Only one thing to say...
Damn...
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/13/2002  5:52 PM
Me and Hardcore were @ the game and when he landed, it didn't look bad. Scott LAydown rolled the Dice and Crapped out!!!! LAydown needs to go!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/13/2002  6:02 PM
I guess it really dependson if there was ligament damage, but this is what I've read about a fractured patella:
You may begin to play most sports six weeks after your operation.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/13/2002  6:05 PM
It is unfortunate that this happened, but even with this injury getting McDyess was still a good move. If he is healthy, the Knicks a a good team.
Posted by knicksbb10:

Me and Hardcore were @ the game and when he landed, it didn't look bad. Scott LAydown rolled the Dice and Crapped out!!!! LAydown needs to go!
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/13/2002  6:09 PM
hes out for the season bank it ten times hes had two major knee injuries to the same location in less than 1 year- the knee must be seriously unstable if he EVER comes back it will be a miracle
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/13/2002  6:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

hes out for the season bank it ten times hes had two major knee injuries to the same location in less than 1 year- the knee must be seriously unstable if he EVER comes back it will be a miracle

no way he's opting out of his contract now, he's on our books for a few more years, killing our cap. - at least layden won't be able to re-sign him now to some unbelievable extension like he was planning on come january/february.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/13/2002  6:32 PM
Hey BB...

Like I told you when we were leaving the Garden last night... Scott LayDown needs to be kicked to the damn curb. Nobody can tell me otherwise- he needs a pink slip on his desk TOMORROW.

Maybe the Knicks can buy him a nice big house in Maryland, well lit with big windows with bullseyes painted on them, near a gas station.

That's how bad I want him outta here.
Posted by knicksbb10:

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nykfan37
Member: #118
10/13/2002  6:42 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Hey BB...

Like I told you when we were leaving the Garden last night... Scott LayDown needs to be kicked to the damn curb. Nobody can tell me otherwise- he needs a pink slip on his desk TOMORROW.

Maybe the Knicks can buy him a nice big house in Maryland, well lit with big windows with bullseyes painted on them, near a gas station.

That's how bad I want him outta here.
Posted by knicksbb10:

Scott Layden needed a pink slip before the Dice deal. I don't see how people are saying that it shouldn't be his fault and this is still a good trade on his part if he never even plays. Look at the Mets, I'm a backer of SP, but EVERYONE loved every deal he made, none of them did anything and most met fans blamed him and want him out. Layden deserves blame for going after the name and not even looking at his medical records which he probably didn't even do, don't tell me this is a freak accident, this will be recurring.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/13/2002  7:12 PM
So... if this injury occurred in Dice's right knee, would you be saying all this? Call it bad luck, call it coincidence, call it a freak occurrence, whatever... odds are that a broken bone isn't related to the surgery. And for the record, McDyess had to take a physical... he passed, and the knee held up in stress tests. How could this have been forseen when his knee tested to be stronger than it was before the surgery?
Posted by nykfan37:

Scott Layden needed a pink slip before the Dice deal. I don't see how people are saying that it shouldn't be his fault and this is still a good trade on his part if he never even plays. Look at the Mets, I'm a backer of SP, but EVERYONE loved every deal he made, none of them did anything and most met fans blamed him and want him out. Layden deserves blame for going after the name and not even looking at his medical records which he probably didn't even do, don't tell me this is a freak accident, this will be recurring.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/13/2002  7:26 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

So... if this injury occurred in Dice's right knee, would you be saying all this? Call it bad luck, call it coincidence, call it a freak occurrence, whatever... odds are that a broken bone isn't related to the surgery. And for the record, McDyess had to take a physical... he passed, and the knee held up in stress tests. How could this have been forseen when his knee tested to be stronger than it was before the surgery?
Posted by nykfan37:

count me on the other side of all this "Fire Layden" nonsense. Call him a horrible GM for the Anderson and Eisley deals, but ScooterSLP has got it right: I don't think this incident has anything to do with the past injury and that Layden can in no way be directly responsible.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
vinzie27
Member: #129
10/13/2002  7:35 PM
im going to cry myself to sleep tonight. im confused about the msgnetwork article. it says that he is out indefinitely.. and then chaney goes on to say that he is confident that he will come back. Is he ever coming back?
sexualtennis
Member: #297
USA
10/13/2002  7:53 PM
Posted by vinzie27:

im going to cry myself to sleep tonight. im confused about the msgnetwork article. it says that he is out indefinitely.. and then chaney goes on to say that he is confident that he will come back. Is he ever coming back?

I'm also a bit confused by the article but I think the Knicks organization is hinting that it may not be as truly bad as it seems but at the same time, they do not want to give a time frame for recovery as the media and fan will try to rush Dyess back to the court. Damn our luck... but it's not Layden's fault. The trade was a very good one, it was just a freak accident.
nykfan37
10/13/2002  8:09 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

Posted by nykfan37:

Yes, I hated this deal from day 1, how many chances does Layden Get? Ewing, Rice, Eisley, Longely, Weatherspoon, Houston, etc.

He took a chance on him, this wasn't a freak thing, it's called a recurring injury, he should be blamed for it.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/13/2002  8:28 PM
There is absolutely no way that Layden can be blamed for this one. Not only did McDyess' medical tests show that the knee was stronger than before the surgery, but he dumped two long term, large contracts for one large one that, in the off-chance that it doesn't work out, can be taken off the cap after next season. This is win-win... if McDyess is healthy (I think he still will be after this), we get a dominant power forward. If not, we get a salary dump.

If he tore the patella tendon again, fine... recurring injury. But he fractured the patella... different injury.
nykfan37
10/13/2002  9:10 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

, but he dumped two long term, large contracts for one large one that, in the off-chance that it doesn't work out, can be taken off the cap after next season.

Mark Jackson was in the last year of his ontract and Camby has one extra year over Dice's contract, this wasn't a salary dump, not to mention we gave up the 7th pick.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
10/13/2002  10:00 PM
Whatever surgery/medical attention Dice needs, hopefully he has some of his own good personal doctors performing them, cause these Knick doctors/surgeons aren't cream of the crop. Can we blame our poor medical staff on Layden too?
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/13/2002  10:18 PM
NY is not a rebuilding club. Ain't gonna happen. Ever. 7th picks are usually not great players, though there are exceptions, but odds are Knicks' 7th pick would not be Shawn Marion or Paul Pierce. Not saying Butler or Wilcox will suck, but odds are they won't be very good for years to come. NYC won't wait. This deal was a 'get to the playoffs now' deal. It was a risk, and it didn't work out. Layden had no choice but to do this deal. No way Dolans will accept one or two years of rebuilding. That's a guaranteed revenue killer. At least in this scenario they had a chance to make some money, but luck would have none of it.

It's not a recurring injury. It's a different injury to the same knee, and only his second significant injury. By any definition of the term "recurring", this does not fit.

If you want to fire Layden because he brings bad luck, then fine. For the other ridiculous trades, yes. But for this trade, no way. It was by far the smartest thing Layden did for the Knicks, and he did it with the proverbial gun to his head - the first priority is to get the Knicks back in the playoffs for at least one round, not to win it all in three or four years. And fate said, "Ho ho ho, not so fast, Cablevision."
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/13/2002  10:28 PM
There are alot of idiots out there who blame Layden. Those are probably the same people who blame the FBI for 9/11. Not everything is predictable. This injury was a freak accident. Sure it hurts that hes out, but it was the right move to be made. Knix arent quite done we have options. I think we should move back to the half court set and get a fierce rebounder like Fortson. Spree will be instrumental this season and cannot be traded.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
killacross
Member: #58
USA
10/13/2002  10:29 PM
It's about time the dice gives jerry rice a call. Just after coming back from torn ligaments, JR broke his kneecap. With great rehabilitaion and being the freak of nature that he is... JR is still a really good reciever even after those injuries and being 100 years old. Right about now Dice could use any possible support.

Look on the bright side.. atleast Denver got the injury (and currently injured) prone camby.

It not only is time for ladyen to go.. but he never should have been hired. Anyone who tries to bring their trash players from their old team to their new team is highly questionable.

The sports world has sucked ass the past few weeks. (giants) Hammer's carreer is over, as well as k holmes and MS being hurt. Yanks got raped by the world series bound angels. The rangers got raped the previous two games. I can only imagine what will happen next.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/13/2002  10:53 PM
Look at it this way, bad things come in 3's and the Knicks have had that. Its time for them to get some luck and the karma will swing back their way.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
McDyess IS out for the season, what now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy