[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/5/2010  2:38 AM
orangeblobman wrote:I saw Grown Ups last night and it was the worst movie I have ever seen. It was so bad I couldn't believe me eyes. Do not see it.

my friends tell me Warrior's Way was the worst movie they've ever seen... guess i'll be skipping that one too

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/6/2010  12:24 PM
saw black swan last night. incredibly disturbing while also funny at parts. really bizarre movie. when it ended nobody in the theater moved, everyone was just kind of shocked/dumbfounded by what had happened (not specifically b/c of the ending but the movie overall.) excellent movie though, definitely worth the price of admission. rare that a movie makes you feel so much for the characters and tugs your emotions. aronofsky strikes again. natalie portman is brilliant.
#Knickstaps
TMS
USA
1/11/2011  5:47 PM
can't get enough of these kinds of movies

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
1/11/2011  7:52 PM
Me too, TMS, I love movies that depict those very old days.

But hey, I saw "The Town", the other day, and it was off the chain raw.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/12/2011  9:49 AM
I think there was some discussion about Shutter Island a while back - I saw it again last week (its up streaming on Netflix now) - definitely worth a second viewing if you have already seen it, and if you havent - you need to watch it. Crazy flick.

I dont want to ruin anything but the movie is a totally different experience seeing it the second time and Scorsese and the cast actually filmed it that way on purpose. Brilliant film making.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/12/2011  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2011  10:47 AM
OasisBU wrote:I think there was some discussion about Shutter Island a while back - I saw it again last week (its up streaming on Netflix now) - definitely worth a second viewing if you have already seen it, and if you havent - you need to watch it. Crazy flick.

I dont want to ruin anything but the movie is a totally different experience seeing it the second time and Scorsese and the cast actually filmed it that way on purpose. Brilliant film making.

What!? I have to give it a shot. What does young fella say at the end, would you rather think you're crazy and be crazy, or think you're right and be normal, that's not it at all, that's not what he said. But it was great when I first heard it.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/25/2011  9:39 AM
Saw Animal Kingdom last night. It's an awesome movie! This young kid goes from weak to strong. A lot of violence and drug use.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/25/2011  5:22 PM
Just saw the remake of "I Spit On Your Grave". Very tough watch in the first half of the movie.

I also just saw "Tomorrow, When the War Began". Very good Aussie flick. Kinda like Red Dawn. Some countries are making the series a must read for young adults and has included it in their curiculum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series

TMS
USA
1/25/2011  5:37 PM
^ good to see the Asian bro gets some play.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/25/2011  9:13 PM
True Grit was a real good movie. I don't know who the young girl was, but she was fantastic. She'll be a great actress because she already is. The ending was kind of rushed though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
USA
1/25/2011  10:04 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:True Grit was a real good movie. I don't know who the young girl was, but she was fantastic. She'll be a great actress because she already is. The ending was kind of rushed though.

I agree. That was a very good movie. Damon really is the anti-Affleck. Did you see the original? I wonder how much they deviated from the original.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/27/2011  10:28 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Just saw the remake of "I Spit On Your Grave". Very tough watch in the first half of the movie.

I also just saw "Tomorrow, When the War Began". Very good Aussie flick. Kinda like Red Dawn. Some countries are making the series a must read for young adults and has included it in their curiculum.

Oooh, I heard about Tomorrow, When the War Began awhile ago -- back when the Red Dawn remake first surfaced. Where did you see this bro? Is it out on video? Didn't think it was available to see in America yet. I have to look for it.

Anyone else looking forward to Battle: Los Angeles? 03/11/11. This thing looks sick! As long as it's better than Skyline I'll be happy. That flick sucked!! LOL!

TNT has an alien invasion series coming out soon called Fallen Skies with Noah Wyle that looks pretty cool too if you're into **** like this..

Other flicks on my radar: The Rite (comes out tommorrow), Insidious (haunted house/possessed kid flick by James Wan who made Saw), Sanctum, Super 8, Cowboys and Aliens, & The Thing (a prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 classic..I can't wait for this -- Carpenter's The Thing might be my favorite flick of all time..Definitely top 5).

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/29/2011  1:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2011  1:33 AM
"Exit throught the gift shop" was interesting. "Food inc" is a must see."Botany of desire" i thought was great. "Pan's Labirinth" is one of my favorite non-documentaries, an amazing movie.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
NYKBocker
USA
1/31/2011  12:54 PM
Finestrg wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Just saw the remake of "I Spit On Your Grave". Very tough watch in the first half of the movie.

Oooh, I heard about Tomorrow, When the War Began awhile ago -- back when the Red Dawn remake first surfaced. Where did you see this bro? Is it out on video? Didn't think it was available to see in America yet. I have to look for it.

Anyone else looking forward to Battle: Los Angeles? 03/11/11. This thing looks sick! As long as it's better than Skyline I'll be happy. That flick sucked!! LOL!

TNT has an alien invasion series coming out soon called Fallen Skies with Noah Wyle that looks pretty cool too if you're into **** like this..

Other flicks on my radar: The Rite (comes out tommorrow), Insidious (haunted house/possessed kid flick by James Wan who made Saw), Sanctum, Super 8, Cowboys and Aliens, & The Thing (a prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 classic..I can't wait for this -- Carpenter's The Thing might be my favorite flick of all time..Definitely top 5).

Not sure how you feel about downloading movies but there it is

jusnice
Member: #2931
USA
1/31/2011  4:01 PM
Saw the Fighter yesterday and was really impressed. Bale should be up for best actor, forget supporting. The role he played and his transformation were really, really awesome. Highly recommend this flick.
gr33d
Member: #1097
USA
2/1/2011  6:51 AM
jusnice wrote:Saw the Fighter yesterday and was really impressed. Bale should be up for best actor, forget supporting. The role he played and his transformation were really, really awesome. Highly recommend this flick.

Agreed, saw this Saturday. I never knew that family was such a train-wreck.

Very good movie.

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/1/2011  8:01 AM
just saw a prophet on netflix. wow was that a gripping prison movie. the geographical and cultural issues it touched on made it even more so. a couple of characters and a couple of scenes are going to be playing out in my mind for a few days now.
orangeblobman
Nauru
2/1/2011  8:31 AM
Marv wrote:just saw a prophet on netflix. wow was that a gripping prison movie. the geographical and cultural issues it touched on made it even more so. a couple of characters and a couple of scenes are going to be playing out in my mind for a few days now.

is that the one with the algerian youth in a french prison that rises through the criminal hierarchy to become head of the muslim gang?

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/1/2011  9:12 AM
orangeblobman wrote:
Marv wrote:just saw a prophet on netflix. wow was that a gripping prison movie. the geographical and cultural issues it touched on made it even more so. a couple of characters and a couple of scenes are going to be playing out in my mind for a few days now.

is that the one with the algerian youth in a french prison that rises through the criminal hierarchy to become head of the muslim gang?

--***SPOILER ALERT***--

yes it is.

orangeblobman
Nauru
2/1/2011  9:31 AM
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

--***SPOILER ALERT***--

yes it is.

it was very good.

Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy