[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who else on this forum thinks Minnesota is FCUKed?
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/12/2002  11:50 AM
Posted by Vmart:

Isn't that being selfish on KG's part he is hurting the team because of his contract, If he wants to win so badly shouldn't he go to management and get his contract restructured so they can put talent around him. So you're say he is all about the money and the winning is secondary.

It might have been selfish at the time of the signing, but currently you cannot restructure your contract to a lower salary.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2002  12:09 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Vmart:

Isn't that being selfish on KG's part he is hurting the team because of his contract, If he wants to win so badly shouldn't he go to management and get his contract restructured so they can put talent around him. So you're say he is all about the money and the winning is secondary.

It might have been selfish at the time of the signing, but currently you cannot restructure your contract to a lower salary.

I'm sure he has a something in the contract that might warrant his contract to be restructured or extended. But if that is the case then I guess the T-wolves are stuck.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
7/13/2002  12:23 PM
MR. nwny, Wally is only 24yrs of age and Spree is 32 playing out of position. First things first, Spree is not a SF!!!!! Small forwards happen to have ballhandling skills and spree doesn't. NUff Said!!! He led the team in turnovers cause he's playing outta position.. One other note, He's A CHUCKER!!(ME ONLY ATTITUDE) Why is it that Wally shoots the ball over 20 times but has a 50% fg pct, spree shoots over 20 times and made it to just 40% pct. Spree is 6'5 and 190pds but Wally is a natural SF. 240pds and 6'7. HHHMM!!!! My man, ya wrong about stopping only Houston and McDyess cause with the zone defense implemented in the league, you need as much shooters as possible with a legit post up player which the knicks now have with McDyess. Look at the lakers having Shaq in the middle surrounded with shooters= horry,kobe,fox and fisher. The old rockets did the same with Hakeem in the middle and horry,cassel, vernon maxwell or kenny smith all shooting from the outside. Why do you think the bucks desperately need a inside post up player???? To free up cassell, allen, robinson or thomas on the outside. YO!!!!! my man, if you were GM of the celtics, magic or minnesota and you traded your SF for spree, i feel sorry for you. You'd be without a job within a minute... THey would never trade Garnett,Pierce or even T-mac for spree whose 32 already... ARE YOU SMOKIN!!!! Wally is young and will only get better. Maybe in 2 yrs, his defense will improve. Spree's best days are long gone especially playing out of position....
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2002  12:40 PM
"Why is it that Wally shoots the ball over 20 times but has a 50% fg pct, spree shoots over 20 times and made it to just 40% pct. Spree is 6'5 and 190pds but Wally is a natural SF. 240pds and 6'7. HHHMM!!!!"- Wally is one of the better shooters in the NBA. If it's between getting Wally or Robinson and Johnson, I think the Knicks should take the Bucks package. Wally wants a max contract, and he doesn't deserve it. The Knicks also would get a center in the 2nd package, and even if Rasho was thrown in with Szczerbiak, the 2nd package would still be a tad better.

Also, I believe Robinson and Johnson have 2 years left on their contracts. If that's true, the Knicks would have Robinson, Johnson, McDyess, Knight, and Ward's contracts all expiring in that offseason. That might be enough to bring them under the cap, or at least close to it.
#Knickstaps
nwny
Member: #284
7/13/2002  6:56 PM
Do your research buddy. Wally also lead the team HIS team in turnovers. Does this mean Wally is chucker, who’s playing out of position, with no ball handling skills? I’ll move on to topic number 2 while you ponder your own question.
I never suggested that those teams trade their SF for Spree. I know my post have lots of words but please try to read them if you’re going to respond. That way, you can get your facts right.
You’re zone defense counter sounds really good except, you can’t force a team to play zone against you. If don’t have any playmakers, they’ll just play you straight, and force you to make plays.
Your Laker, Rockets scenario only works if your post player is so dominate that it’s a given that if you don’t double team he’ll score or get fouled. You’re talking about two of the greatest centers of all time. We don’t have post player that good, nor is their one on the free agent market.
You speak in such absolutes about Wally. You don’t know he’s going to get better. I watched every single Knick game last season, and Spree is not slowing down. 32 or not, it’s all still there. Wally isn’t getting extra points because he’s young. He’s as good as he’s going to get. His main problem is he’s slow. You can’t teach speed. Sure he can learn to do things like, put your body on a jump shooter and make him drive to the basket, or give a driver space and make him shoot the jumper, little things like that. He can learn this. But he’s still really, really slow, and that is the reason his defense is as good as it’s going to get. With Wally the Knicks would score more points, but they would also give up more points, therefore loose more games.
Who else on this forum thinks Minnesota is FCUKed?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy