[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/30/24 7PM TNT/MSG] R1G5 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 3-1)
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/1/2024  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2024  11:16 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Watching that shot again because I like pain, Thibs runs out clapping his hands like he’s clearly calling on them to foul there

Oh he was yelling at Deuce, right? I thought I saw that

? I have immediately is why wasn't the "I want you to foul" communicated prior to Maxey getting ball and coming up court?

I have to think if Deuce were told during our foul shots to foul he would have fouled - I am too disgusted to go back and watch that again.

Your phrasing is confusing, but the players have said it was communicated at around the 3 minute mark they foul in that situation. Hart, Brunson, and OG have said something along the lines of it is on the players on the floor at that time because they didn't communicate to everyone.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/2/2024  8:21 AM
The fouling is/was not a magic bullet. There was a lot of time on the clock. We would have had to make more FTs ourselves and they still would have had another possession/opportunity to shoot. I'm not entirely sure it would have worked.

Time to move on and think about tonight. Knicks can play much better basketball than they have been playing. Philly D has been on point, but its time for DiVo to step up his shooting. Our first quarters have been an offensive bungle. We are capable of better, but we have to knock down some shots or see someone else create as a secondary playmaker.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

5/2/2024  8:32 AM
VDesai wrote:The fouling is/was not a magic bullet. There was a lot of time on the clock. We would have had to make more FTs ourselves and they still would have had another possession/opportunity to shoot. I'm not entirely sure it would have worked.

Time to move on and think about tonight. Knicks can play much better basketball than they have been playing. Philly D has been on point, but its time for DiVo to step up his shooting. Our first quarters have been an offensive bungle. We are capable of better, but we have to knock down some shots or see someone else create as a secondary playmaker.

Agreed - lots of time left and we haven’t been a lights out clutch FT shooting team. Could lose the game in regulation that way.

DLeethal

5/2/2024  8:34 AM
Knicks have a starter problem in 1st and 3rd. They made some adjustments after the game 3 loss - I would hope we make an adjustment there. Start Deuce. He’s a tank and can play 48 mins if he has to.
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/2/2024  10:44 AM

It's now official: we were robbed. L2MR confirms many of the errors discussed here. Maxy's 4 point play was a travel. Hart was not out of bounds. Brunson's game winning shot which was blocked was blocked out of bounds and we should have had 0.4 sec

freaking shameful

let's out these referees and give them wedgies from street lamps in times square.

(5)(5)
DLeethal

5/2/2024  11:30 AM
Chandler wrote:
It's now official: we were robbed. L2MR confirms many of the errors discussed here. Maxy's 4 point play was a travel. Hart was not out of bounds. Brunson's game winning shot which was blocked was blocked out of bounds and we should have had 0.4 sec

freaking shameful

let's out these referees and give them wedgies from street lamps in times square.

Then it's a wash with game 2 and the series is still 3-2.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/2/2024  4:01 PM
I know a lot of people are getting on Thibs for staying with Mitch in the 4th. I am not on this boat. I think Thibs coaches each player differently. He wants Mitch confidence to really bloom and he wants Mitch to have this experience. A confident Mitch can really dominate. He sees Precious as a tough minded young man that can take being yanked from the rotation and put back again. The only thing I want for Mitch to do is when he contests a 3 pointer, jump up and not toward the shooter.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
5/3/2024  1:08 AM
I did the exact same. No need to increase the agony of that game. Forget and move on. Thank God we didn't do it again, but it was close, lol.

LivingLegend wrote:
JesseDark wrote:No sports radio or TV today for me me just want the next game to begin so we can get this thing over with.

Brunson can't play hero ball, has to utilize his teammates in OT and no jump passes. Every coach I've had since grade school has preached that.

No cute passes to Mitchell Robinson. If you not giving him an alley op he doesn't have a move to do anything with it.

Make free throws.

Coach utilize Precious and Burk.

I fear that Philly has found the right balance of rest for Embiid so that he is not exhausted down the stretch.

Yep - in bunker. No sound for me Thursday - can't take it.

[GT 4/30/24 7PM TNT/MSG] R1G5 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 3-1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy