[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Its not Laydens Fault, but hes soooo fired
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
10/13/2002  8:29 PM
I still think its a great move. McDyess wasnt an injury risk. Nobody could have predicted this. I would have doet the McDyess trade if I were GM too. People may start to say "i told you so" and they are stupid. Nene Hillaro wasnt going to be picked up by the Knicks anyway. They were gonna be gunning for Wagner. And this team would have been stuck in the lottery for a few more years. Knicks still have options for Danny Fortson. If the Knicks could get a new starting PF and keep Spree they have a shot at being pretty good. The reason wy last years Knicks were so bad because they had no desire. If the Knicks can get some heart they will be more than fine.

Laydens past transgression will make him pay. I dont think this injury reflects bad on Layden, but you cant allow it to go on. Knick really should have went after former Laker GM. Now I think the Knicks will go after Magic Johnson who is RESPECTED by coaches and players alike. Laydens stupid proposals and bad draft choices have made him a laughing stock among GM's. The ESPN poll showed he was one of the worst GMs and this is after the Dyess trade.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/13/2002  8:31 PM
I wouldnt mind having Magic bring some respect back to this club - they are limping right now and may as well have someone put them out of their misery.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/13/2002  8:44 PM
My guess is that Layden has until the end of the season (trade deadline, if you will) to get things rolling. If he's able to bring in some bona-fide talent at the deadline and/or relieve some cap space, he just might save his job.
nykfan37
Member: #118
10/13/2002  9:04 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Nobody could have predicted this.

Many did, but too many of you wear Rose Colored Glasses
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/13/2002  9:11 PM
He didnt re-injured the same injury. Last year was his first major injury so cant call him injury prone. Its sad but it couldnt be predicted. My friend had the same injury playing basketball. Its a freak injury it can happen to anyone at anytime. It took my friend about 2 months to walk without a cane. And about 6 months before he could walk totally normal.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/13/2002  10:42 PM
Yes the injuries are linked. the Patella tednon runs behind the knee cap. When it was torn it could've caused micro-fractures behind the knee-cap which couldve been almost imposible to pick up. The tendon injury couldve left a lingering instability in the knee. Thats why I brought out that article from the Cowboys which showed similar occurence. The fact is Layden traded for a player who had major surgery and was never truly battle tested for a period of time. Like I said back in June this was a high risk trade for the Knicks. No one that have read has doubted Dices skill level but like I said I didnt believe this was a trade to do. I gave up my season tickets because of the trade.-and right now Im dead on. This sets the franchise back even further. You see there is NO guarantee the talent level will be there even if we have a high pick. The talent level WAS there this year and we passed to trade. Now the Knicks have taken a HUGE step backwards HUMONGOUS step backwards.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/13/2002  10:51 PM
I know a lot of people on this board can relate to what I am about to say - I am depressed about this one man, I had hopes for this season and I was getting more and more excited by the prospect of McDyess. I'm sorry it wasnt meant to be, but this is pretty awful. We deserve a good team.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/13/2002  11:18 PM
Posted by falcindor:

He didnt re-injured the same injury. Last year was his first major injury so cant call him injury prone. Its sad but it couldnt be predicted. My friend had the same injury playing basketball. Its a freak injury it can happen to anyone at anytime. It took my friend about 2 months to walk without a cane. And about 6 months before he could walk totally normal.
HMMM!!!!! Hello, are you paying attention???? he didn't reinjure the the same injury but bro he injured the same knee. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU???? His knee is shot!!! Don't you know about certain basketball injuries. Many times before, once a player have major reconstructive knee surgery, that player is @ risk to damage that knee again. Look iwas at the game and saw how he landed and it was a simple drop down. MCDYESS has a bum knee, therefore it's fragile. LAyden gamble on a risk situation and loss. NUFF SAID!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/13/2002  11:25 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I still think its a great move. McDyess wasnt an injury risk. Nobody could have predicted this. I would have doet the McDyess trade if I were GM too. People may start to say "i told you so" and they are stupid. Nene Hillaro wasnt going to be picked up by the Knicks anyway. They were gonna be gunning for Wagner. And this team would have been stuck in the lottery for a few more years. Knicks still have options for Danny Fortson. If the Knicks could get a new starting PF and keep Spree they have a shot at being pretty good. The reason wy last years Knicks were so bad because they had no desire. If the Knicks can get some heart they will be more than fine.

Laydens past transgression will make him pay. I dont think this injury reflects bad on Layden, but you cant allow it to go on. Knick really should have went after former Laker GM. Now I think the Knicks will go after Magic Johnson who is RESPECTED by coaches and players alike. Laydens stupid proposals and bad draft choices have made him a laughing stock among GM's. The ESPN poll showed he was one of the worst GMs and this is after the Dyess trade.

BRO, you need to wake up and realize that this trade was high risk. It reminds me alot like the Charles Smith trade. CHarles had a messed up knee as well but the knicks still made that trade and paid for it. Charles Smith was never the player he was when he played for the clippers. As for the MCDYESS trade during draft nite, it looks like Laydown failed. He had other options available but decided to gamble on the injured guy who was a big risk. IF he was healthy and didn't have reconstructive surgery then of course you do the trade but LAydown f-ck-d up big time and will pay the price. Rather than go for McDyess, he could've obtain Andre miller during draft nite.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/13/2002  11:27 PM
Posted by nykfan37:
Posted by falcindor:

Nobody could have predicted this.

Many did, but too many of you wear Rose Colored Glasses

I TOTALLY AGREE!! Even Joe Benigno from the WFAN mentioned that this could happened. Many people saw it coming. Thats what happens when a dumass GM makes fu--ed up moves. LAYDOWN NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/13/2002  11:30 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

My guess is that Layden has until the end of the season (trade deadline, if you will) to get things rolling. If he's able to bring in some bona-fide talent at the deadline and/or relieve some cap space, he just might save his job.

HOW THE HELL IS HE GONNA DO THAT???? Knicks are capped out, undersized and too many below avg players on that team. No one wants any of the knicks players.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nykfan37
10/14/2002  12:24 AM
If Knicks don't make the playoffs, Layden is gone.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/14/2002  1:14 AM
Only in a perfect world...
Posted by nykfan37:

If Knicks don't make the playoffs, Layden is gone.
nykfan37
10/14/2002  11:29 AM
"While Layden said the kneecap fracture is "separate from prior injuries," an orthopedist interviewed said the area is all connected and a prior patella tendon tear can weaken other areas in the kneecap. McDyess also missed the last 11 games of the 2000-2001 season with a dislocated kneecap. "

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/49314.htm

knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/14/2002  12:15 PM
Everyone's forgetting that CAMBY is also injured again...AND If he had still been on our roster, everyone would be calling for Layden's head for KEEPING him. It's a wash.

Plus, none of us are surgeons, and we'll have to wait and see how he heals, plain and simple. Patience. New Yorkers have none, but we'll learn...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
nykfan37
10/14/2002  12:24 PM
Posted by knixphan:

Everyone's forgetting that CAMBY is also injured again...AND If he had still been on our roster, everyone would be calling for Layden's head for KEEPING him. It's a wash.

Plus, none of us are surgeons, and we'll have to wait and see how he heals, plain and simple. Patience. New Yorkers have none, but we'll learn...

Why is everyone forgetting about the #7 Pick? If the deal fell through, we would have kept Nene, who is looking like a ROY candidate, if it didn't, we would have drafted Butler, who is doing great too.

We didn't deal Camby for Dice, we dealt Camby and Nene for Dice. And we wouldn't be screaming at Layden, because if what happened didn't happen in Preseason, it would of happened within the first 10 games of the season, look at the quote I posted.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/14/2002  3:00 PM
If the Knicks kept the pick, Chris Wilcox would be a Knick. Not Butler, not Hilario. He's looking good, but not nearly as good as Butler or Hilario.
#Knickstaps
nykfan37
10/14/2002  4:06 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If the Knicks kept the pick, Chris Wilcox would be a Knick. Not Butler, not Hilario. He's looking good, but not nearly as good as Butler or Hilario.

Chaney said on WFAN it would be Butler.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
10/14/2002  5:57 PM
Posted by nykfan37:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Chaney said on WFAN it would be Butler.

Exactly, the pick was the whole prize. We have nothing to show for all that losing last year. I hate it had to happen to such a nice guy like Dyess. But I'm damn glad it's happening to Dolan, Layden and that sorry ass Knick Management.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
nwny
Member: #284
10/15/2002  4:55 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by falcindor:

BRO, you need to wake up and realize that this trade was high risk. It reminds me alot like the Charles Smith trade. CHarles had a messed up knee as well but the knicks still made that trade and paid for it. Charles Smith was never the player he was when he played for the clippers. As for the MCDYESS trade during draft nite, it looks like Laydown failed. He had other options available but decided to gamble on the injured guy who was a big risk. IF he was healthy and didn't have reconstructive surgery then of course you do the trade but LAydown f-ck-d up big time and will pay the price. Rather than go for McDyess, he could've obtain Andre miller during draft nite.
Din't Cleveland turn down our draft night bid for Miller?

[Edited by - nwny on 10/15/2002 17:00:58]
Its not Laydens Fault, but hes soooo fired

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy