[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/18/2008  2:09 PM
dark knight was absolutely incredible, ledger killed it as joker.

i too wonder if they'll make another, batman begins and then the dark knight would be a pretty impressive legacy, begins was great and dark knight was just phenomenal.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Member: #1126
USA
7/19/2008  9:37 PM
Just 13 more X-Files disks (about 48 more episodes) to get through, to finish the entire series and then I can go see the Movie. Whew! It's so overwhelming that I'm starting to dream about Scully on a regular basis. I figure two more weeks should do it.
I'll never trust this' team again.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/20/2008  8:14 AM
I was waiting for this movie for the longest but I came away pretty disappointed. There was just way too much social commentary nonsense going on about morality & not nearly enough action. Heath Ledger was very good as the Joker but I didn't come away wowed from the presentation of the visual elements like I did after watching 'Batman Begins'. The entire fantasy feel of Gotham City & the awesome cinematography that were so perfectly captured in the first movie don't come across in this one at all. It feels like it was shot in any big city you come across. Maggie Gyllenhaal looked pretty whack in this movie too. I grew increasingly annoyed at looking at her sagging face throughout. Yeah, I'm hatin' but I expected way, way more than what I got. I don't agree with all the hype about this one at all.

2 & a half bats for this one.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
USA
7/20/2008  1:38 PM
You mean the fantasy feel of 'chicago'. That's were it was shot.
TMS
USA
7/20/2008  7:42 PM
yeah, if u noticed in the first movie, the buildings & rail system that ran throughout Gotham was CGI enhanced to add an awesome fantasy setting feel to it... this movie had none of that... it was just some city that had no distinction from any city you can visit anywhere... i think this movie coulda been so much more well produced & presented.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

7/20/2008  8:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

yeah, if u noticed in the first movie, the buildings & rail system that ran throughout Gotham was CGI enhanced to add an awesome fantasy setting feel to it... this movie had none of that... it was just some city that had no distinction from any city you can visit anywhere... i think this movie coulda been so much more well produced & presented.

Did you see the trailer for Watchmen? It looks ridiculously good even though the storyline is extremely complex so it will be interesting to see how they pull it off.

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/
TMS
USA
7/20/2008  9:08 PM
i did see it, but i'm clueless to the graphic novel so i don't really know what to expect outta this flick... i thought the wannabe Batman costume looks a little lame tho... dunno what that's all about.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/20/2008  10:05 PM
i'm with tms on that, i thought batman was OK. ok in a good way but nothing that blew me away.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/20/2008  10:06 PM
Posted by TMS:

i did see it, but i'm clueless to the graphic novel so i don't really know what to expect outta this flick... i thought the wannabe Batman costume looks a little lame tho... dunno what that's all about.

tms, check out the thread i created on it...

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=27822
TMS
USA
7/20/2008  10:16 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i'm with tms on that, i thought batman was OK. ok in a good way but nothing that blew me away.

Batman Begins was sooo much better... i hope Bale's next Terminator flick blows my socks off... i'ma have some really high expectations for that one too.
USA
7/21/2008  8:20 AM
Posted by TMS:

The only reason any major films companies are making anything in chicago is because illinois offers a tax cut. chicago in building mass is only 1/4 the size of NYC (1/6 the size when it comes to skyscrapers). So if you guys notice, there some very open spaces just outside of downtown in these films. I must also point out that major film is very important to chicago, as they try hard to get exposure in competing for the 2016 summer olympics, pushing the chicago scrubs to win it's first world series in over a hundred years and getting one of it's very own citizens into the white house. This is one reason why Batman of all characters ended up becoming a chicagoan. We all know where the real Gotham City is and why I refuse to watch it.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/21/2008  11:46 PM
dark knight- well, i had high expectations going into this movie. this exceeded them. let me tell you this, i dislike dc characters so it is hard to admit that this is not only the best superhero movie of the summer, but probably the best superhero movie ever! although batman is the only dc character i like ( though superman and green lantern intrigues me), i personally think he is more related to marvel characters. obviously, watching this it sort of plays more akin to a crime drama, like the old detective comic series, than a typical batman comic or movie. watching this, not once did i feel this was a comic book movie. it felt like a combination of other movies like miami vice, speed, and definately james bond. he uses some extreme and realistic gadgets that would put iron man to shame. this is more brutal than any other pg-13 comic book movie and ledger's joker is more sinister. this is the joker from the "killing joke" not the "bam,pow" joker of the 1960's or the superfriends show. great performances all around and FINALLY some great action that was lacking in the other one. The only superhero movie that comes close to this imo is x2. this is an excellent movie.
USA
7/23/2008  11:14 PM
Saw 'Wall-E'

Phenomenal!!

Not only the best animation I have ever seen (thus far), but definitely one of the best SCI-FI's I ever seen also.

Highly recommended!!
USA
8/3/2008  11:47 PM
Saw 'Get Smart'. The first half of the movie wasn't really that funny, but it really got going in the second half. Really enjoyed it, very funny. Alan Arkin was pretty good in it also.
USA
8/6/2008  12:00 AM
Just watched 'Killer Kiss'. Created by Stanley Kubrick. Fascinating B/W film with phenomenal cinematography. Some fantastic shots of old New York City back in the mid 50's. The cast and story were not all that great, but the film itself was a sight to see.
USA
8/7/2008  12:25 AM
Wow' just finished the X-Files. Now to see the movie. The last disk was pretty good and a nice way to go out. In my opinion, this show should have continued. I was just getting used to Monica and Doggett.
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
8/11/2008  6:58 PM
Posted by TMS:

I was waiting for this movie for the longest but I came away pretty disappointed. There was just way too much social commentary nonsense going on about morality & not nearly enough action. Heath Ledger was very good as the Joker but I didn't come away wowed from the presentation of the visual elements like I did after watching 'Batman Begins'. The entire fantasy feel of Gotham City & the awesome cinematography that were so perfectly captured in the first movie don't come across in this one at all. It feels like it was shot in any big city you come across. Maggie Gyllenhaal looked pretty whack in this movie too. I grew increasingly annoyed at looking at her sagging face throughout. Yeah, I'm hatin' but I expected way, way more than what I got. I don't agree with all the hype about this one at all.

2 & a half bats for this one.

This movie is better than just OK. It was better than Batman Begins. I think it's a great movie with some great acting some everyone involved.

I just saw it yesterday BTW. It was awesome.
"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
TMS
USA
8/12/2008  12:38 AM
it was OK
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
8/12/2008  1:41 AM
Posted by TMS:

it was OK

"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
USA
8/13/2008  7:25 AM
Well, I watched The X-Files: I Want To Believe. I found myself disappointed. There were about three to four different stories going on in this one, with Scully pouting throughout the movie, asking Mulder to stop. I got the feeling there was some kind of underlying message here. Chris Carter said it had to succeed for there to be more future films. They did a bad job on the story. This may be it.
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy