[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2nd rounder
Author Thread
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
6/19/2002  7:31 PM
Lets get serious with our 2nd rounder. I like this draft and feel we can get a very nice player in round 2 as well as our Wilcox,Nene,or Wagner. Who does everyone like? I would be happy with Smush Parker(altho he might take a few years to be ready) I like Steve Logan and Juan Dixon as well. Perhaps we should go with frontcourt help but there is just so many more quality players at guards out there. It is frustrating. How bout this Benson kid who just got out of prison for drugs. He is 6-11 and very skilled. Maybe he slips to us in 2nd round? I say take him. Why not? He isnt a murderer or anything. I mean drugs are bad but its not like he is a danger to society IMO and I say lets give him a chance. Talk about a possible big-time sleeper!!
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/19/2002  7:41 PM
Benson is 29, I'd rather take Logan, Parker, or Dixon. I think Dixon could really help the Knicks, as they could have 3 guards on the court at once (Dixon, Houston, Spree) which could be tough to defend.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/19/2002  7:59 PM
Would DeAngelo Collins still be around with our second-pick? Seems like he's got loads of potential.
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/19/2002  8:01 PM
Posted by VG:

Would DeAngelo Collins still be around with our second-pick? Seems like he's got loads of potential.
Collins and Benson are both 6'9" - as checked in at Chicago.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/19/2002  9:02 PM
2nd round can be very tricky. Nobody knows who will be available but here my wishlist for the 2nd round:

1- Dan Dickau- we need a PG bag. This kid isnt far off from Jay Williams skillwise. May be the best PG in the draft.

2- Juan Dixon - should be on everybodys wishlist. He might not even last till the 2nd round. Guard with amazing footwork.

3- John Salmon - 6'7" PG who can cause all sorts of matchup problems. He is a clone of the old Penny Hardaway

Im not big on high scoring PG's. We have an already high scoring backcourt. And another ballhog will complicate things more.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/19/2002  10:11 PM
I think Dixon is a winner and a clutch player, but there is no way I'd take him with our 2nd round pick. I don't think he is going to be more than a below average NBA player, and average 2 gaurds are a dime a dozen. We need a point guard. Reports have said Dixon has not shown that he would be capable of doing this. Smush Parker would be nice...so would Tito Maddox. I doubt that Dickau will be around. I wouldn't mind picking up another big guy, or a high schooler that has raw tanlent...maybe Ryan Humphrey or Darius Songaila.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/19/2002  10:16 PM
I'm going with Tito Maddox or Smush Parker with this pick.
falcindor
USA
6/19/2002  10:38 PM
Reports say, well have u ever seen him play yourself. He is more of an option guard like Bobby Jackson. His footwork is tremendous. I cant see how people can put Wagner on a pedistal and not think about Dixon. They are both tweeners. It can work if the Knicks get rid of Spree. Having 3 scorers in the backcourt is a disaster.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/19/2002  10:44 PM
I've seen Dixon play many times...just not at the point guard position. I'm not privy to the pre-draft workouts he has been put through. I believe the difference in Wagner and Dixon is Wagner has a great handle...Dixon's is just ok...also Wagner is more of a creator/scorer while Dixon is more of a shooter. Still the questions about Wanger and his ability to run the point are there. They are just less than Dixons.
Posted by falcindor:

Reports say, well have u ever seen him play yourself. He is more of an option guard like Bobby Jackson. His footwork is tremendous. I cant see how people can put Wagner on a pedistal and not think about Dixon. They are both tweeners. It can work if the Knicks get rid of Spree. Having 3 scorers in the backcourt is a disaster.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
falcindor
USA
6/19/2002  11:09 PM
i wasnt saying Dixon was better. I was saying they are both tweeners and dont really have a position. Its alot like the Bobby Jackson situation.
Knixkik
USA
6/20/2002  4:43 PM
Posted by falcindor:

i wasnt saying Dixon was better. I was saying they are both tweeners and dont really have a position. Its alot like the Bobby Jackson situation.
Jackson plays both positions very well where Dixon will struggle to play either position well. His problem is he's 6-2 and weighs just 164. He has no point guard skills and believe it or not, being 22 years old and playing four years in school will actually hurt his stock. I think it comes down to Parker, Maddox, and John Salmons if we want to go with a point guard. All are big guards which help. All three are pretty good defenders as well. Maddox plays a similar game as Kidd and can't shoot either, but sees the floor well. He will probably be very similar to this year's Omar Cook. Smush Parker can handle the rock and shoot it well, but there's question about how well he can run a team. Still, we could use a guy like that who likes to push the ball up the floor. Salmons can play three positions, but he hasn't really established himself in one position. Something tells me he will have a hard time playing point. I think it should be one of these three though because all of them have a lot of potential.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2002  5:15 PM
Go with Parker, he is from NY, and has a wingspan that is 6'10'' he could be a very good defensive player at the point with those long arms and all. Great for pressing.
Caseloads
6/20/2002  5:19 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by falcindor:

Jackson plays both positions very well where Dixon will struggle to play either position well. His problem is he's 6-2 and weighs just 164. He has no point guard skills and believe it or not, being 22 years old and playing four years in school will actually hurt his stock. I think it comes down to Parker, Maddox, and John Salmons if we want to go with a point guard. All are big guards which help. All three are pretty good defenders as well. Maddox plays a similar game as Kidd and can't shoot either, but sees the floor well. He will probably be very similar to this year's Omar Cook. Smush Parker can handle the rock and shoot it well, but there's question about how well he can run a team. Still, we could use a guy like that who likes to push the ball up the floor. Salmons can play three positions, but he hasn't really established himself in one position. Something tells me he will have a hard time playing point. I think it should be one of these three though because all of them have a lot of potential.
how about we trade this year's second rounder? how often do second rounders actually make a difference? let's worry about our 1st rounder first.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/20/2002  5:21 PM
True, but name one pure street player that has succeeded in the NBA. Marbury can be argued if he's a real street player, and he's had modest success. Rafer Alston, quite possibly the best street baller of our time, has done nothing in the NBA. Kenny Anderson was a phenom in high school because he played on the street, but he still had a great coach in high school whose name escapes me right now. I'd take Maddox, especially after Kidd excelled last year. I like Parker too, but he didn't even dominate at Fordham, which isn't hard to do if you're going to be an NBA prospect. Maddox in the 2nd, especially if you can develop a Maddox/Wilcox, Maddox/Hilario, or Maddox/Wagner combo, since all three will need the ball to get adjusted.
#Knickstaps
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/20/2002  6:13 PM
Gotta go Euro!
Knixkik
USA
6/20/2002  6:14 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Go with Parker, he is from NY, and has a wingspan that is 6'10'' he could be a very good defensive player at the point with those long arms and all. Great for pressing.
Very good point. His arms make him an incredible defensive presence. He's already got the size and quickness for a point guard, now add the freakishly large wingspan and you've got yourself a point guard with exceptional potential. Some say Salmons will go to Phoenix at 22, but if not than he could slip into the second round. Maddox and Parker are both early second rounders, but could be in the first round if the right team needs them. One will likely fall to us though. Parker would be a fan favorite being from NYC though.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/20/2002  9:11 PM
What if we trade KT and our second rounder to the Memphis for Swift?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/20/2002  9:59 PM
Posted by nyballer:

I'd absolutely love this trade but I doubt West would do it.
Caseloads
6/20/2002  11:38 PM
Posted by VG:
Posted by nyballer:

almost too much deja vu of oakley for camby, thomas for swift.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/21/2002  5:21 PM
Posted by VG:
Posted by nyballer:

I suggested it because I read that West was trying to get rid of Swift before the draft because they wouldn't use him...I think Thomas would be good on their team as a tough, reliable rebounding forward behind Gooden/Gasol
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
2nd rounder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy