[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

it's funny how... (by caseloads, a must read)
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/21/2003  3:36 PM
it's funny how quiet things are on this chat board

it's funny how quiet the NBA is before the trading deadline and the all-star break

it's funny how the Lakers still might miss the playoffs, with shaq, kobe and phil jackson

it's funny how mark jackson is playing very well in Utah

it's funny how latrell sprewell and allan houston seem to be shells of the players they were under jeff van gundy. sure houston has better stats this season, but what is it worth?

it's funny how we can't ever develop any young talent on this team

it's funny how New Yorkers seem to have forgotten that we even have an NBA team

it's funny how the heat have fallen off just like we have

it's funny how Don Chaney still has a job

it's funny how Kurt Thomas is getting attention for the All-Star game, when two years ago, he wasn't getting attention, except from the ref's whistle

it's funny how no one mentions LeBron coming to NY anymore

it's funny how no one ever hears about Jahidi White, or Marc Jackson

it's funny how even Peter Vescey doesn't care enough about NYK's to rip them in the Post, he leaves that to Berman

it's funny how Othella used to be a starting PF in this league, and still is, for the Knicks

it's funny how Fredric Weis still comes back to haunt us

it's funny how Milos might not even join the team next year

it's funny how all the energy in the Garden seemed to disappear when Van Gundy left

it's funny how LJ has distanced himself from the Knicks

it's funny how Ewing is in Washington, as a coach, and Starks is AWOL

it's funny how Herb Williams has a job with the Knicks and Ewing or LJ don't

it's funny how Travis Knight is active and Frank Williams is on the IL, and Chaney wont put Knight there

it's funny how Stanley Roberts is some of the biggest Knicks gossip this year

it's funny how Magic Johnson (what a funny name if you think about it, and the position he's in) would probably only mess this team up more

it's funny how ESPN has the Knicks ranked as the second to last, worst professional sports franchise in existance

it's funny that we still have zero legit small forwards on our squad

it's funny how we can't seem to trade anyone for anyone decent

it's funny how most of our ballers, past and present have played for Utah at some pt

it's funny how both Antonio McDyess and Camby are injured

it's funny how Nene is exactly the type of baller we needed

it's funny how we have the largest payroll

it's funny how we are still within reach of the playoffs

it's funny how there are no coaches on the horizon that could make a difference here

it's funny how this is going to be the same team, due to contract size and length, for a long time

it's funny how none of our (undersized) power forwards dont have any power

it's funny how Cablevision is bankrupt

it's funny how the Nets have left us in the dust

it's funny how no celebs show up for knicks games anymore

it's funny how we're not on any station other than MSG

it's funny how talking about the sad state of affairs with the knicks is not funny
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/21/2003  4:41 PM
Its funny how there is nothing to look forward to but the game picker.

I don't know if its a good thing but the Knicks may get the playoff or just miss it. I really don't like going to the playoffs knowing that the team has no chance of winning a championship. I would rather get a high draft pick and possibly land a franchise player that will make it worth while to get to the playoffs. I bleed Orange and blue but they need to lose for their own good but the organization is sold out and the suits could really careless about the fans desire for a championship. The players play hard and they could careless if the team got LeBron or the next great basketball god their job is to win its the managements job to make sure the teams outlook is bright for the future. The NYK out look doesn't look bright at all they are headed for a sad state of mediocrity, it will get you in the playoffs some year but it will never win you a championship.
Caseloads
1/21/2003  4:54 PM
Posted by Vmart:

I forgot that one.

Even as the gamepicker leader in like 3 categories, it's hard picking an L, or even the W, because they are both meaningless. It sucks, because even if we did get LeBron, I feel that he'd be mishandled on the Knicks. Look at Frank Williams... I'm sure that he could be doing more than just SITTING on the IL.
Vmart
USA
1/21/2003  5:14 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:

I forgot that one.

Even as the gamepicker leader in like 3 categories, it's hard picking an L, or even the W, because they are both meaningless. It sucks, because even if we did get LeBron, I feel that he'd be mishandled on the Knicks. Look at Frank Williams... I'm sure that he could be doing more than just SITTING on the IL.

I agree with you there. NYK past history makes one believe they haven't a clue as to how to develope talent. I look at the Nets and shake my head. Martin, Jefferson, Collins and Harris these guys are young and it make me envious as to how they have been able to develop them so fast. Playoffs are NYK's curse they just want to make the playoffs they have no other goal but the playoffs for 17 years they have been buying players just so they can get to the playoffs. Fans on the other hand want championships. In that span of time they didn't bring one championship home.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2003  5:35 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

it's funny how quiet things are on this chat board

it's funny how quiet the NBA is before the trading deadline and the all-star break

it's funny how the Lakers still might miss the playoffs, with shaq, kobe and phil jackson

it's funny how mark jackson is playing very well in Utah

it's funny how latrell sprewell and allan houston seem to be shells of the players they were under jeff van gundy. sure houston has better stats this season, but what is it worth?

it's funny how we can't ever develop any young talent on this team

it's funny how New Yorkers seem to have forgotten that we even have an NBA team

it's funny how the heat have fallen off just like we have

it's funny how Don Chaney still has a job

it's funny how Kurt Thomas is getting attention for the All-Star game, when two years ago, he wasn't getting attention, except from the ref's whistle

it's funny how no one mentions LeBron coming to NY anymore

it's funny how even Peter Vescey doesn't care enough about NYK's to rip them in the Post, he leaves that to Berman

it's funny how Othella used to be a starting PF in this league, and still is, for the Knicks

it's funny how Fredric Weis still comes back to haunt us

it's funny how Milos might not even join the team next year

it's funny how all the energy in the Garden seemed to disappear when Van Gundy left

it's funny how LJ has distanced himself from the Knicks

it's funny how Ewing is in Washington, as a coach, and Starks is AWOL

it's funny how Herb Williams has a job with the Knicks and Ewing or LJ don't

it's funny how Travis Knight is active and Frank Williams is on the IL, and Chaney wont put Knight there

it's funny how Stanley Roberts is some of the biggest Knicks gossip this year

it's funny how Magic Johnson (what a funny name if you think about it, and the position he's in) would probably only mess this team up more

it's funny how ESPN has the Knicks ranked as the second to last, worst professional sports franchise in existance

it's funny that we still have zero legit small forwards on our squad

it's funny how we can't seem to trade anyone for anyone decent

it's funny how most of our ballers, past and present have played for Utah at some pt

it's funny how both Antonio McDyess and Camby are injured

it's funny how Nene is exactly the type of baller we needed

it's funny how we have the largest payroll

it's funny how we are still within reach of the playoffs

it's funny how there are no coaches on the horizon that could make a difference here

it's funny how this is going to be the same team, due to contract size and length, for a long time

it's funny how none of our (undersized) power forwards dont have any power

it's funny how Cablevision is bankrupt

it's funny how the Nets have left us in the dust

it's funny how no celebs show up for knicks games anymore

it's funny how we're not on any station other than MSG

it's funny how talking about the sad state of affairs with the knicks is not funny

I'll steal your line: truth.

Literally, with the Knicks this year, there is just nothing worth watching, talking about, getting exited about. Nothing.

you are so right on with the above.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
1/21/2003  7:33 PM
has anyone tried Haagen Daas Mango Sorbet? it's ridiculously nice...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/22/2003  2:34 PM
It's funny how the Knicks still have more fans than the Nets.
#Knickstaps
Dan1078
Member: #283
1/22/2003  3:00 PM
Yeah, it's funny how you will all be back on the Knick bandwagon when they rattle off 5 wins in a row.
martin
USA
1/22/2003  3:27 PM
Posted by Dan1078:

Yeah, it's funny how you will all be back on the Knick bandwagon when they rattle off 5 wins in a row.

I think you under-estimate Knick fans. They are all or nothing. The team/organization the Dolan has put together over the past 5 seasons has turned to crap. The fans know it too.
martin
USA
1/22/2003  3:34 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

it's funny how Magic Johnson (what a funny name if you think about it, and the position he's in)

almost spilled my drink.
Vmart
USA
1/22/2003  3:35 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Dan1078:

I think you under-estimate Knick fans. They are all or nothing. The team/organization the Dolan has put together over the past 5 seasons has turned to crap. The fans know it too.

Its funny how people actually think they are going to win five in a row. The real KNicks fan know the deal this team is full of crap that other team don't want. People usually jump on band wagons when they are headed for great thing like a championship Knicks fans Know that this team isn't going to win a champiopnship.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/22/2003  4:26 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Nor do we hear about Loren Woods.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
1/22/2003  10:04 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Caseloads:

Nor do we hear about Loren Woods.
yes, but jahidi white and marc jackson were both heavily rumored to become knicks at one point or the other.
Caseloads
1/22/2003  10:16 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Dan1078:

Its funny how people actually think they are going to win five in a row. The real KNicks fan know the deal this team is full of crap that other team don't want. People usually jump on band wagons when they are headed for great thing like a championship Knicks fans Know that this team isn't going to win a champiopnship.
My sentiments exactly. Even if the Knicks win 5 games in a row, no one is going to jump on a bandwagon, because the knicks aren't going to go anywhere this year by winning a total of 39 games max this season. If the knicks jump out the gate next year, yeah, we'll be "back" on the bandwagon, but we never really got off. All the true fans have been on the "wagon" for years, through the muck and the mire, there on the edge of our seats, watching dramatic knick moment after knick moment... watching the infamous patrick finger roll, watching the john starks treys... watching starks single handedly lose to Houston in the final game of the finals, watching patrick get hurt, watching Camby tantalize but never crystalize, watching Allan Houston's shot go down versus Miami, watching LJ's 4 pt-play versus indy, watching Jordan wreck the Knicks singlehandedly for years, watching bench clearing brawls destroy championship dreams for several years in a row, watching Checketts and Van Gundy leave, watching LJ retire, watching Layden make mistake after mistake, watching our team get old, and small, and lose the trademark "heart" and NY "spirit", watching Dyess get injured, watching Chaney look lost on the sidelines... watching Frank Williams and Postell rot on the pine...

Don't tell me we're off the bandwagon. We're on the "wagon" - and it's been a bumpy ride. We're still on the wagon, despite all the wheels of this thing having fallen off, we're still on it. But when the wheels of the bandwagon have fallen off, at least some of us realize that the "wagon" isn't going anywhere until this thing gets fixed.
Knicksfan1971
Member: #98
1/22/2003  11:24 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Don't tell me we're off the bandwagon. We're on the "wagon" - and it's been a bumpy ride. We're still on the wagon, despite all the wheels of this thing having fallen off, we're still on it. But when the wheels of the bandwagon have fallen off, at least some of us realize that the "wagon" isn't going anywhere until this thing gets fixed.

Well put Caseloads.
Dan1078
1/23/2003  10:20 AM
Oh please, as soon as things turn sour, everyone turns to Lebron James
as being the savior. Then more than half of the forum advocates "tanking" the season to have a small shot at a 17yr old phenom. This is a ridiculous notion.

The season is not even halfway through. Of course, I don't think that
the Knicks have a shot at a championship, but I do think that they have a shot at winning 40, making the playoffs and shaking up the eastern conference. Many of you think this is pointless since they have no title hopes. But, the point of the game is to win---to stay
competetive and professional.

Just beacause of the Knicks so-far sub par season, doesn't mean there
isn;t satisfaction in watching a struggling team start to pull it together.

And to say that management has put together a team that is crap
is utter stupidity. Sure management has made some bad decisions,
(100m to Allan, signing older players with awful contracts)
but lets give Layden and credit for trading Camby, Nene and
Jackson for McDyess and Williams. When McDyess returns, he will pay
dividends for the team. Sure, Hilario has upside, but Antonio
will put up better numbers than him for a few years. I think that he's still capable of putting up 20 and 8 for three years or so.
Passing up Stoudamire was a mistake, but what's the point of crying about it now? Lets also not forget Layden's drafting
of Milos Vujanic.

Yes- the Knicks hands are tied from the salary cap, but isn't 2/3 of the league? The Knicks aren't as bad as everyone indicates. Everyone should stop echoing the babble of pessimistic NY beat writers
and be more positive about our team.
Vmart
USA
1/23/2003  11:11 AM
Posted by Dan1078:

Oh please, as soon as things turn sour, everyone turns to Lebron James
as being the savior. Then more than half of the forum advocates "tanking" the season to have a small shot at a 17yr old phenom. This is a ridiculous notion.

I totally diagree with you this team is nothing more than 35-38 win team that will go nowhere for years to come. The players they have now are all players that are peaked out and the only place for them to go is down. Next year your putting your hopes on Dice to be healthy. Well two year and 10 games doesn't leave much for the hope that he will comeback at full strenghth. You have to look at the whole picture, what is missing in the NYK. They are missing a superstar a franchise player and it doesn't look like they have a goal to get one either. What if Dice can no longer be the man that he was and his number drop where does the team go from there. I see positives all around for next year if the KNicks lose this year. Like I said its the players job to play competitively but its managements job of making sure the future of the Knicks looks bright and so far they are not doing a good job of securing a bright future for the Knicks.

The Knicks necessarily don't have to land LeBron but they should put themselves in a position where come next year they have a player for the future who will lead the Knicks for years to come.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/23/2003  11:34 AM
The point to playing in the NBA in my mind should always be to win a championship. Those who are content with just being competative will never be more than that.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Dan1078
1/23/2003  11:38 AM
First of all, you should to realize that the Knicks went 1-7 to start the year without Spree. Since then, they've been playing .500
ball. And how many close games have the Knicks lost? I think that at some point of this season, they'll start haiving the killer instinct and compusure that they missed in the beginning of the season.

Going nowhere for years to come? Whoa, buddy, why dont we all slit or wrists then. Contracts do expire, you know.

You're missing the point, the Knicks have no other options as far as franchise players go. McDyess is the guy next year. If he doesn't
deliver than his contract expires and the Knicks need to search for another #1 guy. Like Ive said before, cut your negative crap out--
Look at how Jerry Rice recovered from his knee injuries.

How would you propose that they "put themselves in a position where come next year they have a player for the future who will lead the Knicks for years to come." Tank the season and hope to land Lebron, Carmello or Darko? Dont you realize that its ridiculous for a team
to allow ping pong balls to decide it's future?

What about hoping that Vujanic is the young player that will lead the Knicks for years to come? He is the best player in Europe after all.
Dan1078
1/23/2003  11:45 AM
Andrew-so every team in the league except for Sacramento, Dallas and LA should just mail in the season because they aren't the favorites to win a championship this year?

Being competetive, even on a 2nd or 3rd tier team builds an atmosphere
of winning which is the foundation of eventually getting a championship.

According to your flawed theory, every team in the league except, for the three above should mail in the season and put all of their energy into building themselves to match the talent of the frontrunners. That's crap.
it's funny how... (by caseloads, a must read)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy