[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
5/2/2024  9:06 AM

AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/2/2024  9:10 AM

cmon thibs get devo going..

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SergioNYK
USA
5/2/2024  9:12 AM
I'm not sure what to expect tonight but I'm leaning towards it ending up in a game 7 on Saturday. We haven't has a blowout in any game of this series but I think there is a slight chance it happens. Most likely I do think we'll have a chance to win it late in the 4th. I do think Silver and the league wants a game 7 so expect Philly and especially Embiid to get a lot of FT's.
SergioNYK
USA
5/2/2024  9:14 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

DVo needs to get DVo going and it starts defensively. He's been awful at the start of games.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2024  9:25 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm not sure what to expect tonight but I'm leaning towards it ending up in a game 7 on Saturday. We haven't has a blowout in any game of this series but I think there is a slight chance it happens. Most likely I do think we'll have a chance to win it late in the 4th. I do think Silver and the league wants a game 7 so expect Philly and especially Embiid to get a lot of FT's.

can totally see this scenario play out

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/2/2024  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2024  9:28 AM
we really need to get off to a good start, falling behind by 10 early every game is alot to come back from. We end up having to go on a big run just to even things out.

I mean last game we went on some crazy 18-2 run or something and were only up a few points.

Hoping Thibs has a quick hook on DDV and Ihart if we start slow again.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/2/2024  9:50 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

Come on Donte get Donte going

LivingLegend

5/2/2024  9:55 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm not sure what to expect tonight but I'm leaning towards it ending up in a game 7 on Saturday. We haven't has a blowout in any game of this series but I think there is a slight chance it happens. Most likely I do think we'll have a chance to win it late in the 4th. I do think Silver and the league wants a game 7 so expect Philly and especially Embiid to get a lot of FT's.

Yep - feels like we need a near perfect game to maybe sneak,out of there with a 1 point buzzer beater wing.

I’d feel more comfortable if we looked for a defensive answer where we could stop the Sixers when we need to - like Game 4. Just feel like we need to win this on boards and with more size - rim protection and rebounding.

Need to win the rebound battle.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/2/2024  9:56 AM
Biggest questions for me are:

Was Embiid's choke job last game a result of compounded fatigue or just shrinking under the big lights? Does his fatigue continue? We saw him look like that against MIA in play-in and then look like an MVP against us for the first 3 games. So it's hard to tell if it was a one game thing or not.

Who is gonna give Brunson the scoring support tonight? We can win with iso-Brunson, but we are a better team when everyone is contributing. Josh can't be scared to shoot, and we need DDV, OG, Deuce to all get their offense going.

We've seen multiple defensive adjustments throughout the series. I think not playing straight up coverage versus Embiid has been effective, we've forced him into his own head and making bad plays/turnovers.

One thing we should be cognizant of - the final 28 seconds doesn't really determine success of a game plan. We could argue we had a more successful 47 minutes last game than we did for some of our wins in this series. If we throttle Embiid with the same strategy can Maxey beat us again? Maybe we take that bet. If we are up 6 with 25 seconds left we are gonna win 9 out of 10.

DLeethal

5/2/2024  9:57 AM
Knicks are up 3-2 but after last game they almost have the "desperate team" edge. This feels like game 7 for us even if we get game 7 at MSG. I think that bodes well in our favor. Desperate teams win. These guys don't want game 7.
DLeethal

5/2/2024  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2024  10:00 AM
Philly was ready to break last game in the first half. It seemed the whole team quit beside Maxey. I hope if we get them in that type of position again we do not let up.

I mentioned after watching their play-in game versus MIA that they were the type of team that would pack it in when the going gets tough. I still believe that. They almost did it at home against MIA before Jimmy got hurt and gave them new life. Maxey needs to be contained but if we can build a double digit lead or get it up to 15 points they might quit.

LivingLegend

5/2/2024  9:59 AM
nycericanguy wrote:we really need to get off to a good start, falling behind by 10 early every game is alot to come back from. We end up having to go on a big run just to even things out.

I mean last game we went on some crazy 18-2 run or something and were only up a few points.

I-Hart has been a BIG disappointment thus far in this series.

Maybe he’s re-injured again but he may be losing himself some $$$$ if he doesn’t come thru with a big game.
We really need to be using his passing more —— too much iso Joe right now —- hopefully we figure out a good offensive flow that includes OG, Donte, Deuce, Josh and I-Hart.

Picturing Brunson riding around on horse 🐎 in kilts (Mel Gibson - Braveheart) rallying the troops with FRREDOM speech.

martin
USA
5/2/2024  10:02 AM
DLeethal wrote:Biggest questions for me are:

Was Embiid's choke job last game a result of compounded fatigue or just shrinking under the big lights?
Does his fatigue continue? We saw him look like that against MIA in play-in and then look like an MVP against us for the first 3 games. So it's hard to tell if it was a one game thing or not.

Who is gonna give Brunson the scoring support tonight? We can win with iso-Brunson, but we are a better team when everyone is contributing. Josh can't be scared to shoot, and we need DDV, OG, Deuce to all get their offense going.

We've seen multiple defensive adjustments throughout the series. I think not playing straight up coverage versus Embiid has been effective, we've forced him into his own head and making bad plays/turnovers.

One thing we should be cognizant of - the final 28 seconds doesn't really determine success of a game plan. We could argue we had a more successful 47 minutes last game than we did for some of our wins in this series. If we throttle Embiid with the same strategy can Maxey beat us again? Maybe we take that bet. If we are up 6 with 25 seconds left we are gonna win 9 out of 10.

It's the result of iHart, Big Mitch, and all the helpers.

martin
USA
5/2/2024  10:05 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:we really need to get off to a good start, falling behind by 10 early every game is alot to come back from. We end up having to go on a big run just to even things out.

Maybe he’s re-injured again but he may be losing himself some $$$$ if he doesn’t come thru with a big game.
We really need to be using his passing more —— too much iso Joe right now —- hopefully we figure out a good offensive flow that includes OG, Donte, Deuce, Josh and I-Hart.

Picturing Brunson riding around on horse 🐎 in kilts (Mel Gibson - Braveheart) rallying the troops with FRREDOM speech.

Ha yeah but he is going against a legit MVP and it's his first as a starter in that role. He is almost there.

nycericanguy

5/2/2024  10:16 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Ha yeah but he is going against a legit MVP and it's his first as a starter in that role. He is almost there.

yea but it's not like Embidd is just dominating.

OG, Mitch and Precious have all shut him down, the vast majority of his success is coming against Ihart. He's not doing a good job at all.

I like Ihart but he's become a bit overrated IMO, people talking about him as if teams are going to line up to pay him $20m, I don't see it, he's a limited player to an extent. Even us paying him $16-17m I think is too much but I understand if we do it.

nycericanguy

5/2/2024  10:18 AM
havent looked at numbers to back it up but it feels like we've been a much better team with Mitch and Deuce. Feels like those guys are just anchoring the defense. Kind of like Grimes and Mitch did a year ago.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/2/2024  10:22 AM
Give Philly the credit - they’ve gotten off the floor twice. Now it’s our turn.
nycericanguy

5/2/2024  10:25 AM
these games low scoring, every possession matters... falling behind by 10 early feels much more daunting than a reg season 10 pt deficit. We can't keep expecting to dig out of holes like that every game.
DLeethal

5/2/2024  10:29 AM
nycericanguy wrote:these games low scoring, every possession matters... falling behind by 10 early feels much more daunting than a reg season 10 pt deficit. We can't keep expecting to dig out of holes like that every game.

Agreed. 10 point hole in a game that will probably score less than 200 combined points is too much, especially when we are doing it to start each half. Pretty wild we've been able to overcome it in all of our wins.

It's starting to look like the 2021 team where the starters would always dig a hole and the Quick/Rose bench would get us back into the game.

I recall last game we got good shots early, guys have to hit them tonight.

DLeethal

5/2/2024  10:31 AM
I would make big adjustments for this game and game 7. I think starting Deuce is smart and you can always revert back to the original starting lineup for round 2. The only downside is that it's harder to find Brunson rest unless you are playing Deuce for 45 mins, which I think we can do. Starting Deuce could give the starters a spark and it could also get Dante going off the bench. I don't think we do it, so hopefully Dante comes through tonight and if not we have a quick hook for Deuce to come in.
[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy