Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/24/2002  10:28 PM
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by nyballer:

kt/ward and a pick for davis? thats ridiculous...if layden pulled that out he would be a god in my opinion..but he wont because charlotte would NEVER do that. the clips would give charlotte wilcox and dooling - doolings better than ward and wilcox will be better than thomas, and they are both younger and cheaper. LA can let him walk if they want, or they can pay him, for that cheap it doesnt matter if he walks its still na amazing deal considering wilcox and dooling wont play anyawy. if the knicks want davis they give up sprewell, no question about it. if layden manages to get davis without spree or houston or dice then id say hes the exec of the year, hands down.

OK, first of all, you haven't even seen wilcox go up against NBA talent, how do you know he is better than Kurt?! Secondly "LA" can't let him walk, New Orleans can. Thirdly, fine, give them sprewell, he's playing out of position here anyway, Davis is much better for this team. Fourthly, LA wont trade for BD unless their owner changes his mind about paying a max contract, no one else has had success opening his wallet, what makes you think BD will? Fifth, and fianally, of course this trade is unbalanced, but NY might be able to get away with it because NO has no other suitor for Davis, and I'm sure they will trade him eventually...Anything else I can clear up for you my friend?

[Edited by - ClydeDaGlide on 07/24/2002 19:37:10]
First of all, Wilcox is one of the most coveted rookies out there, and any team would rather have him than thomas. Secondly, I was saying that the Clips could acquire Davis and if they dont want to pay him they can let him walk. Maybe you should pay attention before you rant like that... Wilcox and Dooling arent going to play anytime soon for the clips with Brand and Ely and McInnis already there...so they dont lose much, and get davis for another year at least. Then when davis wants to leave they have leverage for a sign and trade since a lot of teams are going to be capped out. Thirdly, if we could get davis for spree and someone id do it in a second, because davis has the heart and the skill and the youth. Fourthly, the deal would only be for a year and perhaps furue leverage. Fifthly, the clippers could offer much better than the knicks..anyting I can clear up for YOU?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/24/2002  11:24 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by nyballer:

kt/ward and a pick for davis? thats ridiculous...if layden pulled that out he would be a god in my opinion..but he wont because charlotte would NEVER do that. the clips would give charlotte wilcox and dooling - doolings better than ward and wilcox will be better than thomas, and they are both younger and cheaper. LA can let him walk if they want, or they can pay him, for that cheap it doesnt matter if he walks its still na amazing deal considering wilcox and dooling wont play anyawy. if the knicks want davis they give up sprewell, no question about it. if layden manages to get davis without spree or houston or dice then id say hes the exec of the year, hands down.

OK, first of all, you haven't even seen wilcox go up against NBA talent, how do you know he is better than Kurt?! Secondly "LA" can't let him walk, New Orleans can. Thirdly, fine, give them sprewell, he's playing out of position here anyway, Davis is much better for this team. Fourthly, LA wont trade for BD unless their owner changes his mind about paying a max contract, no one else has had success opening his wallet, what makes you think BD will? Fifth, and fianally, of course this trade is unbalanced, but NY might be able to get away with it because NO has no other suitor for Davis, and I'm sure they will trade him eventually...Anything else I can clear up for you my friend?

First of all, Wilcox is one of the most coveted rookies out there, and any team would rather have him than thomas. Secondly, I was saying that the Clips could acquire Davis and if they dont want to pay him they can let him walk. Maybe you should pay attention before you rant like that... Wilcox and Dooling arent going to play anytime soon for the clips with Brand and Ely and McInnis already there...so they dont lose much, and get davis for another year at least. Then when davis wants to leave they have leverage for a sign and trade since a lot of teams are going to be capped out. Thirdly, if we could get davis for spree and someone id do it in a second, because davis has the heart and the skill and the youth. Fourthly, the deal would only be for a year and perhaps furue leverage. Fifthly, the clippers could offer much better than the knicks..anyting I can clear up for YOU?
They would prefer Wilcox over Kurt t. cause they wouldn't have anything to lose.. Look at their contracts. One is cheaper than the other. Anyway, don't even think of this trade proposal for Baron D. Charlotte has no interest in knicks players. Nuff Said!! You people fail to realize that due to the economic system in the NBA, the knicks are in a tough spot in trading for some very good young talent such as baron d., andre miller or etc. Knicks would have to do trades with the bigger payroll teams like Portland or seattle.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/25/2002  12:39 AM
Seattle has a high payroll? The only teams that seem to not mind the salary cap are the Knicks, Blazers, and Mavs.
#Knickstaps
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/25/2002  9:05 AM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by nyballer:

Dude, at least I addressed points you made in my responce. So what your saying is that the Clips will "rent" Davis for 2 years at the price of Wilcox and Dooling? Yeah, that would be a smart move...the kind of move you make when your team ends up in the lottery draft year after year..you lost me after "Thirdly", I have better things to do than listen to pesimists like you...and btw, even if the Clips make a deal to get Davis and then let him walk, where do you think he's walking to? Oh, thats right, he's walking to the Garden...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/25/2002  1:25 PM
What does it matter? The Knicks are whats important here. The Clippers are not in NY so what do we care? And it doesnt look like Davis is being moved so lets forget about it and focus on our home team.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knick2001
Member: #83
7/25/2002  2:19 PM
It's really academic regarding Davis, the New Orleans GM stated he isn't moving Davis this year period. He said they don't want to hinder ticket sales in their new location. Maybe Davis will be available next year in a sign and trade, but he is going nowhere this year.
nwny
Member: #284
7/25/2002  4:30 PM
and btw, even if the Clips make a deal to get Davis and then let him walk, where do you think he's walking to? Oh, thats right, he's walking to the Garden...
He's not walking to NY. We're not under the cap, and we won't be in the next two years. And don't say sign and trade becuase if the Clips let him wake becasue they don't want to pay him, they won't want to pay someone else making just as much money.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/25/2002  6:03 PM
Posted by nwny:
and btw, even if the Clips make a deal to get Davis and then let him walk, where do you think he's walking to? Oh, thats right, he's walking to the Garden...
He's not walking to NY. We're not under the cap, and we won't be in the next two years. And don't say sign and trade becuase if the Clips let him wake becasue they don't want to pay him, they won't want to pay someone else making just as much money.

ok, how about if he signs for the exception for a few years, makes up the lost money in endorsment contracts and then gets his fat pay day in a few years, spending the rest of his life as a Garden fixture...that work for ya?
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/25/2002  7:02 PM
It wouldn't work for Baron. No way he'd take an exception where he'd be getting paid as much as Travis Knight and less then Eisley and Anderson. I'll make the Knicks before that happens.
#Knickstaps
Layden Smokescreen?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy