical father's reactions to things, etc..actually every character in the movie is pretty believable) and what sealed the deal for me, it respected the original's story in such a way that you understood 3/4 of the way through why there's no mention of this movie's events in the first film..Hard to explain w/o getting into details but check it out and you'll see what I mean. You can tell they actually took their time while crafting the story, something that's not always the case, esp. when it comes to horror movie sequels--some care and thought went into this...As always with stuff like this, you'll have to look the other way & suspend disbelief, quite a few times in fact (come on, you don't call the police right off the bat when you thought it was a break in? When the teenage daughter gets locked out she lets all that time go by w/o going to the neighbor's for help or to use their phone to call the parents and tell them to come home pronto [the parents come home that evening oblivious to what happened]?? The father pays all that money to install video cameras in every room and then never seems to care enough to review the tape from the night before?? Never an attempt to flee the house at the first sign of trouble???) but all in all it was a good time. Me and the old lady dug it..

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/15/2011  1:54 PM
Finestrg wrote:Hey anyone seen Orphan? That girl was creepy as F. Sinister..And the revelation about who she really is is nuts..Good movie..There's a few evil kid movies like this out there--this is probably the best one.

Agreed - that movie was crazy, I saw it a long time ago and it still creeps me out.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/15/2011  8:36 PM
this joint looks awesome... can't wait til it's out

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
orangeblobman
Nauru
2/15/2011  9:21 PM
Saw "Cyrus" last night. It's with John Riley and Tomei and that fat Noah kid.

It was pretty good. The ending was sort of rushed, abrupt, but the acting was out of this world. Really sucked you in, like vacuum.

Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy